Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 12:04:09 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 212
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 217
Total: 217
217 Guests, 0 Users

Application - Kuuruk Soulsorrow

Started by KuurukSoulsorrow, December 23, 2015, 08:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KuurukSoulsorrow

Name of Character - Kuuruk Soulsorrow

Class - Death Knight

Level - 85 (Still leveling)

Roleplaying Experience in Wow:
I started rolepalying in World of Warcraft when i started playing the game back in Wrath of the Lich King, i had been a roleplayer on Warcraft Frozen Throne for the longest time, and i thought roleplaying as a single character having intense story development within a world that's constantly changing seemed right up my alley. So i decided to start roleplaying in WoW from the get go, and i have been roleplaying ever since. SO that makes 4-5 years of roleplaying experience on Alliance and Horde, on multiple guilds.

Background/Short story of Kuuruk:
Kuurk did not choose to live beyond death. To live as a vessel of destruction, but it seemed to be the life he found himself in. A life devoid of all emotion he considered dear, with no memory of his past.

In life, Kuuruk was born to the Dragonmaw on the year 0, when the Dark Portal opened and the Orcish Horde of old began the exploration of Azeroth before the first war, and like many others, Kuuruk was going to be one of the many warriors of the Old Horde who were going to be biologically aged by Warlocks to fuel the war machine. With no childhood to look back on, he ws nothing to the Horde but another life to throw into the depths of battle when the war against Stormwind came, knowing nothing of Clan heritage or pride, only conflict and war is all he would come to know as his life drew on. Kuuruk fought in these bloody wars, but always saw interest in what his Clan were, what they stood for and the tranditions and honour of battle they swore by, but knew nothing as he was nothing to the Horde but pure cannon fodder as every other soldier was. And this is all he believed to be, a soldier nothing more.

This would be the case all the way through the wars, fighting, fighting and even more fighting, learning little bits of the various clans as time went on, learning more of who his people used to be, what life is beyond conflict, beyond the merciless killing of Humans. But to him he didn't know this, he was biologically aged by the warlocks as many others were, and this curiosity would continue all the way until the end of the Second War, when he was imprisoned within Durnholde rather than surviving to Grim Batol and Draenor with the rest of the Dragonmaw Clan.

During this time in the Camps, it allowed him to reflect for a single moment on the person he was, the honour he had forsaken as the battles went on, and the women and children were killed by his hand. And the time he spent in the camps to backbreaking labour, misfeeding led him to believe that he deserved that fate, and that if he was ever freed...he would seek redemption and honour the key values of true Orcish society, and fight with pride and respect.

(Skipping ahead to avoid going on forever on his history XD)

He fought alongside his New Horde throughout the Third War and all of the battles that overcame the Horde in respect of the promise he had made to himself, in redemption of the atrocities that he commited during the Wars of the past. But eventually he fell, death overcame the Orc who was dragging into his late 40s and early 50s. He honestly believed for that moment he had fulfilled his promise and was redeemed of his honour, and died like a true Orc should have...in battle.

Risen, risen as an instrument of death, destruction and misery...is what Kuuruk awoke to be, with no disgust of himself, devoid of all emotion and lacking in memory of who he used to be. Risen as a death knight in service to the Scourge he was mentally and physically bound to servitude, to destroy all living as all other Scourge were, but he did not repent as he killed in the name of the scourge, for he lacked the emotion to do so, but instead was the instrument of what he fought hard  to redeem himself for.

(Sorry this seems so skipped, im just trying to keep this short enough XD)

But Kuuruk was also present at Light's Hope Chapel under the service of Darion Mograine, fighting paladins and holy men alike, fighting with no purpose, just killing as every other Scourge minion would be doing, but this battle would also be the one that would open Kuuruks eyes to the truth, as the rest of the Death Knights of the Scourge realized the crimes and the lies of the Lich King, Kuuruk was one of the many Death Knights who betrayed the Scourge and joined either the Alliance or Horde.

And it still left Kuuruk the question he never got to answer, who as he? What kind of person was he in life, and how would he shape himself now. This is the journey Kuuruk takes, as a knight of death it would be his goal and his journey as a character to find new purpose, new servitude and use his skills to bring glory to whomever he seeks to serve, and rediscover who he used to be.

Question: Just a question, is there any restrictions on Armor? Im just curious what would be the restrictions to certain armour sets for classes etc. THANK YOU =D

Rhonya

Hello Kuuruk!
First of all, welcome to the forums! I've taken a peek at your application and I must say, I really enjoyed reading this story! It seems well thought out, and some effort put into it, so that's a big plus already.
One thing I'm sliiightly confused over is that you mention he's born in the year 0, but when he dies he is late 40's? It's now the year 35, so then he'd be more around that age. Unless you meant that he'd be around that 'age' because of the accelerated growth, then it does make sense. Just to clear things up for me. ;)

That's not a major issue at least, so I'd like to point you to the next step, which is a simple IC interview ingame with one of the officers or senior members! You can find the list of names right here: http://orcsoftheredblade.com/forum/index.php?topic=2440.0
Simply poke any of these people online and they'll be able to help you further.

It might be a little quiet coming days due to christmas and such, but don't let that discourage you, we'll manage something.

Good luck and hope to see you soon ingame!
~Rhonya
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

KuurukSoulsorrow

Yeah that's what i meant, his accelerated age meant he would be around his late 40s, but in actual age he'd be around 35 that sort of age, still relatively young. But yeah just a little mix up i forgot to mention!

Rhonya

That's alright!

About your armor question by the way, we don't really have any armor restrictions. Basically you can wear what you wish, though of course some orcs might raise some eyebrows ICly at extremely shiny and flashy glowing things. ;)
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."