Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 10:57:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 59
Total: 59
59 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Application: Immika  (Read 1758 times)

Sakinra/Akanra

• Red Blade
  • Prowler
    • View Profile
Application: Immika
« on: May 12, 2016, 01:22:07 AM »
Name:Immika
Class:Shaman
Level:25?-26? "In Progress" Is probably most accurate.

Tell us something about your (role)playing experience:

I've been RPing on and off since Wrath Era. Started Horde, but mostly been Alliance (Sorry :-[ ). Been away for about 2-3 months and just could not find the love for it, decided to come back and try a fresh character, Horde side, as the thought of going back to Game of Thrones - Stormwind - made me want to abandon the game all together.

And finally, please write a short story and/or IC introduction about your character:

Immika walked along the road. The dust shifted in the evening air whilst the final drabs of sunlight painted the world in orange hues. Her gait swayed oddly, every other step a short, half hop, the foot turned inwards and brushing lightly through the dust, kicked it up until it stained the bottom of her well worn robes, a warm, fiery ochre.

Orgrimmar's great bulk and the blockade stood but a mile away, Clinging to its crevices between the mountains, the city squatted, like a spike collared beast in a cave. She stopped and leaned against the wall of the canyon, lifting her gaze upwards and peered at the sliver of sky that could be seen between the overhangs. In the distance the Harpies cries could be heard. Squawking and calling from one nest to another.

Immika smiled to herself, she had been foolhardy to insist she could make the journey before nightfall. To dissuade all offers of worgs to bear her weight. The scent of the sea carried inland on the evening breeze and mixed with the dry dusty air. Closing her eyes, she allowed her mind to wander.

--------------------------------------------------

She barely remembered the internment camps. She couldnt have been more than four or five summers when they were freed. They had travelled by the night, the younglings picked up and carried when they grew so sleepy their feet stumbled beneath them.

The sea air. She remembered the tang of it, the taste of it, filling her nose and her mouth as she was carried in the arms of an elder, her eyes flickering open in the pre-dawn light, not remembering being picked up.

"Throm'ka little one. Rest your eyes, it will be a while yet."

She did as she was told, curling her face against the neck of the male orc as he carried her, the sway of each step lulling her to sleep. It was the sound of the waves and the ships that woke her, and when it did, the dawn had risen and Immika stared. Having had every drop of water from the wells of the camp rationed, she could not believe there had been this much water in the whole world.

The evening had cooled. Opening her eyes she found herself stood in the blackness of the canyon. The firey torches and braizers of the Dranosh'ar Blockade danced in the distance.

As a child she had run the road from the City to Razor Hill most days. Tearing out of the gates and on to Far-Watch Post with messages, out to the farms with deliveries in exchange for a meal or a place by the fire. Oh the games, she was the fastest of her peers, she relished the races.

Thokran, the Orc who had carried her from the camps to the boats, saw her from time to time. He once sat her down and asked what she wanted to do when she grew up. Immika had thought long and hard, and answered "Run". The old Orc had laughed and laughed.

"Perhaps you have more sense than those who stand hm? You shall have to seek out the honour in running. Come back one day and tell me one day where your running takes you."

Immika looked down at the twisted foot, half bent beneath itself and shook her head. A wry smile forming on her lips.

Pushing herself away from her rest, she continued her slow trudge towards the city.

She paused and turned to look at the humbly marked urn, set back from the road, near a ring of stones. There had been so many added in the wake of the rebellion against Garrosh. She did not need to look hard, she had known his name was among those fallen. Perhaps that was why it had taken so long for her to come back.

The question hung in her mind, seemingly murmured softly on the breeze around her.

"Where has your running brought you?"

"Home."

« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 02:23:10 AM by Immika »
We're going to have a Grown up Party! It's just like a kids party, but with more crying....

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
Re: Application: Immika
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 04:45:54 PM »
Hello there Immika, and welcome to the green side of life! Thank you for choosing Red Blade Airlines - we hope you enjoy your stay!

Formalities aside, I think it's safe to say that you've written down a very intriguing and well-written application here! You certainly seem to have a knack for writing good stories, which is always very much a plus! In the end, of course, it's the RP in-game that matters, but I have little doubt that you'll be able to get along just fine with the rest of our orcs by the looks of things. So, having said that, feel free to poke any of our in-game contacts to arrange for an IC interview at your own convenience! Good luck, and see you in-game!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Grogok

Re: Application: Immika
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 10:22:47 PM »
Interviewed and accepted by me.