Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 01:35:51 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 310
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 264
Total: 264
264 Guests, 0 Users

Snowstalker

Started by Kogra Windwatcher, September 18, 2014, 03:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kogra Windwatcher

((Right, so yesterday I was kind of forced to make up a story on the spot abot how Kogra met her wolf so err... To bring it to the rest of you, here it is))

“My own lifelong companion is called Snowstalker. I've known her since eehm... Well since I've done the traditional hunt of getting her.

It was some years ago now in the lands of Alterac, our current homeland. As we were exiled we moved here and the frostwolves followed us. As the day came that I had to get out there and perform the rite myself, it was in the middle of the winter so it was freezing cold and the snow blocked vision from beyond thirty feet or so. For hours had I wandered, sticking close to the, now with snow covered, lantern posts that usually light the way. It was hard to find your way back otherwise as all the tracks were faded again within mere minutes.

Exhausted, Freezing and kind of desperate not to die due to any factors I wandered the lands until I saw an opening in the mountain side. I thought it would have been a good thing to settle down for some while and make sure that the snow that was pouring down would settle and not be the end of me. As I moved over there I thought I saw something moving in the snow, I stared at it for a few moments but it did not move again. I did not want to waste to much time and continued. The cave coming closer with each step I took but my legs were tiring and nearly crumbled right under me as plowing through the snow is not an easy task to do.

As I fought my way to get to the mountain side, I heard something behind me, growling and before I knew it and was able to turn around I felt massive weight pouncing onto me. I had but barely escaped the maw of what was a frostwolf looking for her prey. I had no clear time to think and just wanted it to get off of me so I drew my axe and gave it a clean knock on her head with the backside of the axe. It staggered and got off of me. The thing that I had seen before was probably the same thing I saw at that moment. A beast with a beautiful white fur, blending in perfectly with its surroundings. I stood there in awe for a few seconds actually as it tried to just leap at me again. This time I had time to react and rolled to the side, though what I thought would have been a harmless dodge turned out into me rolling from the mountain side. Gladly the snow had broken some of damage I would have normally sustained from the hard stones.

When I finally felt my body come to a stop I thought that I had broken every bone in my body. Gladly it was less damaged than I thought. I tried to stand up but I noticed that the fight against nature had drained much of my strength. As I finally rose to my feet I had noticed that the same beast had followed me. She thought she had found easy prey but she was wrong. With the last bit of strength that I had within me, a battle erupted between me and the wolf. The wolf ending up worse than I was, wounds from cuts and scratches on both of our bodies. Our precious lifeblood seeping from the wounds and making us weaker by the minute. I was glad that she was the one who succumbed first and fell to the ground. I felt for the beast though and brought it to a very small opening in the mountain side, there I tended to her wounds and mine.

I passed out and woke up to the whimpering sound of a wolf, hanging over me. Although it had tried to kill me before, it had seemed to notice that I took care of the beast. I shared some of my rations with it as we were both hungry. I made a fire and we waited until the storm was over. Once the storm was over, I left the small entrance first and took my steps onward to the camp once more, I was completely drained, both physically and mentally. But as I took my steps I had found that the wolf followed me. I fell in the snow and she had padded next to me, pushing me onto my feet once more. It seems that when you get into conflict with someone and you don't end their life, They can return you the everlasting bond of companionship. That's what I had gained at that point and returned to camp with my new lifelong companion, not having failed my task after all.

Ever since that day, the wolf, which I named Snowstalker due to the fact that that was the way that we met and she could blend in perfectly with the snow, and I have created a bond that cannot be broken. Ever since that day we’ve spend our lives together, looking after one another when one fell ill. We’ve attained a level of companionship that has made us think as one and makes us feel what the other feels.”
"Never leave an enemy to die alone in the cold. Warriors should die with hot blood on their hands, not with ice in their veins"