Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 09:41:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 67
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 54
Total: 54
54 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: The Call.  (Read 2045 times)

Vraxxar

• Elder
  • Proven
    • View Profile
The Call.
« on: November 14, 2017, 09:15:53 PM »
"Fall back! Fall back! Leave the wounded!"

The sergeant is panicking. The demons overwhelmed the soldiers and he went silent, up until it was too late..
"Fall back to the main bulk!"
An easy scouting had turned wrong. The demons had caught the plan and attacked before the small group was ready.

"Hey! Wait up! Hel-..."
The shouting turned into gurgling as the grunt caught a spear through the neck. No one tried to help him, or help anyone. Everyone ran in fear towards the camp.
Behind them they could hear the felhounds chasing them. The felguards running close behind. And feel the heat from the eredars fel magic passing them.
Body after body fell, and trampled by their own brothers in arms.

The demons closed in, the soldiers got tired, and soon they were trapped in a dead-end. And in union, all the eredar flung the spells at once, until the screams died out and the rest left for the hounds.

Every night since, nightmare after nightmare, Vraxxar wakes up in sweat. Haunting memories coming back to him after the sun sets, and moon and stars lights the dark.

At least here among the mountains and snow, he's home and safe.
The sun still on the horizon and coming up when there's footsteps behind him.

"Another nightmare."
The old man said plainly as he approached.

"Yes.. The one about the scouting mission again."

The fire dies out slightly just as the shaman sits down next to Nightholw, who still sleeps next to the fire. Vraxxar puts on more wood, trying to save the fire before it dies completely.

"Don't mind the fire. There's reports of dwarves moving in the area, better be cautious."

"Then why are you here? If the dwarves catches you.."

"They won't catch me, or you." The shaman interuppted.
The old shaman eyed Vraxxar a while before turning his gaze to the fire.

"Why are you here?"

"You know why. We need someone to watch the area here, just like the Stormpikes does. Not that I think anyone will do anything."

"No. Why are you here in Alterac?"

Vraxxar stayed silent a while, pondering his answer.
"I can't go back to the Broken Isles, you know that. Even if I wanted to. And Orgrimmar hasn't felt the same ever since Hellscream. Here is the only place I can be."

The shaman raised his eyes to the other orc, then stood up and looked over the view. Seeing mostly trees, snow and a thin path.
"There is one place that is home for you. I can feel it when you speak about them."

Vraxxar looked the old orc. Time had not been kind to him. White hair, the little he had left. His knee getting worse and worse with the passing winter.
"That place is gone. They're all dead. Why else would the link between me and them not work? Why else have I not heard a call for battle from them when the Legion came?"

The old orc finally turned towards Vraxxar, staring him straight in the eye. Then hands him a folded note.
Vraxxar slowly grabs it, and the shaman slowly walks away in complete silence. A sudden wind flies up, ruffling the leaves on the trees and the loose snow whirls up.
Vraxxar shields his eyes for a moment and then glances towards the shaman a final time.
Nothing. Not even footprints.

"Clever bastard." Vraxxar thought, knowing what he did. In a single strong wind, every footprint had been swept away and the fire completely killed. Even waking up Nighthowl from his heavy sleeping.
He looks back to the note and opens it, reading it quickly. He can't help but the grin slightly, but it dies fast.
He settles down on the ground again, and Nighthowl walks up to him to lie down next to him.
The spirit link was broken, he hadn't heard a thing about the others in a long time.
And now this. A call.
Out of nowhere there are signs from the tribe.
Vraxxar quickly packs up, and without a warning to the village, he leaves.

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
Re: The Call.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 11:53:28 PM »
Yay! Glad you managed to figure something out for Vraxxar. He's got a looong way to go! But hopefully he'll make it in time for the party with the others! :D Nice, little tale! And also troubling. More PTSD orcs!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Vraxxar

• Elder
  • Proven
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 07:42:51 PM »
The call:
The night of an attack.

The night is quiet again. For me at least, as fast as the commotion came.
But.. what happened?

Vraxxar looks down from the cliff, looking over the camp and the orcs still walking about.
Returned to the overlooking spot he and Tagrok were earlier, before it started.

What happened? We had guards everywhere. Scouts covering the area outside the camp. The sisters hadn't seen anything from above.. So how did they come in? Why? Did they send the letters?

Ugh, more questions than before. And no answers..
How come this is a common thing in the tribe?

Vraxxar rubs his eyes, looks up and sees the stars and the moon.
Thinking of all the times I looked at the moon in Alterac and thought about the tribe.

And now I'm here, with the tribe. I know five faces, maybe six. For now I hope. Where's the rest? And all these new ones...
So many new orcs, sudden desperate letter and now an attack on us all.
Who among us is the traitor? Traitors?

He groans to himself.

Times goes by and the sun rises over the hills. The blood now dry on the ground. Vraxxar grabs his bow and starts moving down to the camp, mainly the water. Once he reaches it he dips his hands into it and splashes some water onto his face.
A low growl and he looks up, peering around.

I know who I can trust, first of all I'll protect them. And I need to know what the prisoners knows. Better get started, I can sleep next night.

He stands up and check his armor one last time before moving to find Bloodpaw.

Vraxxar

• Elder
  • Proven
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 07:43:45 PM »
Roight! I would like some critique on the stories, since I want to become better! :p
Thanks for reading!