Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:24:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 117
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 31
Total: 31
31 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Gnash Stronghand's Guide to the Tavern  (Read 3845 times)

Gnash

• Path of Strength
  • Venerable
    • View Profile
Gnash Stronghand's Guide to the Tavern
« on: August 05, 2011, 01:03:33 AM »
Published post mortem

Introduction

As an avid drinker and gambling enthusiast I cannot stress the joy the tavern can bring. As a well-known patron of the Orgrimmar drinking establishments, I've comprised a small starter's guide to the tavern. In this first issue the subjects that will be covered are Tavern Etiquette, Tavern Tricks and finally a fair warning. I hope it will inspire those that have taken an interest in drinking and hollering. Remember, orcs, we can all rise to become the star of the tavern - a mountain is only as steep as its slope!

Speaking the language
To become a member of the inner drinking circle, a full-fledged patron of Orgrimmar's fine establishments, an orc must speak the language of Orgrimmar. When entering a tavern for the first time in the city, expect to be met with hostile stares and disproving grunts. Do not flinch! These are normal greetings! Continue and sit down at the bar. You'll most likely be watching the proprietor's back at this moment.

The next step is crucial. The proprietor will ask you, facing neck, if "You want a shot of Blue Balls?". Do not acknowledge! If you do, the patrons will grab your arms, knee you in the groin and throw you in the gutter. Instead, mutter - almost inaudibly - a low 'no'.

If you pass this test, the proprietor will turn to face you and ask broad-grinned "What's the matter, never been to a tavern before?" Now - and this is key - slap your knee, slam your other fist on the counter and turn to the patrons, bellowing: "I dunno, you ever worked in one?!" and chuckle loudly.

If you have done as stated above, the patrons will laugh in your example and, accordingly, buy you a round of drinks. Congratulations, you are not accepted among the drunkards, crooks and ne'er-do-wells of Orgrimmar!

The market hustle
A trick for which the author has fallen many a time (most of which he cannot remember, but he did wake up naked dressed in a barrel on numerous occasions) is the market hustle. Scour the tavern for a patron with something of value or something you need. Approach this patron and strike up a conversation ("Mok-ra. Damn, you heard about that big Maelstrom Thrall tried to subdue? Isn't as big a hole as [enter prostitute's name here]'s snatch though!")  

Now that you've become friendly with the patron, tell him you want to make a small bet. Say this - and say it word for word - "Nice [enter desired object here]. Tell you what -- if I can tell you where you got it, will you give it to me? If I guess wrong, I'll buy you a round of drinks!" whilst giving him an amical slap on the back or punch on the shoulder.

The patron agrees to the bet. Now, laugh long and obnoxiously, pointing at the object. "You got it right there, you dumb shit! Now hand it over!" Congratulations, drinker, you have just obtained the desired item!

The wine list
A saying that often leads to caved in heads is 'asking for the wine list'. A grave mistake! Orgrimmarians despise wines (not strong enough a drink) and in particular lists (reading is considered something for shamans and sissies), so combining both can only lead to harm! Requests for wine lists often lead to lynch mobs and public hangings. Do not attempt!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 07:16:38 PM by Gnash »

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
Re: Gnash Stronghand's Guide to the Tavern
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 03:13:04 AM »
Amusing read! ;D Nice one.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Braggha

• Red Blade
  • Proven
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 10:10:47 AM »
I am totally trying it today. Any good tavern?

Grekthar

• Path of Wisdom
  • Venerable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 10:55:54 AM »

Slight flaw here...you just called the Chieftain who's READING your Tavern Guide, a sissie.

Think about it.....now run for your life. XD

Nice read though.

I feel like I'm the only sane one in this Tribe. And I have four elementals living in my skull!

Mazguul

• Path of Wisdom
  • Alpha
  • Spirit Listener
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 01:26:32 PM »
I almost -cried- laughing!!! XD Thankies for cheering me up, Gnash!

As for a good tavern.... is Guldugenu's still up and running in Ratchett? Or I heard once the Wyvern's Tail was a good one? Damn I'm out of touch! I have no idea where the tavern RP is any more D=
There be more than four elements, there be five! Folk always ferget the element o' SURPRISE!!!

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 03:23:10 PM »
Guldu was in his tavern a week or two ago, I believe. Haven't seen him on the silly troll ever since. Though I have seen some RP at the Wyvern in Orgrimmar every once in a while.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Gnash

• Path of Strength
  • Venerable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 07:15:46 PM »
This is what happens when I'm condemned to awfully repetitive work.

Factories suck balls, meng. At least it hasn't deprived me of creativity!