Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 07:03:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 30
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 16
Total: 16
16 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Drokhgar  (Read 1796 times)

Drokhgar

• Cub
    • View Profile
Drokhgar
« on: June 06, 2018, 04:12:33 PM »
Name: Drokhgar
Level:21 (at time of post)

I have played on Defias Brotherhood since TBC, there's not a lot of RP on there so I was keen to try playing an RP server. I am a fan of the Orcs in Warcraft/WoW, my first character was Gorbroth (Orc Warrior on Defias still my main today), so I haven't done much RP on WoW, but I have been a roleplayer IRL, ie D&D, Warhammer RPG, Lord of the Rings RPG's etc. I have read the story of your clan and it seems like somewhere my new Orc would fit in well, as hopefully you'll see from my story below....

And finally, please write a short story and/or (IC) introduction about your character:
 I am Drokhgar of the Blackrock clan, or at least I used to be….

I was born in the upper spire of Blackrock Mountain. My brother Dranthor and I were raised in the Blackrock clan where we learned to serve Nefarian’s Black Dragonflight under Dal’rend, Warchief of the Dark Horde. Dranthor was destined to be a warrior, he had great skill with weapons. I on the other hand, had another calling. The forces of the elements spoke to me through their own internal struggle. The presence of the Firelord Ragnaros in the Molten Core, caused war between the elements. My dreams were tormented by the constant battle between fire and earth as the mountain sought to contain Ragnaros’ rage. I knew very quickly that I was destined to be a shaman, but here in the spire, dark sorcery was the chosen path and any shaman was arrested. The Dark Horde had no use for the old ways, so Dranthor kept my secret from the rest of the clan.
I was still young when Rend was slain and the Dark Horde fell into chaos. For years the Blackrocks fought with the Dark Iron dwarves from their city below. The use of Fel magic increased as the warlocks tried to bolster the clan’s numbers with demons. These were dark years for me. I hid my shamanistic calling and learned to fight. Dranthor taught me well, but I knew I could not stay in the mountain and survive. I decided I had to escape and try to make my way to the New Horde city of Orgimmar. I shared my plan with my brother, but Dranthor was not pleased with this idea. He believed if we ran away, we would be abandoning our people and this would be dishonourable. I tried to convince him, telling him that the use of the Fel was unnatural and that our clan would fall victim to the demons eventually. He would not listen.
When the Cataclysm happened and Deathwing rose to power, things became even worse in the mountain. The Twilights Hammer entered the Spire, with more Ogres and more Warlocks. I had to leave. I offered Dranthor to come with me, but he refused and we parted ways after a bitter argument. I made my plans, but as I made my escape, I was discovered and captured. Arrested by the Twighlight’s Hammer cultists, I was taken to Blackrock Caverns and imprisoned. My captors took great pleasure in telling me how they knew of my escape. My brother had betrayed me.
I was left to rot in the caverns, for how long I don’t know. Perhaps years passed in the darkness, until a group of adventurers stormed the caverns. In the chaos of the assault I made my escape. I was in the Burning Steppes when I realised I was being pursued. Blackrock Orcs were chasing me, led by Dranthor himself! By now the Twilight’s Hammer had corrupted his body and his mind. The brother I had was gone and now an evil twisted mutant was on my trail. I was nearly captured as I tried to cross the passes into Redridge canyons, but as Dranthor and his hunting pack closed in, they were met by a force of Alliance defenders. I managed to escape and made my way eventually to Grom’Gol and took a zeppelin to Orgrimmar.
 In Orgrimmar, there were shaman trainers. Kardris Dreamseeker offered to guide me if I joined the Horde, so I was sent to the Valley of Trials to prove my worth. Finally I was free to open my mind and was taught to commune with the elements. I travelled through Durotar, helping the trolls of Sen’jin and the Horde camp at Razor Hill before being sent to the Barrens and the Crossroads to deal with the Quilboars and Centaurs, who threaten the Horde presence in Kalimdor.
In that time, much has changed. Garrosh Hellscream lost his mind and was executed. Vol’jin took control of the Horde. I had mixed feelings about this. A Shaman leading the Horde is a good thing, but a troll? Then the Burning Legion invaded Azeroth. The champions of the Horde assaulted the Broken Shore but were defeated. Vol’jin was slain and now the Banshee Queen is Warchief. I have no trust for that creature or her kind. The Forsaken are a product of dark, unnatural magics. They were the Scourge and the Scourge was raised by the Legion.
I will serve the Horde, but I will not bow to the Banshee and so I seek a clan who will accept me. When I am powerful enough, I will return to Blackrock. Another enemy is there now. The Ironmarch holds sway over the Upper Spire and the remnants of the Twilight’s Hammer are said to lurk in the shadows. If Dranthor is still alive, I need to try and remove the taint of the Fel and return my brother. If not, he will be slain.

Trakmar

• Elder
  • Proven
    • View Profile
Re: Drokhgar
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 05:57:30 PM »
Looks like a fine application to me! The character's motivations and story are explained well, and any questions I had were answers.

Feel free to contact any of the following officers in-game: Kozgugore, Trakmar, Kogrà, Noshmarak.

"We do not kill - We Hunt
We do not enslave - We tame
There is no good and evil - Only instinct"

Drokhgar

• Cub
    • View Profile
Re: Drokhgar
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 11:02:54 AM »
Thanks Trakmar,
I hope to get plenty of gaming done over the weekend, so I will look out for Kozgugore, Kogrà, Noshmarak and/or yourself. I know i am very low level at the moment and my intention is to make sure I develop my professions while levelling. So i doubt I'll be much use to you guys straight away, but the story of Drokhgar was in my head before I decided to look at the Argent Dawn server. It seemed a waste to have a half decent backstory and no way to 'explore' it.
The decision to come to Argent Dawn was made when I read about the Orcs of the Red Blade on the EU forums. It seemed like a very good fit for this character, so I'm glad you liked my brief history.

For info I have two lvl 110 Shaman on Defias, one resto, one Enhancement, so I have a bit of experience with the class. It's really the RP aspect which I'm looking to get into here, so hopefully Drokghar suits what your clan is all about and if I don't get to become a member, I'm happy to RP with the Red Blade anyway. I met a few earlier in the week at the Crossroads and introduced myself. It was fun to get into some RP. For me, this is what the game really needs more of.