Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 05:21:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 30
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 8
Total: 8
8 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Visions  (Read 1175 times)

Trakmar

• Elder
  • Proven
    • View Profile
Visions
« on: November 12, 2017, 05:22:44 PM »
"Spirits are complicated, as they have always been. Since the days of the first Shaman, Orcs have known this best as none upon the homeworld could had the connection with them that we do. Though we revere them, always be careful for they are mischievous as often as they are helping."

It had been months since Trakmar had heard from any of the tribe. Ever since the members dwindled and the spirit link as mysteriously broken, he like the others had faded to his own path. He himself had spent his time serving the wild spirits, sacrificing, honoring them. The Legion put the world in turmoil, and so it was only natural such work was needed. At times, even the spirit of earth had answered to his sacrifices though only in faint whispers, something he had not experienced since his youth on the homeworld.

Back on Kalimdor, the wilds of which he now strangely called home he had largely remained. Winterspring had become a welcome refuge for the old orc, especially since it seemed more or less untouched by the Legion save for the odd demon. He had considered remaining here, retire as it were and focus on raising his daughter.

"Rokarna... Been months since I last saw her. At least she is safe on the homeworld."
A comforting thought. Though with the Legion invading he had not dared bring her back to Azeroth in case the world would see a similar fate to Draenor.

Trakmar sat by the fire outside his den, eating a stag he and Kyrazha had hunted. He had tried to make her join his rites and rituals, albeit with varying success, and some difficulty in the beginning. The effect of being raised by another race still sat to some degree, though he had done what he could in order to make her a more traditional orc which had worked to some success.

He looked around in their small camp, thinking. Everything appeared normal. He and his mate enjoyed the result of their hunt, as well as their companions. Lian  and Ka’rogh resting in their den and J’ror resting by the two orcs near the fire. He set his eyes on the fire again, thinking until Kyrazha broke the silence.

“Thinkin’ about them visions again, Trakmar?”  She asked, while looking at him.

Trakmar suddenly snapped out of his thoughts, looking to Kyrazha and nodding.
“It’s been months since we last saw the Tribe. The link mysteriously broke, along with the connection to the old clan’s ancestors.  What the wolf first showed me in the visions was mountains and vague figures. But now they be more clear - The Chieftain, Rhonya, Kargnar and others residing in red mountains. And a  wolf howling in pain. All I know, it shows old tribesorcs, and Stonetalon. Though  I cannot make sense of anything else.”

The old orc grunted, bothered by the visions vagueness, despite being perfectly familiar with how visions tend to be like that. After a pause he spoke again; “We should go there. Though I can’t get rid of the feeling that bad things will happen.
He looked back to the fire in contemplation, then to Kyrazha again as she placed her hand on his shoulder.
“Then we go. Of what use be we here in these mountains anyway? Demons invade this world and we do… What exactly? We go south. Maybe meet with Steelheart. Then you two can talk about the vagueness of spirits together instead of boring me with it!”

A snappy tongue on her as always, Trakmar thought. He grunted at what he found to be somewhat insulting to the spirits granting the visions, but nodded in agreement anyway. She was right. If Rhonya was still in the Barrens and alive, it wouldn’t be unreasonable to assume she’d have visions as well. Perhaps some answers too. As he spoke, he pushed himself to his feet and took his poleaxe, then looked down at Kyrazha.
“Then we had best move. Days don’t last long here this time of the year, and we be having some distance to cover.”

With her usual smirk, Kyrazha pushed herself to her feet as well, grabbing her bow and the few other belonging they had, followed shortly by Lian and the two worgs.

They put out the fire, then started wandering...

"We do not kill - We Hunt
We do not enslave - We tame
There is no good and evil - Only instinct"

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
Re: Visions
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 05:56:42 PM »
Good stuff! Nice to see a glimpse of what other orcses have been up to in all this time, and to see them slowly coming back together as a result! Would have been a shame if all of this couldn't have come full circle eventually. :) Nicely written intro for more to come!

... Also, your avatar is borked!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Okiba

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
  • Warrior Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Visions
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 06:06:52 PM »
Yay stories!
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."