Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 05:47:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 30
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 13
Total: 13
13 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Request for RP-PvP opponents.  (Read 4938 times)

Adelaine

• Cub
    • View Profile
Request for RP-PvP opponents.
« on: June 27, 2009, 09:52:27 PM »
Hello, Adelaine here from Natures grasp. A loooong time ago Calisar asked me to put together a world-pvp battle for us treehuggers and so I will, even if a few months top late. Anyway I always only heard good things about the Red blades and I have fond memories of my own encounters with you smelly orcs. I was in Mistblades around a year ago and we once did a battle together where I'm ashamed to admit you all sadly put us all to shame.

I would suggest we place this one if you accept in Stonetalon Mountains again since it's such a good place for orc/night elf conflicts (it's our only way by land to Feralas unless we wish to risk crossing the barrens).

I do have a plan in mind in case you are interested though I'm always open for suggestions in case you all would prefer something else. I would however personally prefer to discuss that part after I know if you are up for fighting us over control of Kalimdor :)

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
Re: Request for RP-PvP opponents.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 12:12:04 AM »
We're certainly always up for some RP-WPvP every now and then! Especially if it's about bonking some elfies on the head. You can explain the details either here, or I can contact you about it in-game on my Alliance account sometime, seeing how the PM function's broken on this forums.

Oh and nice to see your kind around here again! o/
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Adelaine

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 12:22:52 AM »
Copying the same details over here that I wrote on my own guild forum even if there is no real way for the orcs to know the IC letter part unless they are spying on us! :o

Honoured members of the council.

It has been several months now since our strike against the undead pressence hiding in Thunderbuff. In the days after high priestess Calisar asked if I where willing to plan further strikes against our enemies and since then I have spent many nights considering how to accomplish this in a meaningful way. I admit what I suggest now might not be exactly what she first had in mind when she gave me this assignment yet with our resoruces I believe it’s the best choice available.

The simple truth is that one small group however talented can not on their own change anything that matters, nor can we win a war. If we swift our priorities however and choose a target closer to home I believe we just might do something meaningful to protect all Kaldorei. Because of this I request permission to gather a strike team to investigate the current situation of Stonetalon mountain and to deal with any threat we might find.

With the barrens being fully in the hands of the orcs Stonetalon mountain is is the only ground we have that connects us to the southern parts of Kalimdor. Currently it is a place held by neither the kaldorei people or the horde yet if we where to lose more ground it could lead to the isolation of Feralas and losing contact with the General Shandris Feathermoon. I would also like to remind you that Stonetalon mountains despite horde activities still holds one of the few uncorrupted burrow dens of the druids of the talon.

Victory or defeat doesn’t matter.The important part is not the number of casualties we suffer or what damage we can inflict on the enemy, what matters is that we keep the horde on the egde and prevent them from further expansions in Stonetalon mountain or use it to launch attacks into Feralas or Ashenvale.

Adelaine Nightchill

Battle for Stonetalon mountains.
Here comes the battle plan, I tried to keep it simple but do tell if you think it sounds to complex or hard to carry out. :)

Round 1: Scout party skirmish

In the first round the two different armies will meet on neutral ground, I picked the road next to Mirkfallon lake since while it’s large and open it still has several trees to hide behind and it’s also relatively free of interference from monsters that could ruin the atmosphere. This one is pretty streight forward, there are no defenders or attackers. Simply the two armies encounter each other leading to battle. The winner depends on who does the best job or who is the stronger and neither side has a advantage over the other.

Round 2: Assault on Sun rock Retreat/Stonetalon Peak
Location: Depending on who win the first battle either Sun Rock Retreat or Stonetalon Peak.

Simply put the winners will stop and allow the losing side to resurrect and retreat back up to their own city. Following the retreating army the winning side will attempt to carry out a raid against their enemies city while those that lost will attempt to hold them off. There is a slightly advantage to the defenders here since they can hide and strike first as well as perhaps have a low level NPC or two on their side.

Round 3.1: Driving the offenders out.

If the defenders fail to hold their city they have now lost the overall battle yet will be given one last chance to regain some of their honor by driving the other side out. The attackers will once again allow the losing side to resurrect and recover yet they will have to hold the city until the defenders comes back. Meaning they get no chance to really recover themselves but have to hold off all the guards and the like until the other side strikes and then attempt to beat them a third time. If they can manage this they can go home knowing they defeated their enemies at every turn and helped keeping their people safe from harm while the defenders will have no choice but to lick their wounds hand hope for better luck another day.

Round 3.2: Pushing the enemy back (if the attackers lost round 2)

In case the army fail in their attempt to assault their enemies town in Round 2 we hold one last battle to decide who is the winner of the day. The attackers will be allowed to resurrect and retreat by the defenders and when they are ready the defenders charge out of the town in order to scare the enemy off. If they win they get to make up for losing the first battle in round 1 yet if they lose the attackers can go home knowing that even though they couldn’t raid the enemy town they at least won the day and managed to beat the other side twice on neutral ground.

The end:

Any side that archive two victories over the other will win but in the case one side wins round one and two the third one will still be held to give the defenders one last chance for some small victory over their enemies even if they have already lost the larger battle. I think next week is a little short to gather people to it but if you like it maybe we can give it a try the week after that around the 7-10th or so. Anyway, we can agree on specific time later :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 12:25:27 AM by Adelaine »

Adelaine

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 04:34:47 PM »
Sooo, you orcs are still interested to plan something. The thing above was just my idea how a fight in Stonetalon could be. Would be nice to talk directly though about it all either ingame if you log your alliance account Koz or if you have msn or anything like that? :)

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 08:02:54 PM »
Rarely log on to MSN these days, though I did try to catch you in-game a couple of times, though in vain. I'll keep on trying a little more often though, and I could give you my e-mail then, should it be of any use. The plan itself looks good to me, at any rate!

Adelaine

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 08:36:07 PM »
:o

I'll been on quite a lot. Mostly in the evenings though, so that's probably the best time to try. If nothing else you can find me around 20:00 tomorrow before out guild event start :)

Burgorg

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 04:37:30 AM »
So we go take another bubblebath?

...Please?

Vargosh

• Red Blade
  • Prowler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 10:15:11 PM »
I want to bathe in them Elfwells too!

Adelaine

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 12:43:22 AM »
Since there seems to be some problems catching each other online I'm thinking perhaps we should just do the whole thing through either this forum or I could give you a email adress where we could talk things over. Would take longer but if we try to discuss many things in same letters we could solve it :)

Adelaine

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 12:03:45 AM »
Hello, not seen you this weekend but I hope everything is ready by now. Using this thread in lack of better options. We have 6-7 if everyone that signed shows up now I could probably push it to 8-10 if needed. Hope those numbers work for you, Do login to your msn when you have time Koz, I'm normally online for most of the days there when I'm studying even if I'm not in the game. :)

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 02:35:26 AM »
I tried to log on from time to time, on MSN as well as WoW, but didn't seem to be able to catch you there. Bad choice of times, I suppose. At any rate, 10 orcs have signed up on the calendar for it so far, though some (three or so) of them lowlevel, ranging from 25 to 50. Our calendars aren't always exact however, so it could be more, or it could be less, in the end too.

Adelaine

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 07:47:30 AM »
I just had a bad weekend, anyway that sounds lovely. I think we will be somewhat balanced or at least close enough for it to work out well :)