Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 29
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23
23 Guests, 0 Users

Bound in blood

Started by Morgeth, January 06, 2012, 02:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgeth

A short series of stories devoted to an orc by the name of Rakgrim.

I. The consuming flame.

I. The consuming flame

"Love is strong and dutiful. When it becomes a distraction it is no longer love, but weakness."
- Rurgnak, Kor'kron.

Years ago, in Northrend...

The fire had been lit. From its wooden base, the red flame worked itself into an inferno; the heat of its red tongues reaching to be so close to his face that it caused a distinct burning sensation over his skin. His eyes defied the rising smoke, instead peering intently at the body hidden within the fire. Its wrappings blurred before his vision and then â€" finally â€" he lost sight of its contours entirely. Rakgrim's jaw slackened slightly.

She was gone. Of course he had known that long before, back when he had seen her get cut down by the blades of the walking dead. He had known the cut into her to be fatal, even as he had later taken her into his arms and tried to call her back to him. But now her body had gone entirely from this world, left nothing but ash, and her spirit would rise beyond this plane. The shamans had assured him, in their own cryptic ways, that her spirit would remain untouched by the necromantic energies of this place. It had been a comfort, because he would not have her tainted. That favor he could do her. It did not change the fact that she was gone, however. His strong, passionate and dedicated love. As he watched the pyre slowly collapsing into itself, her name grew upon his lips, but became a whisper lost in the winds.

”Kashar”.

Rakgrim closed his eyes, briefly loosing himself in the sound of the subtle crackling of flame over dry wood. He would remember and treasure the times they had shared. They had met shortly after the release from the camps. He had been miserable back then, a weak excuse for an orc. But she had not let the camps break her spirit, not entirely. When he had first gazed upon her, it had been her youth and the fire within her eyes that had assured him that she had been as orcs were supposed to be. Passionate, dedicated and dutiful, until the very end.

He felt, more than heard, how the other orcs were beginning to leave the pyre. For them the ceremony was over, their battle sister had gone to the ancestors, and they would resume their fighting tomorrow. A hand or two clapped his shoulder in signs of consolation, but no words were spoken. Finally, as the burning embers laid dying on the ground, did Rakgrim turn to face the undeniable chill of the northern winter. He felt no overwhelming grief, no need to scream and beg for her return. He wished no such shame upon a mate so beloved.

The war in the north would not cease because of her death, nor would his dedication to its cause lessen. He would not throw himself into an early death, just out of the notion to be with her again. Such weakness would, if anything, deny him any right to stand with such a formidable warrior once more.

Returning to camp, Rakgrim found most of the other orcs already asleep, save â€" of course â€" for the ones that had been assigned to the nightly patrols. With a grunt, he slumped himself down into a chair, and in doing so, had to maneuver the hilt to a massive weapon slightly to the side. Looking down upon said weapon â€" a massive, two-handed axe â€" he could not help but curl a crooked smile to his lips. The weapon had been Kashar's. He had taken it because of something she had said just weeks before. That perhaps, one day, she would make the axe worthy of such renown that it'd earn itself a name and that her own blood â€" her offspring â€" would pick it up to use it after her death.

Kashar had been apt at many things, but motherhood had never suited her fully. That was why they had left Kraya â€" their first- and only born daughter â€" in the care of Kashar's sister when they themselves had headed towards Northrend. But Kashar had undoubtedly been the best mother she could have been; fighting for a future for all orcs. With a quiet sigh, Rakgrim grabbed a small parchment and began to hastily scribble his first message back to Orgrimmar.

”Hail Nakhri

Kashar has fallen and her pyre burned tonight. I remain with Overlord Hellscream in Northrend until the end. Tell Kraya the truth and that I wish for her to be strong. Your sister died honourably.

Rakgrim”.

He had little way with words, but the message â€" Rakgrim believed â€" would be clear enough. Putting Kashar's axe aside, to rest with his own gear, he finally got up to make his way over to the place where they had put their bedrolls. He rolled her bedroll up, and tied it neatly together, until it could be placed in a corner. Slowly he slid himself into the relative warmth of his own bedding and turned over to the side, hoping to get some rest. He'd need his strength for the fights to come.
I want to be just like you. I figure all I need, is a lobotomy and some tights.

Kozgugore

Now here's something very deep, and damn orcish to boot! Hellscream, eat your heart out. This is the good stuff! Very touching and nicely written.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Okiba

Beautiful, can almost feel his orcish sense of grief.

nicely done.
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Sadok

Really enjoyed this story. A strong, deeply melancholic character piece that grabs you by the heart-strings.

Claws

Claws wipes away a tear

:'(

Nice
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.