Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 11:51:41 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 295
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 235
Total: 235
235 Guests, 0 Users

Let Talk Dreams

Started by Azolg, April 19, 2016, 07:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azolg

So in the last few months i've become rather interested in my dreams. They confuse, baffle and amaze me at times so much so i've started keeping a Dream diary just so I can keep up to date with them (As we all know, lots of dreams we forget). I look into lots of different forums discussing the theory behind dreams and what they might possibly mean. Figured that as we all dream, lets start a thread to discuss each others dreams, maybe offer some insight into particular dreams we're concerned about or don't understand the meaning of - If any of you lot are into that sort of thing!

What dream spurred on this thread creation? My most recent one last night. It's been on my mind all day purely because it was so intimate and real. I mean, i've had dreams before where i've genuinely woke up and thought it was real (This happened today) And the crushing reality at 5am is just overwhelming.

As for the dream itself, it involved an old school friend whom I used to be friends with/somewhat interested in. Consisted of us meeting up in a bar and chatting before both admitting feelings for each other. There was no sexual activity in the dream (We've all had those) But the actual feeling of "Love" was simply overpowering as we spent that "Night" together to the point I woke up and thought she'd abandoned me during the night, seeing as my bed was empty. There were a few other points in the dream; a scuffle where I had to protect her against some drunk idiots before being kicked out of the bar but the majority of it was us to spending time together and talking, though im not sure what the words were.

The odd part? I haven't spoke to this person since the end of school 8 years ago. I have my own theories on why I dreamt of this dream and this person in particular. Yearning for a caring relationship and all that jazz.

So thats my dream out of the way, what about yours? Any recent dreams you'd like to share? I'd like this thread to be a place to discuss and get advice on your dreams if you're feeling confused/unsure - It's always helpful to get another view!

Gashuk

Whilst not as interesting as yours Makaroth, me and my boss do have recurring dreams regarding what we call "The Impossible Payout"; essentially, when a customer has arrived to do his finance paper-work and collect the vehicle they have purchased and for whatever reason, we can't process the paper-work properly and the customer goes apeshit.

Horrible dreams, stress induced and always before we know we have a busy day ahead.
-Gashuk, Son of Garrak-
"When the ashes fall and the green winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives."

Bamm

I did have a string of dreams a while ago about a petrol station I worked at years ago washing cars. I was finishing my shift and about to walk home when i would leave the forecourt I'd arrive back in the middle of it again no matter how I tried i couldn't escape.

Freaky stuff are sub conscious

Srelok

A lot of it sounds like subconscious anxiety, really.

I dream a lot about losing/forgetting shit, like forgetting where I put my pants, or losing Dien or stuff like that.

"If you could pour pain into a mold of an orc and then cut off its foot to piss it off, you’d get Srelok." Gulrok Ragehowl

Kozgugore

I don't know exactly why, but as of several weeks ago, I've continuously had a long string of vivid dreams every single night. There's also been long periods where I couldn't remember any dreams at all, so I guess it tends to have its ups and downs. I sometimes wonder if it may be because of some very subconscious kind of stress (because I normally stress -very- rarely at all, to the point that too little of it might become a bad thing instead), that I've locked away in some kind of ignorance.

I do know that my dreams pretty much always either reflect something I'm worrying about deep down inside, or are a reflection of some very minor, completely irrelevant detail of the day prior. Like a dream completely focused on spiders just because I cleaned up a cobweb and briefly searched through the rest of my house for any and or spiders (don't have any kind of arachnophobia, so the dream didn't stem from that).

The most fascinating yet frustrating dreams are indeed the ones you describe though; like our subconscious is trying to make us aware of something or convince us to some kind of action. I think it may be because I'm often very melancholic or "in my element" during nighttimes and before going to sleep, though. Perhaps that alone can awaken some manner of... subconscious emotions or something. I dunno. I'm not an expert by any means. But dreams certainly are a very fascinating aspect of our subconsciousness. Most of the latter kind of dreams are a little too personal for me to divulge in right now, but maybe something, or someone, will visit me the next upcoming night and I'll come back here!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Azolg

Quote from: Srelok on April 20, 2016, 02:53:47 PM
A lot of it sounds like subconscious anxiety, really.

I dream a lot about losing/forgetting shit, like forgetting where I put my pants, or losing Dien or stuff like that.

Srelok here worrying about the REAL problems in the world!

Seems i've had a follow-on dream last night from the dream I described. I've only rarely had follow on dreams (As in a continuation of the events of the previous dream) And it quite frankly really messed with my head. What baffles me is how intimate and strong the feelings in the dreams are, yet in essence so simple events (Going for a meal. Taking a walk) And also the fact I haven't spoken nor had any interaction or anything to remind me of this person for 9 years! (I forgot, im 25) It's astounding the fact i've had two dreams in a row relating to this person, and that they've been a continuation as if it's playing out a story.

The downside is such dreams cause me to go into a deep-thinking state of "Could have" where I visualize and imagine all kinds of scenarios had things been different, which is maddening in itself.

Srelok

The deceptively pleasant state of 'what if'. I know that state all too well...

"If you could pour pain into a mold of an orc and then cut off its foot to piss it off, you’d get Srelok." Gulrok Ragehowl

Groshnok

Nosh'marak

I haven't really had a lot of strange dreams lately, but I remember when I was around 8 years old I had a reoccuring (and terrifying) dream.

It basically involved me, my brother, and my brother's old bully. The dream was almost always exactly the same, and it started with me walking into a room, where my brother was tied up and being literally beaten to death. He'd come back as a "zombie" and choke me, which led to me waking up from the dream. I was always incredibly scared because I looked up to my brother so much, and I always woke up sweating and sometimes even crying. It became so bad I had to go to a school curator and talk about them. Since those dreams I've never really had any remarkable ones, but eh.
"Dogs obey and whimper, wolves carve their own path with a roar! Let the Alliance hear your cries for battle! Rrosh'ka Valokh! For the Blood!"

Revax

When I was a kid I had a strange recurring dream:

Me and my family were sitting in a rowboat, floating on a pitchblack sea, everything was pitchblack in fact; the sky, the water everything but ourselves and the boat. Suddenly our pet cat would appear in the front of the boat, peering over the reeling. After awhile the cat would start rapidly shifting colors between all the rainbows colors. Then the dream would end. I would dream this at least once a month and I have no bloody clue why!

These days I very very very rarely remember my dreams at all.

Nosh'marak

I feel like the most lively dreams occur when you're a kid.
"Dogs obey and whimper, wolves carve their own path with a roar! Let the Alliance hear your cries for battle! Rrosh'ka Valokh! For the Blood!"

Srelok

I solved the weird dreams issue.

Don't. Fall. Asleep.

Srelok

Also, I had two weird dreams last night. In the first I was hired by SHIELD to become an agent. Dafaq...

The second I was hired by a game magazine to de reviews while everytime I went outside people were attacked by Komodo dragons..

Rashka

Here you go.. A weird dream I took time to write down before I fell asleep again (after some noseblod) these can get more weird, just saying.

I went to the kitchen, felt weird, took pictures of where my old cats food used to be. Next day I show my mom and it's not my cat but my sisters cat or something that's there as a ghost, well it looks normal but the cat never was there, he also now got wounds..
Scene shift, I'm together with some other people that I'm not sure who are, suddenly they start getting dragged away, and I can't see by what or who, so I start taking pictures, on the picture it's my mom that is sitting in her chair, but her arms is all zombie like and she got giant claws, her face is the same. I wake up in my dream, and I go to my mom obv scared cuz of the dream, we go to sit in the couch, but there's rat poo in it, so we move it, but then there's one giant poo in it.

That's pretty much when I wake up irl, I'm not sure where this part fits in, but I also dreamt my PC got some kinda virus that I couldn't remove, it was called hearthstone, like the game, but I couldn't remove it, and it took like a quarter of the right side of the screen, super odd virus or something I dunno lol
Rashka Facebreaker - Battlesworn of the Nag'Ogar

Groshnok

I also get a strangely common amount of dreams that involve my computer being infected by malware.