Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:22:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 117
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 116
Total: 116
116 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: [Letter] Clan!  (Read 3547 times)

Okiba

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
  • Warrior Monk
    • View Profile
[Letter] Clan!
« on: February 01, 2018, 08:02:36 AM »
The following letter is addressed to Noshmarak Ironclaw by name for purpose of the address, but inside it is obvious it is intended for the whole clan...

...written on clean, crisp parchment and sealed with wax within a thick envelope the letter states...

My clan!

I hope this letter finds you all soon and in good health. Since the colossal shadow was cast across the sky and that blade struck our world beyond the horizon I have been struck with horror at what may have happened to you all. Hopefully you was nowhere near where the blow was struck... we felt tremors here in Pandaria but nothing more.

Though I will not dwell on that topic. The world has not ended and I hear events, even as far away as this, have occured that mean the ultimate defeat of the legion! Good tidings indeed, so much so that all the villages here have been celebrating with ale and fireworks for days, and from my sick bed I was loathe to listen to the revelry every night but unable to join in.

On that matter... I took the regular portal directly from Orgrimmar to Honeybrew village in the jade forest, but no sooner had I gained passage on a wagon to the jade temple, did I fall quite ill. Struck with fever and unable to use my arm, I was lucky that the wagon driver had care enough to see that the Healers of the temple, upon arrival, saw me immediately...

turns out, when that fleshy boar golem struck me, my landing caused a fragment of bone on my upper arm to shoot loose and tangle among a heap of nerves and blood vessels. Thankfully, the healers here are masters, using all kinds of techniques to place me in a painless sleep while they first cut at the back of my shoulder with precision to remove the fragment, then cut from the front to fix the mess it had caused.

All in all, I awoke extremely sore but feeling instantly better. Truelly, the masters in this temple are some of the greatest menders, who don't use magic, to be found. I'm currently somewhat bed bound still, but healing quickly. Another few weeks and I shall begin my studies first hand in the art of Mistweaving, through the crane and serpent styles... Tian monastery and the shrines await, and a whole heck of a lot of meditation and study.

Sorry if I've droned on. I hope to return to you all a few weeks before the sixth moon (mid summer) is upon us. Stay safe, and akashok give you strength.

P.s. I'm bringing a crate of mushan sausages back with me.

--Okiba Halftusk

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 06:29:59 PM by Okiba / Krogon »
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Rhonya

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • True Blood-Former Thur'ruk
    • View Profile
Re: [Letter] Clan!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 10:58:12 AM »
((
I'm bringing a crate of mushan suasages back with me

The only important thing in the entire letter. <3
Nah, Rhon will be happy to hear he's improving! ))
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Okiba

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
  • Warrior Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 06:30:52 PM »
((
I'm bringing a crate of mushan suasages back with me

The only important thing in the entire letter. <3
Nah, Rhon will be happy to hear he's improving! ))

Harr, was it ever not going to be?

I shall 'try' to fling an IC letter here and there every few weeks until my return!

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 07:24:12 PM »
Would be great to hear from Okiba every now and then! :D Gotta return soon to show those other orcs how it's done!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Gashuk

• Path of Cunning
  • Venerable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 07:26:30 PM »
Omnom Sausages. Good to hear from the ol'Monk!
-Gashuk, Son of Garrak-
"When the ashes fall and the green winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives."

Okiba

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
  • Warrior Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 06:13:37 AM »
Omnom Sausages. Good to hear from the ol'Monk!

I may even throw a story out if I find time...  :o

Okiba

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
  • Warrior Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 07:37:45 AM »
The following letter is addressed to Noshmarak Ironclaw by name for purpose of the address, but inside it is obvious it is intended for the whole clan...

...written on clean, crisp parchment and sealed with wax within a thick envelope the letter states...

To my clan,

It will please you all to know that I now more or less have full use of my arm once more! though it still aches here and there, and the scars from its treatment will stay with me, I'm very much on my feet and even resuming my training through steady exercise.

Hopefully this letter finds you before, not after, kosh'harg. If so, may you all have a well deserved rest, and find oneness with the spirits and ancestors during this sacred time. I am deeply envious, and it has been near ten years since I last set eyes upon the mountain of spirits. If this letter does not find you before, well, I'm sure you all had an excellent time between bouts of bashing Ogres!

So far my studies and rehabilitation have been one and the same. A mix of light exercise to rebuild strength in my arm and shoulder, coupled with reading and meditation regarding mistweaving and the use of Chi to heal. Oddly enough, I was impressed by the general, non-magical healing methods of the Pandaren that I've asked to sit in on their medical lessons here at the temple of the jade serpent. I'm learning a lot, and may even ask if I can take part in assisting procedures. I've already gotten hold of many of their surgical and treatment tools, perhaps this will come in hand for the clan in future? You do all have a habit of nearly losing limbs after all.

In the coming weeks I will venture out to tian monastery, and other shrines to further my education in Mistweaving, and the healing arts. Though I think next time I return here a visit to the temple of the white tiger may be in order to pursue that elusive black sash I wish for (it proves not so much mastery, as true competency in the martial arts).

Anyway, I babble on in my writings. Jihaan is watching over my shoulder impatiently for me to resume our board game. Hopefully I will, as planned, see you all once more in the 5th month of this year.

Spirits protect, ancestors guide. Strength and wisdom...

--Okiba Halftusk

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 08:05:34 PM by Okiba / Krogon »

Nosh'marak

• Elder
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 10:34:17 PM »
A copy of the note has been pinned on the notice board.
"Dogs obey and whimper, wolves carve their own path with a roar! Let the Alliance hear your cries for battle! Rrosh'ka Valokh! For the Blood!"

Okiba

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
  • Warrior Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 03:08:56 AM »
The following letter is addressed to the clan Elders and can be read, responded to or read out to other by any of them...

To my Clan,

I hope you have all kept well these past three moons and are somewhere safe, enjoying the change of seasons. I myself am now near fully recovered, My shoulder healed and overall well being restored.

However, I write this to you now with a leg full of porcupine needles. I know, you all ask... "How did the fool manage that?", well, I was stalking a tiger in the jade forest when a spiked fiend accidentally blundered into and crept up on me in the bamboo thicket, charged and stuck my calf full of half a dozen quills. They hurt, and Uncle Jihaan is pulling them out 'carefully' as we speak (though not carefully enough!). Though that was not the end of my hunt. My surprised yelp soon drew out two black wolves and the tiger in question. It can be guessed, all fel broke loose. I have a few claw marks and a bite to the arm but the chaos of the four of us fighting gave me and my spear half a chance... even if Uncle Jihaan had to carry me and my hard won pelts back to the monastery in an exhausted daze.

Otherwise, I am beyond well and in high spirits. My training and studies for which I also came here are now near complete, and should prove a valuable asset to the clan in both battle and mending.

I should be departing here, the jade forest, for Domination point and the ship to Bilgewater harbor on the 22nd day of the fourth month. A few days travelling then a ship journey and I should be with you two weeks from the date stated. I'll be bringing back ample local food, namely a crate of sausages, and some other useful items.

If you could leave instruction in the Wyvern tail inn of the valley of honor, behind the bar with the troll named "Gravy" as to where I may locate you upon my return, I will do my upmost to link up with you all again as fast as I can.

Hopefully you are all well.

Spirits protect and guide, Strength and wisdom!

--Okiba Halftusk.