Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 12:26:27 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 85
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 71
Total: 71
71 Guests, 0 Users

Kosh'harg Festival: 20-27/9

Started by Sadok, August 24, 2015, 08:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadok

Orcs of the Red Blade have hosted Kosh’harg twice a year uninterrupted since September 2007 â€" this will be our seventeenth Festival, and our first on Argent Dawn.

I’ve done thorough research about past AD Kosh’hargs, and it seems as though they were ad-hoc initiatives by different individuals with varying degrees of success. Assuming that nobody else has planned their own festivities yet, we’re hoping to offer a full week of RP to the whole Horde community, with a selection of à la carte events and casual RP.

If you would like to help out with one of the events or add your own activities to the Festival, please let us know â€" we love to collaborate with people, and we want this week to be as successful as possible. We’d particularly like to hear from people wanting to run stalls at the Garadar Market on Saturday 26th September.

When is it?: The Festival kicks off Sunday 20th September, with an event every night for a week, concluding with the Kosh’harg Celebration on Sunday 27th September. RP usually picks up from the early evening until the wee hours of the morning.

Where is it?: Garadar, Nagrand â€" the final Celebration will be held in the shadow of Oshu’gun, as is customary.

What is it?: In times of old upon Draenor, the orcish clans would forsake their grudges and grievances and gather around the spring and autumn equinoxes to feast, tell tales and honor the ancestors. With Outland’s rediscovery some years ago, orcs eager to reclaim their traditions have continued to hold the Festival â€" now expanded to all peoples of the Horde.

During the Festival, Nagrand is considered sacred ground, and so it is a grave dishonor to commit violence or pursue vendettas against others in attendance. Sparring and honor-duels in a competitive, respectful fashion are of course permitted, and tournaments are not uncommon during the festivities.

Who may attend?: Any Horde-affiliated peoples or neutral parties willing to respect the Kosh’harg’s rules are welcome to attend. Alliance-aligned individuals are recommended not to attend, but the brave, respectful and curious may be tolerated.

Why Outland's Nagrand, not Draenor? With some stranded upon the alternate Draenor during the last festival, they are eager to honor the ancestors upon the original Draenor’s remains once more, where the other past festivals have been held. Despite the problematic status of the Dark Portal, skilled portal magi from major Horde cities are still able to open portals to Shattrath City.

((OOC: We held Kosh’harg on Draenor last time, and it proved more problematic than anything â€" higher level mobs everywhere, phasing issues and a lack of a good central camp. Returning to Outland enables use of Garadar, opens the event up to lower-level characters, and avoids a lot of those awkward phasing headaches.))

Event Calendar [subject to change]:

SUN 20/9 - Opening Ceremony
An introduction to the Kosh’harg, followed by feasting and chatter around the Garadar campfires.

MON 21/9 - Brawl For All Tournament
A bare-knuckle fighting series with minimal armor. Those gathered compete to demonstrate their strength, agility and tenacity. ((No-frills roll-dueling.))

TUE 22/9 - Challenge of the Wyvern
Teams use their cunning and wits, traversing the lengths of Nagrand to solve riddles and win fabulous prizes.

WED 23/9 - Storytelling Night
Everyone is welcome to tell stories around the Garadar campfires, or simply listen in.

THU 24/9 - Tournament of Honor [PvP]
Equip your finest armor and weapons as the gladiators of the Horde do battle in a bid to become Champion of Kosh’harg. ((RP-PvP tournament with minimal restrictions, full rules posted soon.))

FRI 25/9 - The Lucid Tale
With the influence of ancient shamanistic magics and hallucinogenic substances, old campfire stories come alive â€" dangerously so! ((IC raid-run of a selected TBC/WotLK/Cata raid, to be announced.))

SAT 26/9 - Garadar Market
Traders and merchants peddle their wares across Garadar, with a range of luxurious souvenirs and stranger goods guaranteed.

SUN 27/9 - Kosh’harg Celebration
The climax of the Festival â€" the ancestors are honored in the shadows of Oshu’gun. Additional activities include feasting, brawling, storytelling and the infamous drunken backwards-race.

And finally…

We’re keen to get as many individuals and guilds from the Horde community involved as possible, to make Garadar an RP hotbed for a full week. If this sounds like the kind of thing you or your guild might be interested in, please post in this thread to indicate your interest.

If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to message an Orcs of the Red Blade officer: Kozgugore, Therak, Rhonya, Srelok, Gridish, Kargnar or Sadok.

Rashka

~ Sign me up for the market. Rashka got lots of stuff she can sell. Wooden carvings, bone carvings, maybe even customized dagger/sword hilts etc.
Rashka Facebreaker - Battlesworn of the Nag'Ogar

Sadok

Quote from: Rashka on August 24, 2015, 08:54:49 PM
~ Sign me up for the market. Rashka got lots of stuff she can sell. Wooden carvings, bone carvings, maybe even customized dagger/sword hilts etc.

Great stuff! Already had interest from four different guilds in 30 mins, so assuming momentum is kept up, this should be the largest Kosh'harg -ever-.

Rashka

Quote from: Sadok on August 24, 2015, 09:02:34 PM
Quote from: Rashka on August 24, 2015, 08:54:49 PM

Great stuff! Already had interest from four different guilds in 30 mins, so assuming momentum is kept up, this should be the largest Kosh'harg -ever-.

*thumbs up* Also nice intiative with the new event things.

Umaua

I could also host a challenge stall.

Its a drink wheel, basically a wheel with different barrels on it. You spin it and see what comes. It having variety of different drinks of tastes and such.
And they call me insane? I am the most sane person around!

Sadok

Quote from: Umaua on August 24, 2015, 10:13:31 PM
I could also host a challenge stall.

Its a drink wheel, basically a wheel with different barrels on it. You spin it and see what comes. It having variety of different drinks of tastes and such.

Sounds good! Keep those ideas in mind as the Market draws closer, since I won't start keeping lists until we're a bit closer to the time.

Lars

*has the image of 100 participants moving backwards in non-straight lines*
Muzjhath got Iced by Sadok, after Marogg got Stabbed.

-The orc formerly known as Muzjhath formerly known as Marogg

Rashka

Okiba

Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Sadok

At the moment, I can confirm there is interest from around two-dozen separate Horde guilds on Argent Dawn, plus some on Earthen Ring, along with Shatterskull Marauders, Blood Wolf Clan and Venomspine Pariahs on Defias Brotherhood. So suffice to say, it's going to be a busy week with a huge amount of RP.

There'll be more information closer to the date of the Festival about how individual OotRB members can be courteous Kosh'harg hosts, since suffice to say, this is a big deal for the guild, particularly as we celebrate our tenth anniversary.

Okiba

Quote from: Sadok on September 03, 2015, 11:29:59 PM
At the moment, I can confirm there is interest from around two-dozen separate Horde guilds on Argent Dawn, plus some on Earthen Ring, along with Shatterskull Marauders, Blood Wolf Clan and Venomspine Pariahs on Defias Brotherhood. So suffice to say, it's going to be a busy week with a huge amount of RP.

There'll be more information closer to the date of the Festival about how individual OotRB members can be courteous Kosh'harg hosts, since suffice to say, this is a big deal for the guild, particularly as we celebrate our tenth anniversary.

Considering the actions of officers prior to our departure of two of those guilds on DB, I'm shocked you didn't fire a "lol no" at them.

But eh, looks nice. 20 guilds? yikes, fire me up some screenies on here when its over.

Sadok

Quote from: Krogon on September 03, 2015, 11:54:19 PM
Considering the actions of officers prior to our departure of two of those guilds on DB, I'm shocked you didn't fire a "lol no" at them.

We were the ones that reached out to them actually, as a gesture of goodwill. Marauders and Venomspine had essentially nothing in the way of inappropriate remarks towards us, and I have no personal issue with any of the BWC officer team either. Because they'll coming over thanks to cross-realm invitations, if anyone has come with the sole intent of causing problems, they will be removed from the remainder of the Festival -- something I've made clear myself.

I'm over the idea of server warfare, and if Kosh'harg is an opportunity for some of our members to meet old DB friends, while giving those guilds a chance to see the best of Argent Dawn, I'll consider it worth our while in the grand scheme of things.

Okiba

Wornag (Kronnor)

Cannot wait for the pvp tournament  8) I'm returning to wow next week, so I'll have enough time to finish my pvp gear. This feels like the OoTRB tourney all over again.. except now I have to grind CP instead of HP. Well hope I actually win this time  ;D

Gridish

((Also find-able on the AD realm post!))

IC information:
* Parchments affixed to notice-boards in the Horde capitals, and across Steamwheedle outposts such as Booty Bay and Ratchet. *
"Mok'ra members of the Horde. During the upcoming Kosh'harg week, the Red Blades tribe will be hosting the second Tournament of Honor. For those unfamiliar with the Tournament of Honor, it’s a Tournament that every member of the Horde is allowed to participate in. It is a one versus one Tournament. If you are interested in participating or simply watch the tournament as a viewer, then join us in Garadar, Nagrand on the 24th of this month. If you are interested in participating, signing up for the tournament starts at 19:30 on the 24th in Garadar, Nagrand.
Strength and Honor.
•   Gridish Rimeweaver, Rrosh’tul of the Red Blade tribe.
”
OOC Information:
As an event in the Kosh’harg week, Orcs of the Red Blades will be hosting the second Tournament of Honor! The tournament is a 1 versus 1 PVP tournament. If you are interested in participating, sign-up is from 19:30 until 20:30 Realm time. After 20:30 the brackets will be locked and you will not be able to sign up, nor participate in the tournament, so make sure you’re on time! If you are not interested in participating, but are interested in watching the tournament, then you are always welcome to join us as well and rp your merry way around the tournament grounds! The tournament will be on the 24th of September. Signup starts at 19:30 realm time and will close at 20:30 realm time. I hope we can make the second tournament of honor as successful as it’s predecessor, if not better! Every participant is expected to know the rules before the tournament starts, so make sure you read through them carefully. You can find the tournament rules further down this post.
Date of Tournament: 24/09/2015
Time of Sign-up for the tournament: 19:30 - 20:30 realm time
Time of tournament: 20:30 realm time.
Type of event: PVP 1 versus 1 tournament

Rules of the Tournament of Honor:

- Arena rules. If you can’t use it in the Arena (flasks, engineering items, Bloodlust/Time Warp, Army of the Dead, Lay on Hands, etc), you can’t use it here.
- Stay within the designated dueling field.
- stealth only allowed up to 30 seconds.
- No healing OR tank spec. *
- One bandage per player.
- No health potions or any other items that heal the participant ( Exception: One bandage a player.)
- Toys are not to be used during the duels.
- No outsider buffs.
- [Super Sticky Glitter Bomb] and [Sinister Spore] are not allowed.
- talents and Glyphs aren't to be changed during the tournament. Your selected Glyph and Talent set will be locked in during the signup of your character. You will be asked if you are certain of your talent/glyph set before it is officially locked in. ( To ensure that the sign-up process goes as fast as possible, please make sure you are happy with the talent/glyph set that you have before you commence sign-up.)
- The talent “Blood Presence” for Death Knights is not allowed.*

* If you try signing up with specializations, talents or glyphs that are prohibited, you’ll be asked to change those to compliment the rules of the tournament. If you do not change them you will not be allowed to sign up for the tournament and there for not participate in the tournament.

All rules listed above are final for the Tournament of Honor. Anyone that isn't happy with the rules are welcome to sit out the tournament.
Any participant that breaks the rules that are listed above will be disqualified at the discretion of the event coordinator and all decisions are final.

Tournament brackets will once again be provided by Challonge.
If you have any questions, suggestions or simply want to wish me a great day, leave them in this thread or whisper me in-game! My characters are Gridish and Yagak. I hope to see as many of you at the tournament as possible.

Strength and honor!   
Gridish Rimeweaver