Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 04:37:46 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
  • Total Members: 1195
  • Latest: brad
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 103
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 74
Total: 74
74 Guests, 0 Users

Alone in the Darkness

Started by Rhonya, April 28, 2014, 05:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhonya

Night had fallen over the trees of the Eversong forest, making the twisted trees look rather ominous, a pale reflection of the colorful splendor they were in the daylight. Most of the Orcs were sleeping, apart from some that enjoyed roaming through the dark woods at night. Hidden under a hastily made shelter of leather, furs and blankets, a shape was sleeping. The shelter was very much out of sight, put up between bushes and in the shadow of one of the trees.  Anyone passing by would just think it were the shadows of the trees looming over the bushes.

Rhonya wasn’t wearing anything, merely covered by a thin blanket due to the weather in Eversong that was mostly pretty hot, and the fur covered hut kept the warmth in very well. Only Therak would find her there probably, since he always had a way of locating her if she didn’t come to the usual sleeping place they shared. She hadn’t felt like sleeping inside the building this night. Rargnasha had asked how she was doing, and of course she’d lied to him. But she felt nothing for being close to him at the moment, with his unfair accusations and threats.

For now she was sleeping quietly under her blanket, only her form betraying she wasn’t very comfortable though, almost as if she was dreaming or having a vision of something not entirely pleasant…

Rhonya saw herself standing in darkness, nothing around her. Now, this didn’t trouble her so much as the fact that it just felt wrong. Something was off here, but she hadn’t found out yet exactly what it was. Some urge told her to move, but when she took a step forwards her bare toes bumped into something soft. Frowning, she knelt down and tried feeling what it was, lying at her feet. Something wet and sticky stuck to her hands as she moved them over the object, and she could feel flesh as well, an arm… Armor clad the figure, but it was ripped and shred.

A frown appeared on Rhonya’s face as she muttered a soft word. In response a small fireball appeared in her hand and the light suddenly showed her what or who was actually in front of her, the flames illuminating the face. Light crept over the nose, the eyebrows, the open eyes, staring at nothing. Clapping a hand in front of her mouth, Rhonya reeled back from the body, holding in a scream as she tripped over something else while she tried to get away from the sigh she’d just witnessed. She landed painfully on her hands and back on the floor, her hands slipping over more wetness there. There was another body under her…

The light she’d been holding went out when she fell, so the room was in darkness once more. Still, she saw the face in her mind, the face of Therak, staring up at her, his face a twisted mask of pain and agony as blood covered him. Her form started to tremble and a soft whimper escaped her lips as she scrambled up from the second body she had fallen over, her naked skin now covered in red, sticky streaks. The light flamed up in her hand again as she looked below. This body was smaller… A scream filled her ears, and for a moment she was confused, until she realized she heard herself screaming. Panicking, she looked around, the flame in her hand growing slightly larger. Around her, in a spiraling circle, were bodies. Countless bodies, dead lumps of twisted limps. She recognized all of them though…

Behind her was Therak. His armor was shred to pieces, claw marks covering his skin as if some feral being had taken it’s anger out on him. His throat was ripped open, his mouth still hanging half open in an unsuccessful attempt to gasp for breath. Her mate… Her most beloved mate, who’d given her a daughter, who’d watched over her when she had gotten into trouble and set her on the right path again. The one who’d always stood by her and she could always talk to. Now dead, lying at her feet.
Nex to him were four small shapes, his arms almost wrapped around the small bodies. She didn’t want to see those, but the image burned into her mind anyway. Her children… It almost looked as if Therak had died defending them, half shielding them with his body, but they were lifeless anyway.

Frozen in place, she forced herself to look at the others, her eyes wide in terror.

At her feet were Grogona and Rargnasha, the form of her sister the one she’d tripped over. Her dreadlocks lay as snakes around her head, her face pale and bloodied. Her dagger was still in one hand, the other holding the hand of the male lying next to her. A hole was visible in the female’s stomach, ripped right through her tight leather armor and tabard. The sister that had chosen to love her before knowing of her past, and continued to do such when she found out about Rhonya anyway. The things they had shared, bloodbonds and even birthing at the same time…

Rargnasha was wearing his familiar plate outfit, and for a moment Rhonya couldn’t see any wounds on him, until she saw it. His throat was slit. Just one, deep line of red marked his green skin. It seemed a little silly to her somehow, that such a simple wound could fell such a strong and large male. His eyes were open in surprise, as if he had not seen the attack coming at all, and had just been speaking to Grogona while holding her hand. Around them, scattered, lay the tiny bodies of their own children, twisted shapes Rhonya couldn’t bare looking at longer. She’d never wanted this for her brother. Rhonya might have been mad at him, but this… not this, not losing him.

As she kept shifting her gaze, she recognized the other forms. Grek’thar, alone to the side, half of him hidden in shadows, some of his limbs twisted and broken. Horrible wounds covered him and the ground below him was red of blood.
Gridish, his lips blue and his skin very pale, as if he’d frozen to death somehow, his hand clenched around his staff. Niranoya at his side, the same blue lips and pale skin making her look almost like a ghost figure.
Caruk, his eyes empty, the usual shine gone from the now empty sockets. He almost could look as if he was sleeping, apart from the fact the undead don’t sleep.
Krogon lying nearby the form of Rargnasha, his sword in his hand, the other hand reaching out towards the form of his Chieftain, as if he’d been just too late to save the one he’d sworn to protect. The back of his skull was crushed, gone, the gore covering the ground below him.
Gashuk, the feathers of his splendorous shoulderpads covered in blood and gore, a faint green shimmer still around his body, smoke rising up from him. Burnmarks covered him, horrible, festering wounds and blackened limbs twisting under him, his face nearly not recognizable anymore.

The others were all there too. Trakmar on the edge, the body of his loyal companion next to him, half lying over him. Mokhtar, a smithing hammer in his hand. Groshnok, surrounded by bottles of whiskey, his head actually lying several feet away from his body. Kozgugore, more looking like a pile of fur with his armor and Shrewd curled up against him, almost looking like he was sleeping, apart from the fact his fur was slick with blood and his eyes stared lifeless at his just as dead master.
More and more bodies spread out across the ground. Shrika, Oguur, Nograx and Grulda lying in some sort of deadly embrace, Gruulg, Okurah, Karak, Sadok…

At that moment Rhonya couldn’t take it anymore, the sight of all of those she loved dead around her, gone, forever silent, their lights gone out like the flame of a candle, never burning again. The fire in her hand started to flicker and went out, covering the scene around her in darkness again. Trembling all over, she sank to her knees on the blood covered floor, her legs not able anymore to carry her weight. What had happened? Had she done this…? Had she all let them die around her, doing nothing? Was this a punishment of some sort, everyone leaving her, dying, leaving her alone once more..

Alone in the darkness, their blood on her hands…
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Gridish

GG WP. Rhonya too stronk. Blizzard nerf plox. QQ.

Gridish Rimeweaver

Thrash'Nak

Nothing comes easy, and besides nothing easy is worth having.

Nograx

Blood in the soil, makes for more toil! Tell the bloody earth, a new Horde to give birth! -General Nazgrim

I am Dragonmaw, I am the blood of the Dragon and the fist of the Horde! - Lieutenant Krugruk

Therak

My biggest question is... where's all the badguys we're supposed to bring along for the trip to the eternal plains?
Think, assess, act.

Groshnok

The one night Grosh decides not to sleep in the city!

Okiba

Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Krezurgesh

Yeeaaaaah, Krez Survives, New chief!  8)
"You are the mountain, Unmoveable by all but time!"

Grekthar

QuoteGrek’thar, alone to the side, half of him hidden in shadows, some of his limbs twisted and broken. Horrible wounds covered him and the ground below him was red of blood.

Well... ouch.

I feel like I'm the only sane one in this Tribe. And I have four elementals living in my skull!

Rhonya

Quote from: Krezurgesh on April 29, 2014, 03:12:46 AM
Yeeaaaaah, Krez Survives, New chief!  8)

That he's not named, doesn't mean he's not there! :P Otherwise I would've had to put the whole roster in there xD
But thanks for the comments, peeps ;)
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."