Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 221
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 227
Total: 227
227 Guests, 0 Users

Adrift

Started by Azolg, January 27, 2015, 02:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azolg

Part 1: Survival

A crackle from the fire lit up the cave briefly, just enough to illuminate the faces of its occupants which were an unusual pair in any other circumstance. Keishara Wildeye had sought refuge in the cave near the Iron Waystation only to find it already had a tenant â€" A surly looking Night Elven male Druid who she now knew was named Arsel. The situation had been an calm one, and as the flames lit up the males face she recalled how their paths had come to cross once more.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

“Ish nai Fulahna?” The voice fluttered outside the cave, cautious but not hostile. The shadow of the Elf could be seen in the darkness, his cold glowing eyes staring down at WIldeye.

“I don’t speak Elvish, but a friend, hopefully.” She murmured in reply to the voice, a hand resting on her axe.

The male stepped out into the Light, his dark blue mane falling across his face somewhat. A fanged grin etched across his features as he replied in rather well-spoken Orcish. “Greetings, Orc.  I take it you aren’t here to kill me?”

Keishara sighed in relief and relaxed the hand on her axe somewhat. “I hadn’t planned too. Throm’ka to you Kal’dorei â€" What the Fel are you doing here, in a cave in Frostfire?”

“Surviving. What are you doing here trying to enter my cave, Orc?” He purred in response.

“Surviving aalso.” She grunted, nodding once.

The male stepped back into the dark once more “Then let us survive together. My name is Arsel.”
“Keishara.” She murmured as she stepped into the dark cave. The light here was dim, but as the pair trudged deeper in she finally saw the warm glow of firelight round the corner.

“I am going to have to ask you to leave your axe by the entrance â€" It would not do to disturb the guardians I have put in place. You are, afterall â€" An orc.” The male whispered softly, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Keishara grunted, turning to meet his eyes with her own. The stare held for a few moments, before she grunted and unclipped her axe, resting it against the wall. The pair nodded once and turned the corner.

It was a blessing after all that she had listened to what he said. A large thorned lasher stood inanimate near the edge of the cave and despite the petal’d head hanging low Keishara knew that it obeyed Arsel’s command. She turned to speak to the Elf once more.

“So, you’re a druid then? That explains the fangs. But how’d you get the nature here to follow your wishes? The Shaman in my Tribe are struggling with the Spirits here.”

“Patience and a lot of asking, nature here isn’t as temperamental as the spirits are. The Elements of this world find themselves in strife, enraged and confused. The wildlife here is a little more susceptible to suggestion.” He purred once more in reply. Indicating for the pair to sit he headed over and lowered himself carefully to the floor. After a final sweeping gaze of the room, Keishara joined him â€" Although a little way aways from him.

“So, Keishara. What exactly are you doing so far away from the Frostwolves?”

“You look lost in thought.” Arsel chuckled, drinking deeply from the waterskin.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

She smiled at that. “Just remembering that only a few hours ago we had just started co-existing together.  You still believe my story then?”

A deep chuckle emerged from the Elfs kind face, “Absolutely. The fact we are in this realm is more than enough proof that different universes exist. The Bronze Dragonflight have always been able to see the timeways, how the world is knitted together and how even the smallest choices can effect different futures â€" I still wonder why you need to prove to yourself this is true? You even said yourself your Chieftain had accepted you as who you are. Even if you did supposedly die.”
Her smiled faded. She fell quiet once again and stared at the fire.

“I won’t prod too far, but you’ve told me plenty so far â€" Is it really so bad you won’t say what else there is to say?”

The glowing eyes locked onto her own, and she felt herself buckle under his seductive gaze. What did she have to lose afterall? “My mate won’t look at me the same, he lost me and cant come to terms with the fact I am … Well here. Even the small differences matter to him, and he’s told me that he will never accept me. Throw in the fact one of my closest friends wishes that I’d die all over again, I need to prove it to them just as much as I need to prove it to myself.”

Arsel’s eyes softened somewhat and he rose to his feet, striding over to her side. Kneeling down he brought his face close to hers. Unable to stop, she found herself admiring his face of rugged perfection â€" There was no doubt about it he was attractive in every sense of the word. “I believe you.” He murmured softly.

A breath caught in her throat and she found her mind drawn to Srelok suddenly, the Orc she had known only a scant few days. He had been kind and welcoming so far â€" And the fact he could quite literally know how she felt was … Comforting. Arsel’s gaze however was distracting once again and she simply nodded, smiling. “Thank ye’.”

“Now. Sleep, you are exhausted.” He murmured. Rising to his feet, he headed to the base of his lasher and fell into slumber almost instantly, leaving Keishara to stare at the fire and think some more.

I miss them already.