Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

June 16, 2024, 02:15:48 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 137
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 132
Total: 132
132 Guests, 0 Users

Shall we keep on going?

Started by Drakash, June 02, 2008, 03:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

As the subject says, should we keep the OotRB rolling and do what it takes? Read the post before answering.

Yes.
16 (94.1%)
No.
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Drakash

Okay, now that Koz is taking his leave (for some time at least) we orcs need to decide whether we join other tribes or try our best to keep the Red Blades alive. Bear in mind that no one wants do die a slow death.

I got a couple of questions and suggestions to you. Some people already asked me to become the next Koz. I don't know if I'm up for it, for I've never run a guild before and from what I've gathered, it eats time. Still, I am up for it if you want it to be so. If you know someone or want to lead it yourself, please tell so.

Or we could make a council to lead us for the time required to survive the blow. All ideas taken here as well.

It's late, I'm tired. That's what I can write now. Please be honest and straightforward with your replies and may they be many.

-Drakkimang.

Oh and edits! If we're going to stay alive and kicking, we need people who CAN and WILL organize events!
00:18:13 [Y] [Carlohater]: im not a moster.... IM AN ORC!

Greggar

I am willingly to help. Unfortunately exams eat my time.

As seriously, if this guild dies and many people dissapear that I cared about.. Then I don't know what to do or where to go.. As I consider this tribe a precious piece to me.
Because orcs are green..Doesn't mean they can do photosynthesis..Or can they?

Tirnak Lynxclaw

I offer the help I can. That being WPvP events, excusrsions, training sessions, whichever you should want.(Delivered with a bitchy attitude!)

You know where to find me.

Secondly:

I think this -might- be the end of ORB, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try setting up a council of High Blades(or so) for now to do things, like we once did. (just remove the matriarch or the chieftain from the equasion.)

Dogar

Not that I play much of an active part in the guild these days, but I once did, so that gives me enough of a reason to vent my opinion!

;D

Long story short; YES, the guild should keep going in my opinion.

The game, guild and community changes with time. People come and go, the depature of the gleader is always a blow, but so far, somebody has always stood up to take charge. And if there isn't a single person right now, then go to a council of High Blades, and lead together, so that not the entire weight of the guild is on the shoulders of 1 person. As long as there are Orcs that still feel like Red Blades and want to keep going, then there is enough of a base to keep this guild.
Xaryah Stormward.

Formerly known as Dogar Stormward, Chieftain.

Nahe ~ Coach of Team Tof ~ Blood Bowl (online) <DoW> season 1 ~ Pink yet deadly!

Rehbande

Another oldie that wants the tribe to keep running!  ;D

For quite a long time, we were a few orcs (me, Oz, and Varg) that did run the tribe as a team. Akesha was absent for long periods so we had our little team running things. It worked well, we managed to not only run the tribe but also develop it a bit.

If you can do that again, you'll certainly be able to keep the tribe going strong. I believe that there are good orcs amongst you that can pull this off, and even become stronger as a tribe.

Remember, OotRB has been and is a pillar in the rp community on Defias. Those that started the tribe are long gone, the leaders have changed several times, but still the tribe kept going. There is a strong feeling of being part of something great by belonging to the tribe, stick to that feeling and you'll certainly have a good time being Orcs of the Red Blade in the future as well.

For the Blood of the Tribe!
/Rehbande, former Overlord, now too old for battle

Drakash

I'm glad to hear the voice of the Ancestors, but sadly what we need now is the next generation orcs. Judging by the amount of "Yes" answers so far, it seems like people still feel like going on. I'm now on holidays so I will have time to do stuff more now. Koz, if you're going, pass me the mantle and we'll figure what to do.

Lok'tar Ogar, brethren!

Targok

Even though I've been in the guild for a short time only, I've been enjoying it, nice, friendly people that keep true to the orcish way's when speaking to them IC. So, since I've been in it only for a short period, I want to see more of it.. (Couldnt make it to the recent events due to RL stuff..)

Drakash

Good to hear Targok, we need moar cowbell. Or orc.

Gruulg

I'm up for it Drakash.I want to keep things going for when 'they' come back, and in meantime rekruiting the next generation.

Braggha

Totally YES. Im not very long in the Tribe, but OOtRB is best WoW experience i ever had.

I will help in any way i can. True that im not organized any event yet, but i have at least 2 of them in mind.

Im online almost every evening, so if you orcs need me, either for RP or other help, i will drop everything and come. To hell with PVE and PVP, if there is no RP, RP its like an addiction...

Recently, i see only 5-6 orcs online every day, I REALLY hope thats because of some exams or whatnot stuff, and not because orcs giving up. bad sign, reminds me of last weeks of The Old Lordaeron. In fact, after death of ToL i decided to level Orc just for join OOtRB! I will not give up so easilly.

Someone maybe left for AoC... Cant help with it. If it will come that AoC is better, we will create RP guild there as well :)

Iron in the Blood!

Drevan

It's great to so much enthusiasm. As much as I too want the tribe to survive, unless my circumstances change, it's going to be hard for me to contribute to such a goul.
I respond to Sakareth and Azuril too.

Ugluhk

hm, changed my opinion. I will help here, but still lvl my 60x char :P it will be hard, but doable hopefully!

FOR THE MATRIARCH! FOR THE CHIEFTAIN! FOR THE HORDE! 
Once a pup, always a pup :'(
Offical BUCKET HEAD!
Ugleh, Zhurd, Nose and now Gorback

Drakash

<Mhokdor here, since I've misplaced my password, luckily Drakash gave me the oppertunity to respond on his account>

I've had the best experience here too, my first roleplaying guild, you taught me the lore, you told me the workings, I'd be damned if I wouldn't do my best for the tribe.

I will do my best to organise meetings, events and random roleplaying within the guild.

FOR THE HORDE!!!

Mhokdor

Claws

Why does everybody here keep saying you need events etc to keep going?
Yes they are important to keep people interested.
But surly it is more about being somewhere and doing something you enjoy.
If that enjoyment is flagging or going then give it a rest and return to it when your interest returns if it does.
As long as the tribe can keep its friendly bonds and flying the flag then the tribe will never die.
I left because after so many years it just lost its appeal to me but it does not mean I would never come back (If I was wanted that is), and no doubt that goes the same for all the other old timers.
I needed the break and I’m glad I did move on for personal reasons.
And now it is Koz’s time to step away for a rest or may be for good which is up to him as an individual, and good luck to him I say.
So come on you young ones if you are as dedicated to the tribe as those that came before you get your selves together form a council such as Reh, Varg and Oz did, until such time somebody comes along that you can all relate to.
Do not let it Die.
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Gal'Bash

Hey guys...I have a little suggestions... Should this guild disband...make it rather the way that you will kick out all the players and make me leader afterwards, and leave too...I will keep the name of our guild so noone can reclam it and violate it, PLUS...I will make an RP story of it..

something like...Old galbatorix wakes up and watches on the wall of shi farm where attached lies his old Tabard of Red Balde. Tear falls on Galbatorixe's cheek when.........somethingsomethingsomethingDarksideSomethingsomethngsomethingdestroyed.

please consider it...THO I m standing behind anyone who is willing to lead the guild, and I offer my help where it can be used....(tho I m just oathbound)

Have a nice day!

Fire mission battery! TRP 005! Pointe fussed! Pointe fussed! Firing for effect! Firing for effect! - over -