Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

June 26, 2024, 01:46:15 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
  • Total Members: 1195
  • Latest: brad
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 78
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 73
Total: 73
73 Guests, 0 Users

Orcish culture!

Started by Thrash'Nak, July 23, 2012, 09:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrash'Nak

I'd really like too try and push the tribe into more orcish culture, such as getting blessings for your new born cubs, propper funeral rites, rites of war, duels, hunts or really anything that comes too mind. Anything thats in the direction of indian culture is probably very well suited.

I'd also like some songs, perhaps songs sung before war or during sorrow. Think orcish culture and post it here, i'd really appreciate it and i will personaly from now on, start pushing Grogona in a more spiritual belief, thanking her ansectors after killing her prey or victory and so forth, i enourage everyone too do the same. :) Or well i'd like too see it!

I'll update this list as it goes along and add some of my own ideas too it, and perhaps either Koz, Sadok or any of the high blades will take them too heart and make something of it. We claim too wanna remember the old traditions, i'd say we should try and do something more about it. :)

And now that i'm reading through this, i can see that it may, or may not offend someone. I mean no ill intent, i'm very satisfied with what the tribe already offers but i feel that there could be much more. :)

War rituals:
Drums of war, before heading out into combat, the orcs are rallied and an orc of high ritual stands is playing a rite of war on said, drums of war. War crys should be shouted and asking our ansectors for aid should also take place.
Nothing comes easy, and besides nothing easy is worth having.

Kozgugore

I think a lot of these kind of things are sort of a personal thing your orc may or may not want to do. A lot of orcs have been "modernized" so to speak, having been raised in the camps or in the wilderness outside of them, whereas others (probably fewer) still adhere some of the traditional values. Some of us don't -claim- to want to remember the old traditions, we actually do something about it as well. It's just that many of these may just be small details, or things that are done in the personal kind of RP.

If you're instead talking about these kind of things during events for example, I can understand some may want a little more cultural touch on some of them. In these cases, it helps if others take initiative for it instead. For example, we had a couple of orcs throughout the timeline that took it upon themselves to give blessings before battles or fights, or ride kodos for war drums. Many of these things are really up for grabs, be it only for personal preference or not.

Nonetheless, I can quite encourage more "traditional" RP, and people are quite free to throw their suggestions in here, certainly. Still, I can quite understand if people still want their orcs to be more mellow about that sort of stuff instead.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Thrash'Nak

I most certainly didn't wanna enforce it upon anyone, i'd just personaly like too see some of it, and as of the part of trying too remember the old ways, i believe i heard you say something like that once, but it might just be my imagination, non the matter.

Regorn

I was satisfied with my funeral rites
...tho, that is not something you see that much   :-[
"Names does not matter, only who you are" - An old Friend from past, Thar'grash Thunderfury

Vilirok

More tradition'd be welcome indeed. For me at least.

Thrash'Nak

What i thought, but as Koz said. It shouldn't be enoforced, i'd encourage it but really up too every orc, IC. But indeed, if you feel creative go ahead, i'll try too make some events out of it, or i'd be happy too help out with events. Perhaps pull some visions into it or something like that, would be cool. :)

Kozgugore

Don't get me wrong, it's very much so encouraged! I just felt like pointing out that it's fine to have orcs that don't pay as much heed to the "old ways", too. ;)

Thrash'Nak

Well your the chief! Your supposed too point fingers and such? :b Nah, i take it too heart and i won't well get disapointed, if well no one cares. Really the purpose of it is just too create even more activivity and encourage people too make events or their own, could it be hunts, lessons or like this rituals, rites or songs of orcish culture. :)

Kozgugore

Then perhaps it'd be an idea to gather ideas or concepts in a topic like this? See what people can come up with, and put it together into something executable in-game be it alone or in collaboration with one another.

Mozrogg

I'd be all for this Groggles, i myself only brought a kodo as i envisioned Mozrogg charging into battle pounding his drums of war :P

Vilirok

I would enjoy a lot more culture myself, it's always nice to be able to get new ideas for events and such from lore. And what Koz is saying isn't that people aren't interested, but some people's characters wouldn't be interested, at least, that's what I garnered. Like, for me, Vilirok would welcome returning to more tradition but Kai'kor probably couldn't care less. I think it would be interesting though to have a lot more events added that could be based on tradition! My rant is over!