Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 08:22:13 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 280
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 191
Total: 191
191 Guests, 0 Users

The Spirit Link (Guild Chat & Cataclysm - Part 2)

Started by Garashna, November 24, 2010, 12:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garashna

The young orc was lost. He looked around to see if he could find any landmarks that could tell him where he was, but there was nothing that ringed any bells within his skull. Asking for help from his tribe members merely made things worse. The moment he tried to connect to the spirit link, his skull split open in a devastating pain. He had tried a few times, but his head was now feeling like a blacksmith's anvil. It pounded with every second as if his brain was about to burst out of his skull.
He looked around again. He was definately lost. He'd never dare face the chieftain again now. He had prided himself upon his knowledge of the landscape, but now....

The earth shook, as it had done so many times in the past weeks. The orc got down on his knees to steady himself. He was getting used to the earthquakes. They kept coming more often though and it seemed as if the shaking was more severe now. Perhaps he'd never truly get used to them. He waited for the shaking to stop before he got back onto his feet again. He barely stood up as the earth shook once again, more severely this time. He waited for it to stop, but it never did....

The headache felt like it was going to split his skull into two, he felt distant screams and echoes that reminded him of his own cries of pain. He suddenly felt a choir of agonised voices in his head. The voices of his tribesmen. Screeches, piercing howls, screams. His head pulsed and writhed and the cacophony of noise became louder and louder as the earth shook. From his left, he heard the sound of a tree being torn in half. And as he looked up, he saw the earth splitting in front of him.

He ran and ran, grabbing onto his skull to keep it from splitting in two. The screams of his tribesmen were gettling louder, and inbetween that, he heard more strange things. It was as if the ancestors of the tribe itself were screaming out in pain. He felt himself slip into a crack that just opened under his feet and he noticed he was slipping away into the depth.

He fell and landed onto an earth spike, only a few feet away from a thick, red substance. Burning, scalding Lava. He held onto the spike with his life. The screaming inside his head continued, as did the shaking of the earth.

And then the shaking stopped. The lands of Azeroth had been split. Deathwing flew over it, leaving a trail of destruction and devastation in his wake. And as everything stopped, so did the screaming in his head.

His headache was gone. The voices were gone. Everything was gone. He tried to reach out towards the spirit link and found... nothing. Emptiness.

And so, as Azeroth changed into a new world, the spirit link of the Orcs of the Red Blade ceased to exist. Who was going to help the poor trapped orc now?

--------------
(OOC: This story is similar to that of most orcs. During the Shattering, the spirit link will be filled with screams of orcs, spirits and ancestors. Now that the world is screwed, the spirit link is non-existant.

There will be an IC event soon to set it back up again, which will involve everyone that wants to join in. If we manage to set up everything properly and OOC communication goes well, we should have the guild chat back up and running before Cataclysm hits the stores.)

Morgeth

((*rubs hands* I like, I like it a lot. <3 Think this is an interesting insight to how things will be during the shattering.))
I want to be just like you. I figure all I need, is a lobotomy and some tights.