Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 10:10:56 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 133
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 117
Total: 117
117 Guests, 0 Users

Character Sheets

Started by Nograx, April 22, 2014, 02:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nograx

Mok`ra Tribe!

In the wake off the dice based events with our beloved Kozgugore something came to my attention.

Fortuna is a bitch.

So. How do you deal with a bitch? Just walk away from her as some would say. Just leave the dice in the corner and never give him a look again.

I find that kind off boring, since the dice adds an element of suprise and uncertainty. Having experience with the table tops such as Warhammer 40k and Fantasy Battles, I took a look at my old rulebooks. And I got this marvelous Idea.

Why not use character sheets for dice based events? So instead of leaving the bitch fortuna. We slap her in the face with lovely roll modifyers.

Naturally the system cant be to complex. I was thinking more on the lines of a simple set of stats for our orcs, that would give certain bonuses when fighting.

I took some freedom and made such a character sheet prototype so you can get the general Idea.

I was thinking about Perks aswell. Such as Scarred which would give you more HP, but havent really delved into it.

This is obviously a topic that can and has to be discussed, if people are interested.

Blood in the soil, makes for more toil! Tell the bloody earth, a new Horde to give birth! -General Nazgrim

I am Dragonmaw, I am the blood of the Dragon and the fist of the Horde! - Lieutenant Krugruk

Rhonya

We've discussed some of these things before, aye. The problem with such things is that it takes away the freedom, imo, of an event and improvisation with certain situations. Some rolls give an unexpected edge to things, yes. But I've always been of opinion you yourself know your character best, if he would avoid some attacks, hit some, or is able to take some more hits than others.
Making a template for every orc will require a lot of work, especially for people who are not known with such things and just come looking around the corner of RP. Not to mention the fact that the events will take a lot longer because everyone has to look up their things all the time and see on what they might roll extra or whatnot.

In my opinion.. Just decide for yourself if something hits, yes/no. With my few times as GM in SGE and together with Rarg in some events, I would decide if my monster got hit by reading the emotes and how they're made, instead of looking at rolls. (Some still preffered to roll, others didn't.) If for example Rargnasha makes a really nice emote with a shieldslam, an uppercut and something else which is explained nicely and basically just an awesome move, I'd make it hit. Too bad in that example he rolled a 5 or such and completely fumbled his attack at that moment.

Rhonya for example I've played so long now that I know what she can handle, what she can do. I don't need a sheet for that, it's mostly only extra work and takes very long :) I'll leave sheets to D&D.

But, that is my opinion, I know for example Karak already uses a sort of sheet for himself, so if people want to do such, I see no reason to stop them.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Rargnasha

Back when we did the 'Northern Rebellion' campaign, where we used a system called the Bloodied Blades to host these events for large crowds, my helpful elf, Anthrios and I went over the idea of character sheets as well for these sort of things, enabling perks and the like.

However, there was a few things that kept us from putting them to use.
First of all we wanted to keep the events simple. Granted that when focusing upon a single guild, we have a more focused auidience which allows for character progression, etc.

However, allowing character progression with such a system is a double edged blade. It will make the player characters become more powerful, but when everyone becomes more powerful, will the monsters/events then have to be adjusted, and someone new to the guild would have to catch up with everyone, which might alienate some of the more shy orcs in the audience.

As it is currently, Im trying out a 'system' where we go almost go away from rolls entirely, except for when the Leader asks for it.

While it've worked very well with the previous events where I've tried it out, I must say that the fatal flaw of that system, for me, is when I have to respond to my own emotes. I almost always roll for the sucess on my own actions for Rargnasha, which for example turned out quite amusing when Rarg rolled a natural 100 against the final boss of our part of the Siege of Shadowmoon village event.
Appendix means... What?!

Claws

Not sure what this all about missed the memo ( :-X )
But if it is what I think it is l believe that dice rolling has no part in this type of game / set up.
Unless for loot of course.
Play it as it comes and let it unfold.
My own opinion.
May be missing the point totally but hay i read ya post.
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.