Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 03:43:22 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 307
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 268
Total: 268
268 Guests, 0 Users

Kei's Lament.

Started by Claws, June 10, 2008, 12:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claws

Taken from the journal of Kei.

Thoughts.

So he has gone.
I hope with all my soul that he finds peace at last, a peace he never had all the time he was Chieftain.

The word has flittered down to me.
Although my loyalty to the tribe had never wavered, even now while wandering in the outlands my thoughts go to the tribe, and to the Chieftain I could not stay true too because of his own oath i swore to him.

I was Orc in the true meaning of the word.
I would follow the law and the word of my Chieftain to the ends of the known world if required to do so.

“Taking orders should never be done with out thought Kei”,
The Chieftain had said this to me many times.
“Always question my orders Kei, make sure I have not been tainted with out side influences no matter what, always be true to the tribe, the tribe is all and comes before any one Orc swear this to me Kei”.
I took this oath with out second thought.

The Chieftain had sent out the order to take up residents within the Elf lands to do there dirty work and to become there fodder, may be even lay down the lives of Orcs for those who could not or would not put there own lives on the line for there own security.

This I disagreed with it was against all I had come to believe.
It was not the Orc way and no matter how much I protested this to the Chieftain as he had sworn me to do so he was not listening any more, his ears had been poisoned by the honey words of the Blood Elf’s and from those with in the tribe who had much to gain by his own death.
Those who swore there selves as blood brothers to the tribe and the Chieftain yet worked there own schemes from within.

In my eyes, he had lost his way.
It was not my way too blindly follow when it could jeopardise the tribe to the wants of others.
I was not going to become a lap dog to any other race.
Although others felt the same within the tribe they where to weak of mind to stand up for there selves and speak out and face being exiled as I have for carrying out my orders, and yet I would do it again if the situation dictated it.

It is the Orc way to lead in battle not to be led by flower pickers who’s whole outlook was to use any and all to achieve there goal, to find there god cursed arcane powers which they lost due to there own weakness.

Our lord Thrall had told us to work with the Blood Elf’s to assist them in remaking there homelands not to follow them blindly but watch them, and always be weary of there ways.
“The enemy of our enemy is our friend but not our equal”. Thralls own words to the Orc nation.

At one time, I sat at the Chieftains right hand giving advice, bowing to his every need doing his work away from the eyes and ears of others leaving the duty of peace or war in his hands.
However, I was always there.
Somewhere.
At meetings with allies or enemies not seen or heard unless required but listening to the words spoken.
My blades ready to go to his side if required.

I was their, to give my approval or refusal to those seeking to become part of the tribe.
Listening to Orcs and there not so secret meetings with the Chieftain at his request, hearing there vision on what the tribe should be, given the Chieftain my own views when it was asked for.
Marking the Orcs that need to be watched within the tribe those that had there own agendas, those that had plans of there own which would altimetry do damage to the tribe.

It was my job to keep the Orcs in line, my job to keep the tribe secure, to seek out dissension before it could take hold.
Yes, I had sent many an Orc of with there heads bowed low to find peace at the bottom of a mug of ale.
However, this had made the tribe stronger, it was the way of the Orc to rid it self of the weak.

The weak had left the tribe of there own free will, realising they had not the discipline the tribe demanded, they would sulk off into the world only to show there faces again amongst the tribe when they deemed the time right to put there schemes into play.

Is it to early to partition my self to once again enter the tribe to stand with my brothers and sisters who meant so much to me?
Alternatively, is it a lost cause to try to carry on with the vision which has been past down from Orc to Orc?
Had the power hungry already influenced the Orcs to a point where it was too late?

Kei finished her daily report in her journal reflecting on her words they where direct but as always to the point they said what had to be said.
Wrapped it in the ancient leather which made the Journal secure from prying eyes which would use it to better there own cause.
The journal would disintegrating if it was not opened by her hand keeping it save so nobody could read her words with out her consent.
Words that had been shared with all the great leaders of the tribe, but for now was placed in its hiding place.

Said a silent prayer to her Chieftain, to Koz and a friendship that went, a lot deeper then most Orc only dreamed.

Whistled her wolf mount that was running around chasing the wild life for his own amusement,
Tightened her blades to her belt and readied herself for the meeting that she had been requested to attend with loyal Orc from the tribe.
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Greggar

(( a very nice read :) nice to see Claws visions, as they are interesting and true in some ways ))
Because orcs are green..Doesn't mean they can do photosynthesis..Or can they?

Dogar

(( A very different directionr then you "It is done Lord" story, but an interesting story indeed! ))
Xaryah Stormward.

Formerly known as Dogar Stormward, Chieftain.

Nahe ~ Coach of Team Tof ~ Blood Bowl (online) <DoW> season 1 ~ Pink yet deadly!

Claws

Quote from: Dogar on June 10, 2008, 01:01:11 PM
(( A very different directionr then you "It is done Lord" story, but an interesting story indeed! ))

((No same story Dogar and ties together may be more mellow then my normal though  ::) ))

Thanks for the comments
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Drakash

(( Indeed Claws, nice to see the reflections of other orcs, be it young or old (blood). :) ))
00:18:13 [Y] [Carlohater]: im not a moster.... IM AN ORC!