Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 238
  • Online Ever: 449
  • (September 22, 2024, 02:50:06 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 178
Total: 178
178 Guests, 0 Users

Rekindling old memories

Started by Gridish, October 12, 2015, 01:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gridish

The purple tinted barrier surrounding Dalaran’s crater shines faintly in the dark night. Ruins of the once stationary Dalaran quiet, dark and deserted. A few Human made fires from patrols watching over the barrier. Wind flowing softly between the tree branches, causing the leaves to dance in the wind. Low howls of the wildlife, finding their spots to rest for the night. Gridish and Lofty watching it from afar.

”Nothing has changed…” Lofty whimpers a bit as he looks at the carnage once known as Dalaran. ”Can’t it go back to how it was, Gridish? It wasn’t so bad back then, was it…?”. Lofty hovers silently on his spot as he waits for the silent orc to respond. ”Ye know that’ll probably never happen, Lofty. The damage has been done.” Gridish says in a low tone, trying not to sound harsh towards his companion. ”Maybe that fancy council of Dalaran will make up their minds and park Dalaran right here again! I mean.. it’s a beautiful landscape and all-…” The booklet pauses and looks around. ”Like-… eh…. Well, not Undercity… and certainly not that place over the-..” As the booklet pauses again, the wind picks up briefly, some leaves letting the gust take them with. ”Who am I joking… It’s all one big dead place here.” Lofty sulks and mutters. Gridish sighs as he looks down towards his companion that is clearly homesick. ”It’s not one big dead place here. Just take a moment to listen to the wildlife. Ye might not hear much right now, but ye also know it’s late.” Gridish pauses, seeing if Lofty would respond, but continues after he notices Lofty won’t respond. [” Of course this place has seen better days, but just like anythin’, it’s havin’ a rough patch. So perhaps it’s good yer travelin’. So ye take yer mind of this by meetin’ new people, seein’ new places, doin’ new things!”

Lofty mutters something too low to be understood. ”Don’t you miss it?!” Lofty responds with in an annoyed tone. ”Dalaran is â€"THE- place your green little arse set out to in the first place to learn about Arcane Magic…. And now you’re acting like you’ve never cared!”Ye know that’s not true, Lofty." Gridish snarled to Lofty, yet tried to keep his tone somewhat friendly. "Ye know as well as I do and as well as my tutor did that it was no life for an Orc. Out of any possible choice, be that another tome, another tutor, or himself travelin’ with me.. he chose ye. He did that because of two reasons. First reason is because ye were the right choice for the job. Second reason was to give ye a life as well. Ye aren’t simply just another tome. Ye would’ve been that if ye stayed in Dalaran though. Ye would’ve probably been burned years ago for bein’ an absolute pain in the arse. Instead, ye were granted a chance… A chance at livin’. Now ye have that." A soft sigh sounding noise escaped Lofty. ”I guess you’re right, Gridish. Thank you for bringing me here. It made me feel like I was somewhat closer to home.” Gridish nods in response to Lofty as a smile appears from under his wolfmask. ”Not just for ye, my friend. The time spent in Dalaran will always stick with me. Perhaps one day ye can return, if ye’d like.”
Gridish Rimeweaver

Okiba

While short and sweet, I do love how much your writing technique has improved over the last two years. It really does show.

In this particular short, I love how Lofty is when only Gridish is around.

More please! :D
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Gridish

Aww, thank you for the kind words there, Krogon! I try to improve where I can x].
Gridish Rimeweaver