Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 06:50:54 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 189
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 137
Total: 137
137 Guests, 0 Users

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17
Member Spotlight: Nosh'marak

Our last Member Spotlight dates back from before the guild's previous hiatus, which means it's high time to put some of our active and finest members in the spotlight again! Though it's been a long time in the making, it's finally time for Nosh'marak Ironclaw to shine and be recognized! As one of the clan's newest officers as a Rrosh-tul and not to mention one of the clan's few token Alternate Universe orcs from Draenor, he's sure to have an interesting thing or two to say about his time with Orcs of the Red Blade!

How did you end up joining Orcs of the Red Blade, and why? Are there any earliest memories that stick out, perhaps?
It's actually a pretty standard story! I was playing and RPing my hunter, but had an Orc warrior stashed away at around level 30. I decided to start RPing him, first as a Warsong raider, but then ended up switching to a Blademaster after a short bit. I was talking to my friend about which guild to join and which ones are the best for Orc RP, and the name Orcs of the Red Blade caught my attention! I looked it up, having never heard of it, and I was very intrigued - so I sent in my application and waited the most dreadful wait in my WoW time. I was so excited to join this guild; it looked amazing!

As for early memories, I think the one I remember the most was when Vanara and Kyrazha tested some poison on my first Orc and left his arm completely numb for a while! It really just stuck out to me as the atmosphere during the occurence was friendly, something that I wasn't really expecting for a scenario where someone was, y'know, poisoning a New Blood. It got me even more intrigued than before. Fun times!

Is there anything in particular that made you decide to stick with ORB ever since you joined?
Well, quite frankly, it has to be the quality and general atmosphere both IC and OOC! Events were always top-notch, everyone had a way to be included, and there wasn't a lot of division. Everyone RPed with everyone, which was a change from what I'd experienced previously on Argent Dawn. Thankfully it hasn't changed since then - It's still as welcoming as ever! No-one gets bashed on for being inexperienced, but rather get helped with growing and becoming better at roleplay, and in some cases even maturing as a person!

What are your fondest memories throughout the years you've had with ORB? Any orcs, events or personal RP that stuck out or were particularly enjoyable to you?
Oh goodness. There's been a lot of great moments, but I think the stuff that's really stuck with me has been the times when other Orcs and guild friends have helped with some of Nosh'marak's character development; such as when Rhonya and Srelok assisted him (and me OOC!) with his path to becoming a Shaman. It was a hell of a fun journey and it definitely proved to be one of the best I've ever made RP-wise. It's definitely helped Nosh stick out quite a bit as a Shattered Hand.

Another thing has to be the more personal things, such as Makaroth's and Nosh'marak's friendship, or Sadok being welcoming towards him. These things also served to bring him better in to, what was at the time, the Red Blade tribe, and kickstarted his journey as a character! It definitely opened up a lot of possibilities at the start of said story lines, but even more possibilities when they were sort of tied up and finished.

On the topic of orc RP in general, is there anything that sticks out for you? For example, is there anything you'd like to see more of in everyday RP, or concepts that might seem really cool to you or such?
Quite frankly I think people need to stop being afraid of being diverse! I see a bunch of the same character concepts every day, but there's a whole world of other concepts yet to be explored! It doesn't have to be overdone, but it's more a matter of adding your own twist to it. Nothing too extreme, but something to distinguish yourself from the masses. It's not something I see a big problem within our own guild per say, but it's something I'd say the Orc scene in general suffers from. There's no defined way for an Orc to be, even though there's obviously more and less common ways, so don't be afraid to try out a reasonable concept that someone else might say is crap!

Carrying on with that subject, we all know by now that the Mag'har from the alternate Draenor universe will soon become an allied race. You have been RPing one for a couple of years now already, however. Is there anything in particular about an AU orc that appeals to you, perhaps more so than an orc from the main universe? What makes them so fun or interesting for you?
Well, I'd say what interests me about playing an AU orc the most is the fact that there's a vast amount of things and places still unknown to them, and I feel it makes for some interesting RP. For example, an AU Orc who sees a Tauren for the first time would probably be quite confused, but perhaps intrigued to learn more about them. That, along with a story of redemption for the crimes of the Iron Horde, is what sets them apart for me.

As for tips for future AU roleplayers, I'd say to not overdo it, but also don't be afraid to explore the possibilities. Make sure your character has a sensible reason for joining the Horde, and make sure not to rush it. It's easy to make an AU Orc who never joined the Iron Horde, or one who defected due to the values of the Iron Horde, but the thing that you have to pull off is giving them a reason that reflects their personality. Nosh'marak for example never had a family or comrades, and when he stumbled in to the Red Blade in Tanaan, he realized that was something he'd missed. Things like that. Contrast and reflection to their past and present.
Note: Below was part of our 2018 April Fools joke. Sadly, we'll not be worshipping any rabbits, sloths or pandas (just yet)!

New Great Spirits Uncovered

It has been mere months since the tribe has reformed into the mighty Red Blade clan and has found guardians to be watching over them once again. What they did not know, however, was that there are more patrons watching over the clan, some even new to the pantheon of Akashok himself. In recent discoveries, the Thur’ruk of the clan have been digging deep into the lore of the clan and have uncovered a few more of those guardians of the Red Blade. Due to their discovery, they have started to work their ways into the dreams of the orcs, to let themselves be known to the clan and that they are watching over them.

Ukwa Ukwa
Ukwa Ukwa has always been on the background of the first litter of Akashok and Akala. He has always been eager to impress the rest of the pack yet never found himself capable of actually doing so, whether this was due to his bad luck, or simply because he seems incapable of doing anything that would be described as simple to a normal orc, has not actually been described. Some encounter this revered spirit whilst he is listening to the rocks below, stating that he can hear what the smallest of pebbles has to say. It is because of this, that he is also known as “Pebblespeaker”. No matter how they encounter him, he is always too fast for his own good, often tripping on his own legs and causing him to assume an almost groveling appearance as he face-plants in front of his summoners.

Brambleson
Back when the universe was still young, the spirits gave birth to noble creatures to defend against the cinders of wrathful, dark energies. These were beings created as vigilant soldiers, blessed with speed, keen senses, and valour beyond measure. These were the rabbits. They stood firm against the evil remnants of what came before... all but one rabbit, that is. That is Brambleson, chief of all Rabbits. As he threw his subjects into glorious battle, he could only cower and covet their heroism. When the endless darkness came, it was simply too strong, only the combined force of all the rabbits could stand against it. So Brambleson asked for his subjects to lend him their courage. Reluctantly in the face of danger, they did. When Brambleson faced this evil, he was scared beyond belief and ran off like he always did before, leaving all the rabbits without any of their bravery; scared of their own shadow. Akashok took pity on this creature and allowed him into his pack.
As a patron of the clan, Brambleson represents the fleet footed. When called upon, he comes only after a long while when he knows he is safe, asking the summoner to whisper instead of calling, for it might reveal his location.

The Elder One
Contrary to popular belief, the name of the Elder One is not associated with any sort of cult. Unless the reverence that the clan upholds is counted among that of a cult, in which case it is. The Elder One is named more so because of her actual state of being. Another name that she goes by is Tevaga. Just like Brambleson, this one does not hold the privilege of being a wolf within the pantheon of Akashok. This sloth represents the calm that resides within everyone. Unlike the rest, she does not actually show herself too quickly to the rest of the clan as she is often too busy sleeping or hanging in trees, undisturbed by anything happening around her. She preaches that her followers should take at least 12 hours of relaxation for too much exertion would lead to the quick withering of the husks that are their bodies.

Hakak
Hakak has only been a recent addition to the pantheon itself. As youngest member of the pantheon, Hakak has done well for himself in taking over more domains within this religious group. When the mists had gone and the island been made visible, Hakak had left the land they call Pandaria. Being a mixture of a black bear and a white bear, this was no place for him. They all called him terrible names, such as “Fatty”, “Blackeye”, and “Panda”. Little did the rest know that he is actually a panda bear. Born with insatiable hunger, Hakak eats everything that is laying around or things that don’t have roots that run too deep. He ever wanders the earth, looking to quench his appetite. He has even gone so far as to eat other spirits of the pantheon, relinquishing their domains and becoming the patron of theirs as well. The only reason no one speaks up to him, is that they are afraid that they might be next and enter his gullet. He preaches that his followers seek out to taste at least everything in life, that way they are able to recognise everything simply from the taste. Even poison... or so they say. There hasn’t been anyone that can actually confirm the last part, probably because they all perished from the excessive poison intake.

Thanks go to Kogra Windwatcher for sharing these discoveries with us!
Chapter 2: The Honor of Orcs

The Burning Legion has been defeated, yet the world is not at rest. It is wounded - a god's blade having pierced its heart - and the Horde and Alliance quarrel over its scraps. Meanwhile, however, other denizen of the world have not been sitting idle.

In the absence of the Horde's military from the homelands, old enemies have been allowed to grow unchecked. Four months ago, the Red Blade already witnessed first hand how the Kolkar clan in the Northern Barrens had grown in discomforting number. Its local leader, Warlord Krerak, had tolerated the Red Blade's incursion upon their lands in exchange for eliminating the Burning Blade threat atop Dreadmist Peak. Now, however, the Kolkar have grown ever more confident with the increase in their numbers. Raids upon caravans and locals are a common occurrence as the Red Blade, too, witnessed when the son of a local pig farmer begged for their aid as his family's home was attacked by a Kolkar raiding party led by one of its champions, Worza. Sargeras' piercing blade intervened the battle that ensued that evening, but it was undoubtedly not the last encounter the orcs will have had with the emboldened Kolkar clan...

The second campaign of the Red Blade's story line is about to be unfolded! From 25 March until 29 April, we will have a whole month of dedicated storytelling for the second chapter of a larger story that is to come! You will be able to follow the entire campaign, along with summaries of what transpired at each event, in the dedicated forum thread of The Honor of Orcs campaign in case you miss any event or want to read up on what happened.

So, if you're looking for a time to come back for some exciting storytelling or were waiting for a perfect time to join us, that time has come! We hope to see you all there!
The Road to Battle for Azeroth

The end of another expansion is upon us, with the beginning of a whole new one to come! Looking back, Legion has been a bit of a strange expansion for us. It started with a multitude of phasing issues on the Broken Isles, which in part resulted in the guild's ultimate hiatus. It ended, however, with the guild's return in a bigger and better way than it's ever seen before!

Though the concept may have been upgraded, the guild's members and its atmosphere remains just the same as ever before: open-minded and welcome to all newcomers! This is a trend we hope to continue leading up to the very end of the Legion expansion, as well as the entirety of Battle for Azeroth to come. Our recruitment will remain open, but at the same time, we will make renewed efforts to bring back the immersive, grandiose campaigns that we started this reboot off with. The centerpiece of these campaigns will be one particular word:

Chapters!
You thought the Return of the Red Blade campaign was just the only one? As a matter of fact, it was only the first chapter to plenty more to come! Moving forward, we have a larger, overarching narrative in mind for the guild. Our aim will be to have a long-term vision for where we want to take the guild and its primary story line. To do this, we intend to tell this story over the course of many different chapters, each of which touching upon a piece of orcish culture or the background of the old Red Blade clan.

With these chapters, we hope to place quality above quantity. Rather than to run one campaign after another and wearing our members out, we will allow random RP and social interaction with both our own members and outsiders to flourish as well. In between these campaign breaks, we hope to promote orc RP with the rest of the world of Azeroth in the more usual RP hubs and perhaps even see if we can share a bit more with the community in terms of community events. Meanwhile, each of these chapters should, much like the Return of the Red Blade campaign, be a perfect opportunity for newcomers to join the guild whilst playing an integral part in the campaign's story line. Which brings us to the next point of this update...

Recruitment!
With the arrival of Mag'har orcs and upright postures for orcs, it's a safe bet to assume more players will take an interest in trying out orcs. While most of these may only try out the race for a brief stint before they return to their old mains, there's a fair chance some might be tempted to stay. In addition to the aforementioned community events, another (familiar) incentive we will have to promote ourselves will be another brand, new guild trailer! You can count on plenty more epicness and cameos once we start shooting the newly released content and glorious straight backs. So if you're a member, make sure to stay tuned for any announcements on that in the near future! After all, we like doing things back for our long-term, active members, which is why we also have...

New banners!
As per Red Blade tradition, we like to reward some of our most active orcs with places on our website banners. Since the guild's return, we were yet to make any new ones featuring orcs that have (re)joined us since our revival, but that has been presently corrected! If you don't want to keep on refreshing the pages until you've seen all of them, you can check out all of our new (and old) banners in this thread.

Feeling down because your orc didn't get featured in the banner just yet? Not to worry! We hope to give the banners a regular update as people become more or less active, and we'll perhaps even throw in one or two extra banners if the need arises! Alternatively, if not for the banners or recruitment trailer, you might still end up being featured in the Member Spotlight instead, which will soon make a return as well!

All in all, we have big plans for you all come 2018 and Battle for Azeroth! We hope to see you all share the journey with us!

For the Blood of Redblade!
From the Ashes, Arise a Clan

The deed has been done. The Burning Blade remnants have been defeated and, in the face of adversity, the Red Blade has arisen anew as a unified clan. Following the teachings of the Great Wolf Akashok and his pantheon of Great Spirits, the clan will move forward into a new era. Though now a clan, outsiders who hail from other clans will still be welcomed as they always have. After all, it has long been among the traditions of the Red Blade, even in the times of the Old World, that clan blood would be mixed with those of others considering its rooted history as a war band from the apocryphal times of Draenor. As a result, outsider clan customs or traditions may continue to be upheld, so long as none of these conflict with those of the Red Blade clan. Not only will the Red Blade be a place of tradition and spiritualism, but it will also be a place of unification for orcs who hail from all different banners, to stand together underneath a single colour.

What does this mean?
All in all, this means that the guild is officially back in business! Recruitment has opened up once more, which can be done in the Applications forums or by contacting us in-game, and IC promotions will follow on the first upcoming Clan Gathering. We will also continue on defining the clan's culture and religion as time passes by, with the Great Spirits no doubt making their return in future campaigns or plots! Of course, they may be used for people's own personal RP by their own choosing as well, as the primary OOC purpose of the Great Spirits is to help provide an anchor for both old but especially new orc RPers that will help refine their cultural RP. After all, not everyone may be equally well versed in expressing an orc in everyday RP, but cultural and religious hooks such as the Red Blade Culture and the Great Spirits should hopefully help people along in making their orcs feel more like orcs! Of course, should anyone have any further questions about these, don't hesitate to ask! As always, the Frequently Asked Questions topic will be there to answer general questions as well.

What if I missed all the action?
Have no fear! Even if you didn't attend the ongoing reboot campaign, you won't have necessarily missed a thing! You can find a complete summary of everything that happened on each single event in the Campaign: Return of the Red Blade thread. You can also find all of the newly gained lore and knowledge in all of the corresponding topics, some of which are listed above. Others, such as the usual rank topics and the like, can be found at the top of the front page in the Red Blade Compendium or on the right hand side of the website in the Quick Links block. And of course, you needn't worry about having to learn all of this from scratch! The best way to learn all of this is by doing, so if you're a new member or wish to join, it's not mandatory to read up on every little piece of lore scattered on this website. Everything will be taught and experienced IC as time passes by!

So, here's to another glorious twelve years! For the Blood of Redblade!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17