Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 05:56:32 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 247
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 241
Total: 241
241 Guests, 0 Users

Epilogues?

Started by Therak, August 02, 2012, 07:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Therak

Every once in a while, I get thinking on the topic of epilogues. What if WoW closed down tomorrow. What if the RP ended? What epilogue would -you- write for your character(s)? I find it helps me to put things into perspective. Think just where my character is headed if things continue in their current direction.
Anyone else ever do this? Anything you wish to share?
I'm almost done with the latest one, and I'll post it in this topic (rather then the Campfire) as it's not really IC, it's more a "what if".

Made one of these threads years back, in another guild. Turned out to be an interesting read, would be great fun if others would share theirs!
Think, assess, act.

Kozgugore

OOCly, me and Morg actually kind of agreed that our characters (Koz and Morg) would have some sort of a "happily ever after"-ending, were it all to end. Settle down with a big family of children somewhere out in Nagrand or something, until Koz would be too old and would lead himself to his "last hunt" to die a proper death. We've actually been thinking of doing some of this future RP together just for the fun of it sometime. As far as epilogues are concerned though, that's sorta along the lines of which it would come down to. We even got the future spouse all figured out. They're gonna have their hands full just yet!

Anyway, I agree it's an interesting topic, and I'll keep my eye out for what others have in mind for theirs.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Okiba

Krog is fairly obvious really, He'l die doing his duty, be it in silence, glory or just of old age while sitting guard to the Chieftains hut. it may be roleplayed out one day, but no time soon.

I'l maybe write up a short story sometime soon as an example. But as long as he dies doing his duty, both he, and me, would be content and very pleased, As i walked into the concept of this character being quite willing to die to defend his chieftain or for whatever errand he may be sent on (great or small).
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Regorn

Whould it be cheating for me as I have already "done" my epilogue?  ;)
"Names does not matter, only who you are" - An old Friend from past, Thar'grash Thunderfury

Kozgugore

Quote from: Krogon on August 02, 2012, 02:02:37 PM
Krog is fairly obvious really, He'l die doing his duty, be it in silence, glory or just of old age while sitting guard to the Chieftains hut. it may be roleplayed out one day, but no time soon.
Does this mean Koz might one day step outside of his hut, wondering what that smell is, only to fall over a dead Krogon body? D: Ew!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Okiba

I'l put up "Trip Hazard" signs, on great Hut dwelling one. though you'l have to provide your own odour eating devices.

Thrash'Nak

Great idea, really great actually.. Cause this is something i wonder about -all- the time! As for Grogona, i see her either killing herself if someone close too her dies or again if someone close too her gets killed, she'll get killed trying too revenge or protect someone.. Big heart and shit. ^^
Nothing comes easy, and besides nothing easy is worth having.

Sadok

Interesting question. I've always been an advocate for laissez-faire RP rather than stringently plotting everything out, so I'm not quite sure where the Sadok character will be in a year or two.

But if WoW shut down tomorrow?

I'd imagine Sadok would settle down into a quiet familial existence with Vash, raising and teaching his cub whilst continuing to work occasionally on personal projects of interest from the Arcane Enclave. Funnily enough, I'd actually imagine him quite content in the short-term at least.

It's quite the about-turn from his initial conception (i.e. power, glory and preeminence or die trying), but it seems somehow fitting that a power-hungry, belligerent and arrogant magus ends up with a slow, mundane existence somewhere quiet in the Barrens - and actually ends up enjoying it.

Either that or Krogon beats him to death with a sandal for cracking one too many jokes.

Therak

Well, here's my epilogie for Therak!

The silence of the camp was broken by one of Theraks cough attacks. Most of the orcs were out, and the few who were not, slept. But not Therak, coughs and pain kept him awake. It wouldn't be long now, he was too weak to even sit up by now.

Things had gone quickly, just two days ago he'd been fighting with the others. But he had taken a bad hit from a spell. When he woke up in the camp, he couldn't walk without help. The next morning, standing was beyond him. Everyone knew he wouldn't recover.

The coughing wouldn't stop, it got past the point where he even tried to draw breath. This was it, wasn't it? Therak forced one last grin, before growing still. Eyes staring sightlessly up at the sky.

When he opened his eyes, the sky was clear, the sun just rising above the horizon. He felt the soft grass beneath him, he was lying on his back, hands behind his head as a pillow. It smelled of spring, that fresh, clear smell. Just the vaguest hint of flowers, it smelled of... life. Nearby he could hear the singing of a stream.
A gentle breeze danced over him, bringing with it the smell of food, and the sounds of laughter. Smiling to himself, he got to his feet, and looked out over the landscape. In front of him was a hill. A small dirt road leading up to a cabin, his cabin. The one he once had in Winterspring, the first one, before the fire.
On the hill, backs against him, he could see his mate, as he remembered her, young, strong and fit. She was playing with their children, a son and a daughter.
Therak set off running, with a speed he hadn't been able to reach for years. No longer bothered by his bad knee, his bare feet sinking into the grass.
”Father! You're here!” His children towards him, their playing forgotten. He gathered them up in a bear hug, walking over to his mate, she was smiling. Spirits, she had a beautiful smile. He put his forehead against hers, smiling back. There was no need for words. He was home.

Down on the other side of the stream, he could see Chill. His old worg. The one he'd raised himself, trained, and lost during a fight. She had cubs of her own. she was watching them wrestle eachother. She looked pleased. Chill took her watchful gaze from her cubs for a moment, meeting Theraks gaze. She seemed to grin, her tail wagging faintly.

Above circled Frosty, the wyvern he'd ridden. Long dead up in the North. A stalwart companion. Loyal to a fault, but never the playful companion he'd found in Chill. Letting his mate go, Therak raised an arm in greeting, recieving a loud roar in reply.

”Took your sweet time didn't you!” Therak turned, seeing his brother. Broad and strong, striding towards him purposely. Not sure of his intentions, Therak was startled to say the least, when his brother gathered him up in a big hug, lifting him up in the air, the air ringing with laughter.
”Welcome home brother, it's good to see you.” For once, Therak was at a loss for words. ”You'll want to have a wander over to the village later, Mother and Father will want to speak to you.”

The sun was setting, Therak was cleaning up after the dinner, giving himself some time to think. He was dead, and that meant many letters and messages would get around. The Chieftain would get one, that was sure, and Morgeth. Neither of them would be pleased about what they learned, but that didn’t make it less important. The Chieftain had to know about Morgeth, and what had happened those years ago, the full story. And Morgeth… She’d hate him for the last gift she’d get. Hate him even further then she already did. But she wouldn’t decline it, she wouldn’t ruin his life’s work. And even if she tried, there were fail-safes in place. But she was the Varog’Gor Highblade, she was in the best position to put it to use.
Therak nodded to himself, those things were well taken care of. His money would continue to be spent in the same manner, that was assured. He wondered for a moment about his pyre. Who would light it? Would it be a silent, solemn business? Or a loud affair, with heavy drinking and false singing? After a moment, he realized that it didn’t really matter. Dead was dead. And he certainly was just that.
Frowning for a moment, Therak finally realized, he had done all he could. “I guess it’s up to them now…” With a smile he went back out to his family. And for the first time in his life, he truly relaxed. No more planning, no more plotting and no more worries.
Think, assess, act.

Thrash'Nak

That is amazing. :b I gotta write one too.. Challenge accepted! But grog there was no challenge.. *Ignores self* CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! ROAR. Great read. ^^
Nothing comes easy, and besides nothing easy is worth having.

Lomrak

Awww. That was really nice Therak. I'm not one much for writing stuff, but I think Lom'rak would return his his solitary existance if the tribe were to break apart. Maybe he'd take Keish with him. Who knows. It's hard to get into his mind when I'm not RPing him. He'd likely spend the rest of his days wandering the lands, never straying too long in heavily-populated areas, living off of the land and maybe hiring out his steel. Whatever the case, Lom's death will be a violent affair. Be it fighting for The Red Blades, or in some merc outfit, he will definately end his days a warrior.

Maybe I'll write something up in the future.
A wise orc will not try to spread his wisdom amongst monkeys.

Sadok

Quote from: Lomrak on August 03, 2012, 12:01:51 AM
Maybe he'd take Keish with him. Who knows.

Whether or not she wants to! *gets the net*

Grekthar

Assuming everything goes well, I'd like to think Grek would just settle down maybe with Rhonya and do that whole family raising thing.
Assuming of course that no demonic shenanigans or old demon worshipping boyfriends or undead cults come knocking by. In which case Grek would probably be like "Sigh, one moment my love." and go about kicking their asses till they learned to leave well enough alone :)

I feel like I'm the only sane one in this Tribe. And I have four elementals living in my skull!

Okiba

Krogon - epilogue

Krogon took a breath, His parched bloodied tongue causing him to wince as he dragged dry air into his lungs.

It had come to a final Decisive exchange of blows. And he'd Dealt a killing one. As the short pained breaths filled him with a renewed vigour, he felt it and buckled over. Falling to a knee and then slumping forward to place both his bruised hands on ther dry dusty earth, he felt the pain run through his side. He'd Taken a killing blow too.

Running his left hand across his lower abdomen he found a clean but deep wound, raising the hand back to his face to inspect, he saw blood. Black blood. It had gone through his liver, he didnt have long. Those who saw Blood of that sinister colour oozing from their body never did.

He shuddered, the cold throbbing sensation radiating up through his body, overcoming his senses. Clenching his hands he lowered himself onto his chest then rolled over, clasping his Adamantite blade firmly in his right hand, he'd die with sword in hand at the least.

Not when you expected, Not when you would have preffered. but that doesnt matter now, you knew this day would come one way or another...

His breathing became shallow, strained efforts. Normally you would breathe without thinking, but with the Dark blood seeping from his body uncontrollably it felt more and more as a personal battle and effort. Be it five minutes, ten or twenty... he was alone out here on this dusty plain, The tribe would not find him, and even then there was little they could do but ease his pains.

Rescue didnt matter, and the others would understand. This was the way of our kind, We fought, we died. They all knew deep down somewhere that this day would come. What did matter was that his mission was done, That hated foe now dead in the dust not ten yards from where he lay. He'd obeyed his chieftain and kept to his oath, Death in the line of sacred duty, A Blademaster could hope for nothing else.

Shazula will be proud, in that fickle heart she will understand that i have fulfilled my purpose, she will not weep but smile for me.

his Daughter was one of his few precious treasures. Through a life of war and loss he'd managed to create and be re-united with something he himself could be proud of. A Daughter, a Spirit-walker, a Tribe member. His Fathers pride came second to his duty, but it was something he fostered close to his old heart to get him through darker days.

This isnt like how the story's tell it, This isnt how the Bards sing it.

His body shuddered, a lightning bolt of pain running up from the deep wound, Gasping for precious air with a hiss of pain. It felt like ice was numbing his body, working its way up the limbs to his heart. His legs and arms felt powerless now. sound and sight became warped. He struggled to focus his thoughts as breathing became a lost battle.

Grasping his sword tight for reassurance, he closed his eyes and smiled. What sounded like horns echoed in the back of his mind, the howling of wolves with the yells of their riders came from some distant place. Had the Tribe come?

Too late, my brothers and sisters of the pack, too late. my duty is done and i howl with you no more,  i go to dwell with the spirits... For the blood.

Krogon let out a breath as he felt a firm mailed hand placed on his chest, they had come and found him. Though it was too late, the strength to draw breath was gone, all faded to cold dark...

Trakmar

If Wow did shut down tomorrow, eh?

I imagine Trakmar would most likely return to Draenor. Either to find the remnants of his clan, and reclaim his old village, or simply live the rest of his life in solitude, in the wilderness.

While he thinks he could become a good father, it is not likely he'd start a family. He is too busy running around in among trees and grass.
"We do not kill - We Hunt
We do not enslave - We tame
There is no good and evil - Only instinct"