Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 02:09:35 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 35
Total: 35
35 Guests, 0 Users

Application: Abgaal

Started by Abgaal, August 04, 2014, 09:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abgaal

Name: Abgaal
Class: Hunter
Level: 88

I have been a roleplayer since I was about 12 (pushing 35 now), and have played a fair share of RPG since, mainly focused on D&D, VtM, Rolemaster (memory lane for some of you I bet), Shadowrun and many others. I have also been doing a lot of fantasy LARP when I was younger, as well as VtM LARP. Roleplaying has been a big part of my life, and will be until I drop dead.

I have always had a soft spot for Orcs in WC, ever since I played WC1 when it was released. Blizzard's take on Orcs are just spot on. I love them, and most of my time in WOW over the years has been spent on an Orc Shaman (started on Warsong, then moved to Neptulon). I have been away for a few years, and am now hoping to get back into a nice RP-guild such as your's.

As far as the gaming goes, I will be on pretty often, with the reservation of me having to handle the kids now and then. I guess I'd be called a casual gamer, with active streaks.

If you will have me, I will be playing a semi-depressed hunter, who has been in the wilds for too long. The story goes (let me know if you want me to change anything lore-wise):

The ancient tattered banner snapped in the cold wind, as the gravel it was planted in crunched under  weary old feet. The old orc stopped and looked up towards the ever-shifting skies of Draenor, absently patting his old wolf behind the ear. Garm, as the wolf was named, had been his only companion through the long and lonely years on Draenor. Named after the last leader of his clan, the Thunderlord Clan, Garm was a memory of times past. When his clan, renown for it's wolf rider Raiders, was at it's peak, before the rise of the hated Nerzul.

Now, Abgaal was all that was left of the Thunderlords, as far as he knew. The survivors of Nerzul's treason had drank demon blood and had become Fel Orcs. He had been young when members of the Blackrock Clan had taken him and hid him from the extermination of the Thunderlords. Why? He never knew, but it was said that the Blackrock Clan had a strong friendship with the Thunderlords. He had been living of the land ever since, high among the peaks of the Blade's Edge Mountains, scraping a meager existence from whatever wild life his arrows found. Survival was tough, but the looming shame of uselessness was greater.

Most of his life had been spent in the mountains, hunting animals. But Abgaal had still remembered the old days, the days of his youth, when he rode across the plains with his brothers and sisters, raiding and killing, spreading the fear of the Wolf and drinking the blood of enemies. The old orc had all but settled with the thought of a lonely silent death in the arid peaks, when the Dark Portal was re-opened. War came anew, and with it came various warring factions. Abgaal cautiously stalked the newcomers, in order to try to sift out their intentions as well as capacity, for many moons.

The Alliance, as they were called, reminded him of the weak humans he had seen dragged through the portal during the First War, now coupled with puny elves and dwarf-gnomes, or whatever the knee-high runts were called. Politicians, sweet-talkers and soft-skinned. The Horde on the other side, seemed to be led by his kind, the orcs. There he had found familiarity.

Abgaal had seen his chance, and sought out his kine who had taken up residence in his clan's old home in the mountains. These orcs were different, belonging to the new Horde, under Thrall and then Garrosh. He was pressed hard into service, as his knowledge of the mountains was vast. After a few years of service at Thunderlord stronghold, Abgaal was freed of his bonds, and he set out to find a proper clan, a clan with which he could roam further, and earn a honorable death. Such a death would await him in Azeroth, past the Dark Portal. There he would find a clan to join, a clan who would accept him and let him bleed by their side.

He snapped out of his remembrance, as the old Thunderlord banner slowly fell to the ground and lay still on the ground. Symbolic, he mused, as he stepped through the Dark Portal, into a world he had never seen before.

Blood and Thunder!

Rargnasha

Fantastic application and a very enjoyable read.
In the Red Blades, we're not forceful about activity, so I only got one point to make on that topic. If we're in the middle of an event and it's not an emergency, just give us a quick "Brb" so we know why your character is suddenly standing still!

Other than that, I can only say that I whole-heartedly approve of this application. So poke some hapless orc and get pointed to an officer, then come on down to the Crossroads where we're having camp these days for your IC interview!
Appendix means... What?!