Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:01:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 117
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 29
Total: 29
29 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Cult of the Wolf  (Read 2015 times)

Sadok

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • True Bald
    • View Profile
Cult of the Wolf
« on: April 29, 2015, 01:25:21 AM »
The Cult of the Wolf was a famed legacy of Clan Redblade. Founded by the Shaman-King Mruthgor, it was a closed circle of Thur'ruk and Varog'Gor whose sole purpose was to carry the Clan onto the path of shamanism and nature worship.

Origins:

Mruthgor was the founder of the legendary Cult of the Wolf. Little is known of the origins of how Mruthgor came to found this circle of shaman, but the most commonly told story is that, after a long period of searching and meditating, he had found the spirit of the first revered Wolfking. With the Wolfking's help, he created the Cult in order to make sure that the clan will continue walking the path of the spirits and the wilds, true to the wolves that had once terrorised and, eventually, allied the clan.

Practises:

Although the exact practises of the members of the Cult were a long-kept secret, it's rumoured that one of these practises involved sacrificing to the spirit of the Wolfking, and that they called on the Wolfking to grant them strength in battle and to steal away the hearts of their enemies. Some of the orcs gained a reputation as berserkers, fierce fighters and ravagers. Some said that they would enter a trance before battle and that the spirit of the wolf would take over their bodies, transforming them into half-orc, half-beast warriors. These became known as the Wolf Claws, the Varog'Gor in the language of the Red Blades.

The Varog'Gor weren't the only addition to the Cult, however. In the centre of the circle, there were the Thur-Ruk Oracles, who carried out mysterious rituals and served as the Clan's elder shaman.

All record of the Cult of the Wolf appears to have vanished when Clan Redblade ceased to be.

The Bowl:

The following parchment survives in the Annals, written by then High Blade Thur'ruk Mazguul Sharpeye:

"Orcs of the Tribe!

Recently a bowl has come into my possession, brought to me by Varog'gor Greggar Ironfoot. I know for truth that this bowl is from the orginal Red Blade Clan and with the correct 'key' it can bring us much knowledge of time past. This key eludes me.

Upon the bowl is an inscription which reads: Fire Ice Lightning Life . Blood Oshu'gun Wilds Lore . Ancestors Nagrand Draenor . Storm Peak Inferno Rain Ice Thunder . Spirit Peak Earth Air Kalimarg Stone . Oshu'gun Fire .  Tempest Hunt Element .  Water Oshu'gun Life Flame . Cloud Union Lightning Tornado .

If any orc an tell me what this means then I and the rest of the Tribe would truely be in your debt.

High Blade Mazguul Sharpeye"

Attached to the parchment is another, a reply:

"Great Thur’ruk Mazguul Sharpeye,

After an embarrassingly long period of reflection, I finally saw what was the intention of a writer. Even thou words defining elements, Holy Mountain, language of elements and others are definitely powerful ones, the proper text of the inscription can be noticed by looking at first letters only. Therefore it reads:

FILL BOWL AND SPIRIT SPEAKS OF THE WOLF CULT

The question has to appear in mind: have you ever filled it? Its effects could be interesting, especially that this sentence is too general to state anything in particular about the history. During my journeys through our ancestors’ homeland I had the honour to encounter the Spirit Wolf... Could the bowl be a way to contact with it? I would be honoured if You could write to me back, or tell me if we met, about further insight into the bowl’s matter.

Ready to serve,

Gordahar

P.S.: Actually, my first idea was that the text tells about a belief, now forgotten. It stated that in the times our ancestors lived in Draenor, the elements were untamed, chaotic and destructive. The Spirits on the peak of Holy Mountain talked with them in Kalimag, the language understood by the nature’s forces. They were trying to peacefully calm the raging elements down. Nevertheless, it did not work and the Oshu’gun was in fire – either literally or metaphorically. The spirits therefore used their own power, or maybe power through shamans, and hunted elements, taming their rage and extinguishing fire. The clouds were then formed, as mixtures of elements but in ordered state...
Almost all words fit the story!
Still, it is probably untruth. But, well...
Who might really know that?"