Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 02:31:36 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 280
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 244
Total: 244
244 Guests, 0 Users

Ghost Wolf

Started by Garashna, October 03, 2010, 02:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garashna

Hey all,

Was talking to Vez about Ghost Wolf and we both wondered if there was any sort of 'official' lore on how Ghost Wolf is 'justified' in roleplay. I've come up with some theories myself that might be plausible, but I'd like to hear it from you guys as well. Since it's an ability that would be so cool to use ICly with a good explanation behind it. I've done it with Gara a few times when I just joined the guild, but lately I haven't been using it that much due to 'dodgyness'.

So, my question is if there's an 'official' stance on ghost wolf, or that one of the following ideas would work ICly.

- Meditation.
Shammies have a bond with the spirit world, obviously. One theory I've thought is that shammies can meditate and get in touch with a wolf spirit (perhaps the wolf whose head they wear as a wolf mask) and 'borrow' their spirit body and eyes to search through the world. The shaman would be 'resting' somewhere and not move.

- Spirit Walking
The second option is the shaman stepping into the spirit world him/herself and changing into a wolf, or merging with a wolf spirit while being there. It allows for walking inbetween 'dimensions'. That way you can 'justify' ICly hopping back in and out of wolf form.

So yeah, thoughts plox!

Drevan

Well playing as Azuril, I justified Ghost Wolf as follows.

Similar to your Spirit Walking idea, the Shaman creates a conduit into the Spirit world (Not too dissimilar to Resurrection), The Shaman then allows a Spirit of a Wolf to represent the Shaman's place in the real world, guiding them if you will. While in Ghost Wolf, you are the Wolf, and any interaction, be it physical or vocal etc., are with the Wolf, not the Shaman, although the Shaman can return at will.

Just my $0.02
I respond to Sakareth and Azuril too.

Morgeth

I play my shaman Spirit walker as constantly caught in between the two worlds, and spends most of her time as a Ghost wolf. I even go through the stupid trouble of adding one of those increase size potions every time she is a ghost wolf, to emphasize on her connection to the spirit world. The wolf is a representation, and something to make the reality of orcs more bearable as she spirit walks. I've communed vocally as a ghost wolf, but not through its mouth, so to speak. I usually add that the voice seems to come from a wind rather than the wolf. Even though I blatantly refuse to get tongues to make me go "Grr. Woff. Arf".
I want to be just like you. I figure all I need, is a lobotomy and some tights.

Mazguul

I have only used the Ghost Wolf form once or twice with Mazguul from an IC stand point... and both were in an emergency.... and accidental.

It was using mainly Azuril's way in which the Shaman steps into the Spirit World and a wolf spirit takes her place in the 'material world'. Though with Mazguul she calls it a 'Spirit of the Hunt' and she doesn't choose for it to happen. It happens to her in times of need since it's her subconscious that opens the 'conduit' in terror and desperation.... and each time it's the same Spirit, her beloved but deceased Bryaugh whom she wears as her mask in his honour.

However, once I start her down the path of true Spirit Walker (maybe), the line between Mazguul and Spirit would start to wane I believe. However, as it is, the Ghost Wolf that sits there when Mazguul has 'changed' is -not- Mazguul but a spirit with her interests at 'heart'.

Buuuuut since it only happens once in a blue moon..... I am open to changing how I RP it...
There be more than four elements, there be five! Folk always ferget the element o' SURPRISE!!!

Gnash

I've been working on a shaman alt lately and my view on the ghost wolf is that it is more of a spirit guide for the shaman than anything else.

There's this quest in Mulgore in which you drink a potion which incites a vision of a ghost wolf. This wolf eventually leads you to a cave where a shaman can be found which gives you the next quest. In short, this is how I think Ghost Wolf (the ability) could be used as a cool means in role-play. A guide for others to follow during visions for instance.

Garashna

So Gnash, Please correct me if I'm wrong but.. If it's 'only' a vision, where does that leave the shaman itself?

Gnash

Like I said, in role-play I'd just use it as a tool to incite some spiritual journey for others, making it just another character, not the shaman -- seeing we're no druids and all.

But that's just my general view about the thing. I wouldn't think less of you if you have other views. :P