Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 03:01:17 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 280
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 240
Total: 240
240 Guests, 0 Users

The Journey continues

Started by Rórir, March 29, 2013, 09:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rórir

So...Heyah, everyone! This is sorta gonna be the the continuation of a story, the first part being my character application, which i will link, right...about...here.
http://orcsoftheredblade.com/forum/index.php?topic=3223.0.
I sorta like writing, and i figured i really liked the beginning of a story that my application gave me. This is going to be test text about my character, Ã"qhara, and if the feedback i get (provided i get any) will be good, there's more to come!
Enjoy :)

"Ã"qhara woke up under the olive tree she had camped at the previous night, and squinted. The sky was very bright today, and it was completely cloudless. A flashback of yesterdays occurings sped trough her head, and she briefly felt as if a cold hand had reached into her stomach and twisted it around, but she shook it away quickly. Might just as well do something usefull than thinking about things she couldn't change. She yawned, and stood up, and immediately managed to hit her head on a branch. A stream of obscenities slipped out of her mouth as she growled at the tree, cursing it for simply existing just above her head.
Whip!
Ã"qhara stared at the tree in front of her, incredulous, rubbing her forehead which was quickly assuming a pretty hue of red.
Had that tree just slapped her!?
"Yes, I did" A bored voice announced.
Ã"qhara cast a glance up at the tree branches, and saw something that made her wonder if the mushroom stew she ate last night had been completely okay.
In the tree sat a girl of maybe ten, dangling her feet among the leaves. Her skin was a grassy green, and her eyes were azure with black slits, like that of a cats. Violet hair that hung in braids framed her rather bored face, and behind her tangled mop of hair stuck up antlers made of wood.
She wore a simple dress made out of leaves and flowers, which made for a pretty, if slightly weird fashion statement.
The creature looked down at Ã"qhara in a rather disapproving manner, and sighed.
"Are you mute, or simply stupid?" The girls voice sounded like the rustle of leaves and the moaning of the wind, only more high pitched.
Ã"qhara managed to shake herslef out of her dazed state, and stuck out her breast.
"I am Ã"qhara Wolftear, last surviving member of my tribe, and you have no right to call me stupid."
The girl rolled her eyes. "Well, you do seem to be a bit simple considering i didn't even ask what your name is, and you only vaguely answered my question, but if you're so eager to exchange names ten fine, i am Kal'lir, spirit of these plains, protector of nature and fashion extraordinaire."
Ã"qhara looked dubiously at Kal'lir the tree spirit before something dawned upon her.
"So...Kal'lir, right? If you're the spirit of these plains, then you probably have some kind of built in map of these plains and their surroundings, dont you?"
Kal'lir nodded.
"Yup"
Ã"qhara gazed over the plains and marveled at the area of which this girl had control over.
Then she turned her eyes to the spirit.
"Well then, if i'd say my village burned down a few days ago, and i need to reach civilization as quick as possible, could you possibly give me a bit of help with getting there? I mean like, telling me which way to go and such"
Kal'lir looked up in thought and seemed to ponder the question as if she was sucking on a exceptionally sweet fruit. At last she smacked her fist into her little palm, stating she had come to a conclusion. She turned her unnervingly feline eyes toward óqhara and smiled, which made her hope for the best.
"No".
It took a while for Ã"qhara to let that sink in, before she actually realized she had just been turned down.
"What do you mean no!? "She snapped "Aren't nature spirits supposed to be kind and giving creatures?"
Kal'lir crossed her hands and pouted.
"After the verbal abuse i just suffered from you after you managed to hit your head? Uh, no."
Ã"qhara was just about to object when Kal'lir cut her off.
"Of course i could help you, but that would mean you would have to...."
The spirit leaned down and tapped Ã"qhara on the cheek teasingly."A favor"
The question hung in the air for a moment, reverberating and sending shivers up Ã"qharas spine.
"What....what kind of favor..?"
The spirit waved it away with a flick of her hand.
"Oh nothing special. I feel like my dress needs a bit of cheering up, so all i need is for you to get me flower."
The spirit grinned sheepishly, and Ã"qhara accepted the offer without hesitating, feeling like she'd just made a great deal. What could be so hard about that?
"What kind of flower?"

Ã"qhara was beginning to suspect there was something suspicious going on with the flower-hunt she had been sent on, because as soon as she had went to the little patch of forest that Kal'lir had assured her was where this oh-so-special wonder-flower grew, the forest had closed behind her, effectively trapping her inside.
She threw herself at the wall of wood in front of her but to no avail. She briefly considered burning it down, but she guessed trees didn't behave like that themselves without the help of a spirit of some sort, and she thought it best to avoid angering it in any way she could.
She sat down on the ground and sighed, exasperated.
"Oh great."
"Same could not be said about your presence, orc."
Ã"qhara yelped and scrambled to her feet.
"Who or what are you?" She asked the air, hurriedly. After the events of the morning, the "what" didn't seem too out of place."
Suddenly a face appeared in the oak in front of her. The face was that of a sleeping man, who wore an annoyed frown on his face, as if he was dreaming and suddenly some bug dared to disturb his sleep.
"Who i am?" The face said ponderingly, as if recalling a long lost memory. "I am the forest, the trees, the air, the river, the birds. I am everything around here, this is my kingdom, my home, me." He (she assumed form the voice it was a he) sneered. "Funny you asked who i am, when i was here a thousand years before you where born, and i will be here a thousand years after you have left this earth, but if you have to call me by a name, Ã"qhara Wolftear, i am Angu."
Ã"qhara could feel a strange force emanating from him, infinitely much stronger than that of Kal'lir, and felt that if she angered him, he could crush her like a bug, so she decided not to ask him how he knew her name. Instead she felt like she should get to the real thing as fast as she could.
"Er...Angu,so, i came here to ask you that....could i have a-"
"Flower?" Angu cut her off. His voice was dangerously calm, but his face was distorted into an expression of pure rage. His eyes were shut, as if keeping tears away.
"Did that upstart Kal'lir send you here?" His voice trembled, as if he was within an inch of obliterating everything within a one-mile radius
"Oh i remember her. She came here as just a baby with her first linen dress, and then she gave me those gorgeous kitty eyes, and asked for just one tiny little flower." The forest spirit made a face and started talking in a high pitched voice.
"Oh mister forest spirit,  could i have a flower, just one? I wanna have one 'cause it would make my dress so much more pretty!" The spirit made an unnerving sound which Ã"qhara realized must have been a giggle, then he sneered again. "Bah! Just one flower she said, well, she has stolen flower after flower after that, just to fancy up her dress, well guess what? I'm tired of it!"
A thump was heard somewhere when a tree smacked against the ground, which Ã"qhara guessed was his equivalent of smacking his fist. The tail of some poor unfortunate creature stuck out under the tree.
"Do you KNOW how long it takes to make those flowers, they are my best! Well, if you want a flower, take it, but i assure you, you are gonna go trough HELL to get it."
Ã"qhara backed but stumbled on a root which she was almost sure hadn't been there before, and swallowed. Oh great, she was trapped between facing the rage of either one nature spirit or the other.
"Err, hey" She tried to laugh, but it ended up into a hysterical giggle. "Don't shoot the messenger, right...Right?!"
The spirit growled and spat a clump of black goo at the ground before the face dissapeared.
The voice sounded again, reverberating trough the forest.
And who are you to tell me not to?

Sorry for the long and relatively eventless text, but please, have patience, the next sequence is going to be absolutely STUFFED with action. Well, thanks anyways, and BIG hugs to all who read this.! :)

(PS) Do feel free to point out anything in my style of writing that i keep doing that annoys you, like using some words too much or something. All kinds of advice accepted. :)