Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 367
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 82
Total: 82
82 Guests, 0 Users

Application: Gal'Rash Stormscream

Started by Mazara, March 14, 2014, 07:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazara

-Details of your Orc character-
Gal'Rash is a venerable veteran from the first and second wars. His white hair and beard has grown long, and so to keep them from getting in the way he has braided them (rather than shave, since he takes some pride in his long hair). His body speaks of conflict through many years with scars both from blade and magical residue, though none seem to adorn his face save for a single long white cut from one end of his face to another, straight across.

-Name-
Gal'Rash Stormscream

-Class-
Far Seer / Farseer

-Level-
25+ (planning on boosting to 90 once I reach 60)

-Tell us something about your (role)playing experience-
I don't really know how long it's been since I first started roleplaying on WoW, but it's been years. I first started on private servers dedicated to hardcore roleplay, and I learned all the steps from there. I find great joy in building a roleplay setting and enjoy even more the company of great roleplayers to play with. I hope we will all get along!

-And finally, please write a short story and/or IC introduction about your character-
Gal'Rash was born on Draenor into a shaman's family. While his life remained uneventful around his childhood and early youth, his destiny started to take shape when the Orcs were united into the ferocious Horde to invade the world of Azeroth. Though Gal'Rash had been a noble shaman most of his life, and quite an accomplished one at that, when the Burning Legion corrupted the Orcs he too fell for the bloodrage.
Carrying over onto the second war, Gal'Rash continued to wield the elements to reign devestation upon the humans of Azeroth and Lordaeron. In one particular battle, Gal'Rash earned the name of Stormscream as he whipped the spirits of air to conjure up a raging thunderstorm upon the humans, paving the way for the Horde's troops to launch their next assault.
Eventually, the rampaging horde is defeated and the survivors is rounded up into internment camps. It is not until now that Gal'Rash realizes the errors of his ways. In captivity, Gal'Rash is forced to face the errors of his ways. Not until now does he realize what terrible deeds he has done upon the elements, and through them, to others.
Suddenly, with Gal'Rash's realization, the elements stopped answering his calls. They no longer wished to be wielded for evil purpose.
Then, Thrall and Grommash broke free the Orc survivors and lead them across the sea. Gal'Rash was stationed with the Warsong Clan in Ashenvale to gather lumber. He thought the forests would bring him calm, to reflect on things. Oh how wrong he was.
When Cenarius came, Grom lead the Warsong and all Orcs under his command, including Gal'Rash, to drink from the blood of Mannoroth. Once again, Gal'Rash fell into a bloodrage more powerful than ever, and even though the elements did no longer answer him, being an accomplished melee fighter he still slew many a Night Elf with his axe.
Suddenly, freed from the blood haze, Gal'Rash comes to his senses. Thrall has freed Grom, and then they both had slain Mannoroth. The Orcish race was finally free of their demonic masters. But while Gal'Rash found comfort in this, little could take away the memories of what he had done. The Draenei children he had slaughtered back on Draenor, the Humans he had ripped apart by bending the elements to his will. The elements were silent. Gal'Rash fell into despair. For his entire life he had asked the spirits for guidance, but with the demon blood craze he had betrayed them. He saw it only fit for them to abandon him... But suddenly a vision came to him of his former apprentice, Arga. Back on Draenor, she had been a young shaman with potential beyond many, yet the invasion of Azeroth had cost her life in the second war. He sees then, in the vision, or maybe it was a memory, as he held her in his arms, and she was dying. She told him then of her son, and how she saw it a duty failed to have died before seeing him grow up. It would seem, what little blood haze she had left in her dying state had left her with the blessing of the elements. In the vision he hears himself say to her then, to never give up, never surrender. Lok'tar Ogar.
The words in the vision come to him like a punch in the face. He decides then that he shall take to exile in the wilds, to mend his broken bond with the spirits, and never to give up hope.
Years passed, and Gal'Rash found no place in Orgrimmar, Durotar, or even Kalimdor. Once the portal reopened, he traveled through it, thinking he would find his old homeland once again, but... Nay. The world had been twisted and destroyed, devestated, obliterated... He realized then that there is much work to be done to mend a broken world.

Through his years of exile and travel, Gal'Rash developed the gift of farseeing. Though at first the change came to him unknowingly, he soon became aware that the elements had rejoined him and that his power had grown ten-fold. He had become a Far Seer, and now travels the broken worlds (both!) in order to make amends with the spirits, calm the elements, and restore what was destroyed by his own race's folly, or Deathwing the Destroyer himself.

Sadok

Howdy there, Galrash! Application looks more or less fine, and I can tell you have an eye for detail and a healthy appreciation for the lore.

Just one slight thing in terms of continuity: as far as I'm aware at least, dark shamanism wasn't practiced by the Old Horde. When the spirits stopped heeding the orcs' call, the shamans by and large became warlocks - instances of orcish dark shamanism don't really crop up until much later on Azeroth.

It's not a huge deal, but if you can think about why your character would have eschewed fel magicks instead of the rather uncommon dark shamanism, than I reckon it could fly - alternately, you might want to consider slightly revising that element of your character's backstory.

Either way, that minor quibble aside, the rest is great and we can't wait to meet Galrash ingame for his in-character interview! Message any officer in-game and we'll see that Galrash has a chance to introduce himself to some of our merry band of orcses!

...For the Blood of the Tribe!

Mazara

Oh boy, how silly of me. I actually had no idea about that, still I wondered why the shamans became warlocks in Warcraft III during the scenario where Grom drinks from Mannoroth's blood! I'll have a look at it right away.

Edit: I edited it to exclude the Dark Shamanism and rather have the elements abandon him, and rejoining him later. He took up no warlock magic inbetween.

Also doing some googling there seem to be Fel Orc Dark Shamans in Hellfire Peninsula. I suppose these surfaced later then, during TBC/After Draenor was torn apart?

Sadok

Awesome-sauce! As before, poke an officer in-game for your in-character interview.

Quote from: Galrash on March 15, 2014, 12:26:36 AM
Also doing some googling there seem to be Fel Orc Dark Shamans in Hellfire Peninsula. I suppose these surfaced later then, during TBC/After Draenor was torn apart?

It's a slightly vague subject, but Blizz are pretty clear on the whole 'orc shamans became warlocks' thing as seen in the likes of Rise of the Horde. Fel Orc Dark Shaman may be using demonic energies to augment their powers -- see the red-skinned dark shaman in the new Ragefire Chasm instance. Or it could be one of those wacky quality-control things like the Twilight Vindicator paladins or Arcane Elemental mobs.

Mazara

Ah yes, the Twilight "paladins"... *Shudders*