Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 07:27:39 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 280
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 245
Total: 245
245 Guests, 0 Users

Last Post Wins #3

Started by Sadok, August 14, 2015, 06:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kozgugore

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/List_of_predictions_of_the_end_of_the_world

Take your pick if you want to get hyped for the end of the world. Millions of people have preceded you in expecting it to happen in a particular time. And the above doesn't even list all of them. People always like to think their own particular time and age will somehow be more relevant than the other, however. They like to  think themselves relevant like that.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Revax

I like how they baked warhammer 40k into one of those

Regorn

"Names does not matter, only who you are" - An old Friend from past, Thar'grash Thunderfury

Umaua

Thats true Koz, but most of the world endings have been religiously motivated and made up by people using logic, with incomplete knowledge.

Not that science is always right either, and many things are predicted. But if they got data behind it, its atleast more likely.
And they call me insane? I am the most sane person around!

Kozgugore

I had a feeling someone would bring up the religion argument into this, considering how easy it is to bash on those. However, bear in mind religion has been to people what science is to us now, for well over millennia. It can hold just as many truths, or falsifications, as science still does in present day. You certainly can't say science or even reason has been right about everything thus far, bearing in mind how many times people have changed their minds about environmental consequences or the impact of certain industries (or how some media choose to remain blind to some of the worst offenders for that matter). Or heck, even Einstein on quantum physics.

Anyway, the point was that everything thinks they're the final generation, but something tells me we needn't worry all that much that we'll be any more special than our previous generation (which was far closer to an all-out nuclear war than we'll ever be, so I think we should be okay for now).

Umaua

Oh I disagree with most of your points, but agree that we likely don't have to worry 'bout much but the climate change. That is atleast one subject at which there's loads of evidence that majority of scientific fields agree on. Evidence mounting from more than just climate scientists.

Kozgugore

No worries, I didn't expect to brighten you up or anything. There's no changing the opinion of people who are dead set in their militant attitude towards religion these days anyway. x3

Regorn

Indeed, Emperor Protects! May none find us wanting!

"Names does not matter, only who you are" - An old Friend from past, Thar'grash Thunderfury

Revax

It's not what we dont know that gets us into trouble. It's what we know for sure -that just aint- so. -Mark Twain

Umaua

*Dramatic faint* Deadset and militant? I am truly hurt, so truly.

But! To keep up with the picture theme, sort of.

Kozgugore

Quote from: Umaua on December 10, 2015, 09:00:16 PM
Deadset and militant? I am truly hurt, so truly.

Awh, there, there.

Regorn

Some say he knows only of one type of pie, and that he wakes up Kozgugore every morning. All we know is he’s called Devilstep.

Umaua

I am not sure anyone is paying attention to your posts anymore.

But thats okay, because we have

Okiba

Quote from: Regorn on December 11, 2015, 12:56:29 AM
Some say he knows only of one type of pie, and that he wakes up Kozgugore every morning. All we know is he’s called Devilstep.

I'm worried by the potential context hinted at by those two items in unity. However, i am imrpessed by your dedication.
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Revax

If Krogon was the son of Grommash he would be called Garrote Hellscream.