Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 08:16:52 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 239
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 195
Total: 195
195 Guests, 0 Users

New Years RL meeting?

Started by Therak, August 03, 2012, 07:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Therak

Hey there orcs. Nothing set in stone, but I am interested to know what you lot would think of this idea. Me and Muz have held one before, with special guests like Koz and Morgy, and it turned into a very pleasant few days. So I'm interested in knowing of people would be interested to meet up and celebrate new years with other orcs.
Location would be Malmö, which is in southern Sweden (Closest airport for those who'd fly, would be Copenhagen airport).
One rule I feel a need to state beforehand, would be that drinking is fine. But within limits, it's not to be a boozefest. And anyone who gets to drunk they pass out, or throw up are likely to get thrown out. We're aiming at a nice pleasant few days.

So, interested? Post here and we'll see what we can pull off!
Think, assess, act.

Lomrak

Depending on army stuff, I'd be well up for that.
A wise orc will not try to spread his wisdom amongst monkeys.

Groshnakk

I love this idea. But thrown out because of heavy drinking? You do know you invite danes (and Moz). Saying that, i assume sleepover is a part of the whole deal?

Vashnarz

I love the idea however I don't think a New years guild meet is such a great time to do it. Cause I know for me I like to spend time with my family during new years as its the only time I get to see the smelly pit stain of a brother. So I love the idea but maybe a differant time

Lomrak

Guess I should've revised my earlier post a bit. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I was brought up around people who drank, maybe not excessively but they still knew how to enjoy their alcohol. On holidays or at social gatherings I tend to drink. I'm not the sort of guy who'll pass out/throw up in/on your car or anything (except for that one time in Wickham, which has never been repeated) but I do enjoy a good pint or five at a night out, or even a few bottles with my mates chilling. I don't know how one could expect to have a social gathering of adults (or young adults at the very least) that lasts for a few days without some alcohol being involved. Now obviously it's not like I'd expect everyone to get completely pyjama'd,  but to throw a person out of a do because they had a bit too much to drink? That's just cold man.

As for the New Year's thing, I don't really tend to do much with the family for that anymore, people having moved on and whatnot, but for the sake of other people and to make sure as many of us could attend as possible, would it not be wiser to hold said gathering at a more convenient time? Holidays tend to be when one spends time with the family. But that's just my opinion anyway.

So yeah this is my revised comment. I still think it's a great idea and would love to attend.
A wise orc will not try to spread his wisdom amongst monkeys.

Kozgugore

On the other hand, it's on holidays like these that most people would likely have the most time and/or opportunity to get out of their own country and spend a few nights elsewhere. Considering the busy-ish year that I'll be dealing with, this kind of time would likely be one of the only ones I'd have a fair chance of being able to visit.

One way or another, I'll see what I can do! Nice to hear about these again, anyway. I can fully endorse the fun and tomfoolery these people can have in store for you, even without alcohol. *nodnod*
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Therak

First off, there's no ban on alcohol. I just expect people to act like responsible adults when drinking. Have a few beers, some wine or such. But I don't want anyone so drunk that things get out of hand.
I do sadly feel the need to be clear on that rule beforehand, since it'll just get feelings running high if it gets out of hand. I don't intend to come down out of the blue and throw someone out, when it starts getting to much, I'll tell the person that, I don't really think it'll come to it. But I have seen how some people drink. Noone is having a good time if there's one person too wasted to stand.

And as for the time, I'm not saying there can't be a RL meet that is not around new years. But this one will be. It's a time when most people will have time off. And it's a repetition of a RL meet I had before, that was a very nice occasion. There were wine, beer, roleplaying and I think I even saw Koz crack a smile!
New years is on a monday this year, which means most people will have (at least that's how it is in Sweden) the weekend, and the monday and tuesday off. Giving them time to stop by if they want to.

And yes, staying over is a part of the idea. I can fit 4 people in my apartment, five if I have to, but that's pushing it. Perhaps there'll be other orcs in the area, willing and able to offer couch and/or floor space.

If people are interested, I'm certainly not a stranger to throw up other RL meets, I very much enjoy meeting, and putting a face on the people I play games with.
Think, assess, act.