Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 12:44:03 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 138
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 123
Total: 123
123 Guests, 0 Users

Personality types: Your character vs you

Started by Sinami, May 06, 2015, 10:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinami

One of the things that have caught my interest recently is this thing about personality types. What personality type am I, what defines that type, what are the characteristics and so on. I did a test a little while ago to find out my own personality type and then I got to thinking... what if I took the same test, but answered as well as I could for Sinami instead? What would the results be? How different am I from her? Or are we pretty similiar?

It turns out we both have the same basic personality type, the INFJ (introversion, intuition, feeling, judging), but I am of the "turbulent" variant and she is of the "assertive" variant.

So then I got this idea that it would be fun to see what personality types everyone else's characters belonged to. The test is here: http://www.16personalities.com/ and you can take the test once as your character and post the results here... or you could do the test twice, once as yourself and once as your charcter just to compare. You don't have to share your own result in here if you don't want to, but I think it could be interesting to see.

To make it a little bit easier for people to understand the different "extremes" I'm going to write a short explanation for each below:

Extraverted: prefer group activities, think while speaking, get energized by social interaction
Introverted: prefer solitary activities, think before speaking, get exhausted by social interaction
Intuitive: imaginative, absorbed in ideas, rely on their intuition, focus on what might happen
Observant: down-to-earth, absorbed in practical matters, rely on their senses, focus on what has happened
Thinking: tough, follow their minds, focus on objectivity and rationality
Feeling: sensitive, follow their hearts, focus on harmony and cooperation
Judging: decisive, prefer clear rules and guidelines, see deadlines as sacred, seek closure
Prospecting: relaxed about their work, very good at improvising, prefer keeping their options open, seek freedom
Assertive: emotionally stable, calm, relaxed, refuse to worry too much
Turbulent: perfectionists, self-concious, success-driven, care about their image

My own results were:

Me: INFJ-T "The Advocate" Introverted: 46%, Intuitive: 29%, Feeling: 15%, Judging: 89%, Turbulent: 16%
Sinami: INFJ-A "The Advocate" Introverted: 30%, Intuitive: 13%, Feeling: 60%, Judging: 48%, Assertive: 18%
Lomenár: ISFJ-T "The Defender" Introverted: 51%, Observant 34%, Feeling 31%, Judging 76%, Turbulent 9%

So check out the test and share and discuss your own results below! How close are you and your character personality-wise?
Sinami Swifthowl
- Huntress of the Redblade Clan - Mate of Kozgugore Feraleye - Devotee of Akala and Kavara -

Kozgugore

Nifty little idea! Though I already knew Koz and I were a little similar in nature, it can primarily be fun to see where the differences deep down lie as well. So without further ado:

Mine: Introverted: 63%, Intuitive: 9%, Feeling: 23%, Prospecting: 16%, Assertive: 10%.
Koz: Introverted: 49%, Intuitive: 14%, Feeling: 14%, Prospecting: 29%, Assertive: 42%.
(INFP-A - Mediator on both)

Both of the same personality type, unsurprisingly. Though the difference is that Koz is slightly less introverted and more assertive, and acts less on his feelings and a little more on logic (though still does follow his heart more than logic in the end, just less so than me). I've found that most of the questions where we differed focused on public interaction though, which is where Koz differs because he simply -has- to be more open-minded and more assertive due to his position as Chieftain and what's expected of him. So safe to say we're quite a bit alike, though it's mostly due to circumstances (and probably a healthy dose of orcish stubbornness) that he differs from me.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Sadok

Sadok: The Debater (ENTP-T), Extroverted: 88%, Intuitive: 81%, Thinking: 48%, Prospecting: 83%, Turbulent: 20%.

Me: The Advocate (INFJ-T), Introverted: 48%, Intuitive: 6%, Feeling: 19%, Turbulent: 44%.

So quite different, actually. Sadok's significantly more outgoing and instinctual, but he's also more theoretical.

Therak

This will be interesting...
Personally, I'm MEDIATOR (INFP-A) Introverted 40% intuitive 18% thinking 40% prospecting 11% and assertive 17%

Therak is LOGISTICIAN (ISTJ-A) Intoverted 29% observant 38% thinking 12% judging 45% and assertive 9%

Some rather major differences between us. We're both introvert and assertive. But the numbers differ. Glad I didn't make him too much like myself, not always easy to avoid.
Think, assess, act.

Srelok

Me: Mediator (INFP-T) 74% introverted, 53% intuitive, 16% feeling, 61% prospecting, 24%turbulent.

Srelok: Adventurer (ISFP-T) 29% introverted, 15% observant, 86% feeling, 9% prospecting, 9% turbulent.

"If you could pour pain into a mold of an orc and then cut off its foot to piss it off, you’d get Srelok." Gulrok Ragehowl

Rhonya

Me: Mediator (INFP-T):  Introverted 15%, Intuitive, 19%, Feeling 52%, Prospecting 16%, Turbulent, 63%.

Rhonya: Mediator (INFP-T): Introverted 40%, Intuitive 33%, Feeling 85%, Prospecting 9%, Turbulent 85%

Same type, but still quite some differences!
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Revax

Me: The Mediator (INFP-A)
Introverted 42%, Intuitive 13%, Feeling 30%, Prospecting 26%, Assertive 22%

Hellbrew: The Debater (ENTP-A)
Extraverted 73%, Intuitive 83%, Feeling 3%, Prospecting 66%, Assertive 51%

I can see that :D

Vezara

Me: The Advocate (INFJ-T) Introverted 65%, Intuitive 30%, Feeling 20%, Judging 39%, Turbulent 57%

Vezara: Campaigner (ENFP-A) Extraverted 17%, Intuitive 21%, Feeling 35%, Prospecting 39%, Assertive 10%

Huh.. when I first made Vez, I based her personality on my own, so I kinda assumed there would be more similarities.. but she has changed quite a bit since I first made her, I guess. xD
Vezara Wolfheart - Shaman of the Frostwolf Clan.

Umaua

I am...suprised how different they actually are.

Me : ARCHITECT (INTJ-T) Introverted 33%, Intuitive 43%, Thinking 13%, Judging 8, Turbulent 27%

Umaua : ENTREPRENEUR (ESTP-A) Extraverted 81%, Observant 11%, Thinking 23%, Prospecting 49%, Assertive 68%

And I kinda started to giggle at this at entrepreneur : There are no rules.
And found this very descriptive of my own attitude on Architect "You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
And they call me insane? I am the most sane person around!

Bamm

Have been meaning to do this all week, looked a lot of fun.

Me: Adventurer (ISFP-A) Introverted 74%, Observant 17% Feeling 12%  Judging 8% Assertive 47%

Arkail: Advocate (INFJ-A) Introverted 88% Intuitive 71%  Feeling 3% Prospecting 8% Assertive 32%

Really interesting. I felt mine is almost scary accurate, while arkail's is somewhat accurate :o