Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 29
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 68
Total: 68
68 Guests, 0 Users

Armguards of Drakahik Part One.

Started by Kharmak, October 07, 2014, 07:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kharmak

OOC Note: I will be posting the events of Garzag in his quest to make his own item required for the Path of Strength here. This is the first part of the quest.

Garzag gave a small sigh as he looked out over the ruined Highlands; The black spires and the purple essence that ruined the once lush landscape, the defiled sky that had once been pure, and the enemies it now held within it. The Mag’har stalked lowly under the foliage of the area, his information given to him by an old Dragonmaw friend of his had lead him to this area. It was here that was a frequent spot for Drakes. His eyes continually scanned to the sky, which was eerily quiet, on this day there seemed to be no drakes at the minute.

Squinting slightly, the Frostwolf caught glimpse of something in the distance, a torn corpse of one of the local creatures, it seemed fresh, and he knew this was the best opportunity he would have all day.  His hand moved back to the crossbow he had been given, made purely of dark iron, it had only one bolt on it, attached to it was a sturdy linked chain, to keep the two together. The bottom of the crossbow bore two spikes to dig into the ground, and there was also a winding mechanism to draw the bolt back in.

He took in a deep breath as he heard the sound of beating wings above, the shrill cry of a young drake as it swopped through the trees, spiralling round and finally coming to land at the partly devoured corpse. The magnificent beast raised its head and let know that it had laid new claim to this find. Garzag took his time to position himself, hefting the crossbow up and ready, slowly aiming at the hide of the proven creature. It bore many scars on its skin, most seeming to be bite and claw marks, most likely off another black drake competitor. The Orc knew he had to bide his time, as there were not many spots the steel bolt could penetrate on the thick armour of the flying beast. Instead he slowly began to walk through the low bushes, taking extreme care in each step as got to the side of the feasting Drake. After taking another step, all went quiet, and the snapping of twig revealed the location of the Orc to the Drake. In an instant, the beasts flesh filled maw parted, bellowing out flame as Garzag leapt out of the bushes to avoid the dark flames. Taking in a quick breath he shot the bolt from the crossbow, slamming the weapon into the ground so the spikes took hold of the earth without even checking to see if the bolt had landed, only assuming from the angered cry of the Drake that it had done so.

“Ha! Orc, you dare come to face me?!” the Drake bellowed in challenge as it reared up, blood staining its side from where the bolt had penetrated against the softer tissue of its bellow. The beasts wings flapped, sending a gust of wind at the Orc, causing Garzag to be flinged back into one of the many dead trees. The Orc coughed up in a fit of air as he fell to his knees, looking up as the Drake came nearer. Opening its maw to let out another torrent of fire, before it screeched, being yanked sideways as the turning mechanism in the crossbow began. Taking advantage of this Garzag took out his hunting spear, and leapt towards the Drake, giving a roar of his own as the blade dug into the eye of the creature twisting it as the beast howled in pain, snapping its neck back and sending the Mag’har flying off. The Drake now busy trying to claw the spear from its eye began to circle round, tail lashing and clawing at the dirt to stop to the crossbow bolts and chain from pulling him closer. Garzag had landed with a heavy thud, groaning in pain as he slowly pushed himself up, gasping again as the tail snapped like a whip towards him, felling a tree in the process. Snarling, the Orc charged up once more, ducking low at another tail thrash and then propelling himself forward on his back, sliding across the ground as he eventually appeared under the belly of the drake, with a roar he stabbed up several times into the soft flesh of the drakes underside, making sure to rip and tear as he did so. The Drake roared ferociously in pain and anger as the sharp penetrations into its stomachs, rearing up it threw its head down to snort flames onto the ground where the Orc had laid.

From bad eyesight or sheer luck, the blast of searing flames had gone wide, and Garzag had dived away from the creature, quickly assessing the situation. The Drake howled as the chain continued to reel it in towards the crossbow staked into the ground. The black beast was wounded heavily now, a gory mess oozing from its wounded eye socket, and several pieces of flesh hanging from its stomach as blood spilt freely onto the ground below. “You… Orc. You cannot kill me!” the Drake roared in defiance. “You are a noble beast, indeed Drake of the black. But your flight knows only of destruction…” Garzag uttered through gritted teeth. “You will live on in my legacy…” With a battlecry Garzag charged at the bleeding out Drake, raising his spear high and throwing it towards the Drake as gust of wind and flame erupted from the maw of the creature, scorching the side of Garzag’s torso, causing him to growl with pain as he felt the skin sizzle and blister instantly. But he carried on nonetheless and pounced at the beast, vaulting onto its head as he drew a small ceremonial dagger from his waist, riding the neck of the dragon as it swayed to and fro, still being drawn in by the chain. Eventually Garzag got a grip around the beast and lunged the dagger into the already open eye socket, causing the Drake to let out a roar so loud the forest began to shake around the two. But Garzag held, twisting the dagger in the socket, holding on for dear life as the beast spout flames and blood from its maw. A low groan erupted from the Drake, and eventually its movements became less erratic, and spasms followed, the dagger had finally reached the brain, and the beast slumped down. “Curses… Upon you.. Orc.” Were the last words before the beast drew its last breath.

Sliding, exhaustedly off the Drake, Garzag sunk to his knees, a palm resting on the neck of the once mighty beast. He took in deep breaths to steady himself, his adrenaline trying its hardest to block out the burning pain on his side. Forcing his eyes open, the Orc got to work, slicing away the tough hide of the beast took every ounce of energy he didn’t have, but soon he had himself two slices off bloody, black Drake hide, each enough to wrap round his forearms. Eventually resting back on the creature, he whistles for his Wolf, hoping it would bring him back to camp to have his wound treated. But before his companion arrived, the world went black.