Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

July 03, 2024, 02:51:13 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
  • Total Members: 1195
  • Latest: brad
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33083
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 62
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 28
Total: 28
28 Guests, 0 Users

The Story of Zoram and the Lord Cthulu

Started by torkahn, December 07, 2008, 11:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

torkahn

((As told by Torkahn in the Booty Bay inn (after quiet some beer) ))

Just after the Second War, when I just lived here in the jungles of Strangletorn Vale, there was a pirate lord named Zoram Sharktooth. The pure sight of his purple sails invoced pure fear to any harbour town.
He and his crew had been raiding the seas around Kul Trias when a story came to his ears of an island in the Great Sea with powers beyond his immagination. Greedy as he was he went to search that island and he found it. It was dark and foggy when Zoram and his Orcs landed on the beach. There was no living creature to be spotted and the only thing that broke the emptyness of the island where the many bis stones with runic inscriptions. As they wandered over the island they found a huge stone gate. They tried to open it, but it was far to heavy. While some Orcs took off for a patrol, others started a fire near the gate to get warm. As soon as the fire was lit, two of Zorams Orcs came back from patrol holding an odd old man by his arms. He was only wearing a white dress and his complete body was covered in a strange white fur that seemed to move on its own will. He said his name was Nestor, that he was the priest of the Temple of the Lord Cthulu and, wile grinning wickedly at the two Orcs, that it was forbidden to touch him. Zoram ordered him to open the gate but Nestor refused, so he was tied to the ground to be torchered.
As hours passed, and the old man was ondergoing his torcher, strange things started to happen. The two Orcs that had captured Nestor suddenly put their hands in the campfire yelling to "get it off!". Then they ran and jumped off the cliff with their arms still burning. The last ones to see them told they saw a strange white fur growing in their necks. They all looked at the old man tied to the ground: for the first time fear entered in the hearts of Zorams pirates.
Dawn was nearing and so was the end of Nestors life. Zoram kneeld down to beg the old man to open the gates and not to take his secrets to the grave. To Zorams suprise the old man agreed and said he would speak the old words that would open the gate. Nestor spit on Zorams face, but before the suprised Orc could react, Nestor started to speak the words and the gates opened: inside there was pure darkness. A few Orcs ventured near the enterance with a tourch. Suddenly a lange tentacle grabed some of them and drag them inside. Their screams were only stoped by the sound of their flesh beeing torn apart! Zoram asked Nestor what was going on! Nestor answered that they had just freed the terrible Lord Cthulu and that he would go to destroy Azeroth. So now Nestor would speak some other old words to make the island sink and take Cthulu down to the abbys. Zoram tried to stop him by chopping off his head, but Nestor was fast and the pirate lord was too late.
The island started to trmble and, pulled by his tentacles, Cthulu pulled his head out of the gates. By the bare sight of his horrible, swollen face surrounded by his tentacles most Orcs fell dead by pure fear. Those who didn't die were grabbed by the tentacles and served as a meal to the monstrous Lord. Only Zoram mannaged to run away in terror and managed to push the boat back to sea by his own. The last thing he saw was the silouette of the huge body of the Lord Cthulu when the island sank.
Mad by fear and agony he set sail to Booty Bay. When he arrived there the Goblins did not touch him, and imprisoned him on the island just across the harbour. For days his madman scrams were heard over the harbour. The last time I saw him he wasn't moving by his own, but because of the parasitic fur growing over and inside him...

((some other stories will certainly follow in some other inn or at a campfire))