Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 10:26:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 73
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 96
Total: 96
96 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Much will be lost ...  (Read 1494 times)

Akesha

• Matriarch
  • Red Blade
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
Much will be lost ...
« on: November 23, 2010, 02:18:28 PM »
I've been delaying this too long, but I'm going to grasp the nettle, as we say in the UK.

When the Shattering hits, much will be lost. Places will be destroyed or changed forever. Many people will either be killed or go missing. Some of those missing will never be found. Among them will be Akesha, daughter of Akesh the Poisoner.

When the Shattering occurs, Akesha will not be seen again, her body will never be found, but she will be presumed amongst the dead.

OOC  - I'm removing Akesha from the guild as soon as the Shattering happens and race changing her into another a character to keep my lvl 80 huntard. I hope Kozgugore doesn't spank me too much for this. The truth is that since I've returned, I've found that the guild has evolved in my absence and I feel a little lost. I think the best place for Akesha to be is in the tribe's past.

As Akesha, I still have many stories I'd like to tell and many ideas - but about the tribe's semi-mythical past. The future of the tribe does not belong to me. It belongs to all of you who are active members of this fabulous guild.

I would love to play an active part in that future, but I think the best way i can do that is as a new character. I've been planning to create a new character ever since I found out about Cataclysm, so I will be making a new orc and applying to join as a Newblood. I feel like I want to experience the Tribe as it is now from the ground up, not as an ex-leader just hanging around because they have nowhere to go.

I'm still not sure exactly what will happen to my hunter. Part of me wants to experience new avenues of RP and perhaps join a different guild. However, it will not be a case of main and alt. I'm planning on splitting my time equally between the two characters.

In the end, this might be the last of Akesha, or she may return in some form down the line. Either way, it will not be the last of me (the player). I'm looking forward to being more active in the tribe in a way that only a new character will make this possible. That is unless Koz decides to kick me for not okaying this with him first ;-)

Regards

Akesha
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 02:24:16 PM by Akesha »

Morgeth

• Path of Cunning
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
Re: Much will be lost ...
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 12:20:43 PM »
Thank you for all your time and devotion, Akesha. I understand the reasons behind this, as I've experienced it myself, albeit with a different setting. I hope that you will find some fun in perhaps rejoining, and that you'll keep muppeting about these forums.

- M
I want to be just like you. I figure all I need, is a lobotomy and some tights.

Claws

• Path of Cunning
  • Alpha
  • Trust your Blade it cannot stab you in the back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 12:29:44 PM »
Again what can I say here what I have not said before IC and OOC.
Goodbye Akesha  :'(

you have been a inspiration to the whole RP sect here on WOW.
You breathed life into what has now become a institute on the server.

Got any idea on time scale from 1 to 85
Weeks, months or years.   ::) ;)
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Kozgugore

• Grumpy Wolfking
  • Elder & Admin
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 07:05:22 PM »
Although I still believe it's all taken in a somewhat short amount of time, I can do little but respect your final decision. At times, we simply need a break from what has been our main character for many years in order to feel inspired again. I hope you'll find your inspiration out there again, and that you'll enjoy the new world out there. o/
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Vargukha

• Red Blade
  • Venerable
  • Vargukha The Swift (or.. Vargukha The Lost)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 09:40:10 PM »
For sure one has to feel part of and active to have fun! Or just hammering away in the game not caring about having to behave in any certain way.
Akesha as a character has been very important for Vargukha and she will never stop missing her. Like a big sister.

But I am glad that you as a player are going to be around for some time! I look forward to adventures and challanges in some form or shape  ;D

Thank you for everything as Akesha!
 :-* :-* :-*
For The Blood of The Tribe!

Rehbande

• Path of Strength
  • Alpha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 02:36:46 PM »
Akesha created the tribe a long time ago (ehrm, guild...). Ever since the creation this guild has been a major part of the horde RP on Defias.

I can certainly understand the position of being away for a long while and returning as a former leader just hanging around like you say. It doesn't really fit into orcish RP as I see it, and I think that you are wise in making this decision. (Same goes for old overlords that have been hanging around, only that I'm too fond of this character to change it into a stinking troll or flappie. ;))

We've had a lot of good fun together, and I still remember the mad RP meetings with the Gurubashis fondly. There was always something to get angry about. The big trollbashing event we had was a major thing in my WoW experience when Akesha led us in a confrontation with the trolls in their own lands. ;-)

Reh will certainly feel some of the meaning in this world to be lost when Akesha he discovers that Akesha has dissapeared in the cataclysm.

Thank you for creating one of the major RP pillars on Defias!