Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 04:20:16 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 295
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 181
Total: 181
181 Guests, 0 Users

A night to remember ( Story on the Memorial ((23/okt/2013)))

Started by Gridish, October 24, 2013, 05:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gridish

(( A page in the booklet: Lofty.))

A night to remember.

A night to remember, it sure was. The night was organized and led Krogon Devilstep, who has gathered  The Rebellion tonight, to pay their respects to their fallen allies in this… slaughter of a war against Garrosh’s… “Horde”. 

Devilstep opened the memorial, and asked everyone to add wood to the pyre. Once everyone had returned to their places, it was time for  everyone to share their words, starting off with the lil’ goblin Moneyfix.., that started us off with a BANG! *Little sparks are shooting out of the word bang* showing that this was not a moment to be sad, but to be grateful that we are here to witness this day.

There have been many speeches tonight. Some personal, some involving the entire rebellion.
Some sad, some cheerful. However all of them had one thing in common… They were all thank-
*Lofty wiggles a bit* “Stop tickling me like this Gridish.. Write like a man!.”
- ful.  *Gridish slaps Lofty* “Sit still you fecking book… for once you are making yourself useful!
- They were all thankful.
I’d like to share a couple examples of “wise words” given tonight, so that they will never be lost in our memories. I’d like to start off with an orc whose name I don’t recall, yet the words he spoke tonight are still fresh in my memory:

*Lofty wiggles again* “You dumb Kodo butt! His name was Ragh.. Something with red” * Gridish silently stares at Lofty* “Ah yes, I remember it again… His name was Ragh Redtooth, Gridish!” * Gridish nods at Lofty and continues writing*
Ragh Redtooth
“I won’t speak of own experiences, but of the history of my people. When the horde began, we took to the dark arts, and the legion’s corruption cut us off from the Spirit. We heard not the elements, nor our ancestors. I can only pray that the evil we have visited upon this world, once more, under Hellscream’s â€" guidance -, has not cloven to the bonds we worked tirelessly to reforge. I pray the dead hear our tribute to them, and forgive our inaction in the face of cruelty, our patience with the wicked, and I hope you all raise your voice, to be heard even beyond the veil of death! FOR THE HORDE!”[\i]

As we can see here, even the preparations to the war have been tough on us, yet we still came out on top, with such little we had. However… You cannot separate the lives lost on one side, and completely forget the other, that’s what Grul’da made us aware of… and she surely isn’t wrong:

Grul’da
”During this war, the Horde divided to take down a tyrant. The rebellion came to Orgrimmar, from both north â€" and â€" south, and we even managed to make a pact with the Alliance, just like we did on Hyjal. The Rebellion and Garrosh’s horde has lost many good people. Both sides fighting for what they believe in. Even if those that sided with Garrosh has committed terrible crimes, even twisting the elements with their Dark Shaman, they stood to fight for what they believe in. Many may well have fought for Garrosh out of fear â€" Be it for their own life, or in fear for their loved ones, and for that, even those that sided with Garrosh should be honored, Not for fighting for Garrosh, but that they fought for what they believe to be right! Honor the spirits, those of both allies â€" AND â€" enemies! Let them hear your howls and roars!”

Hopefully that those wise words didn’t only make me think about the decisions each living creature has to make, for the well-being of their selves… Or for that matter their loved ones.. I can speak out of experience, the only thing that drove me to the person I am today is because of my brother. Some powers are just unthinkably strong, nobody… Nothing can scale up to that.

*Lofty starts snickering  * “Gridish, you getting a little emotional buddy?! Crying is for pups.. Maybe I need to fly over to Grogona to tell her that lil’ pup Gridish need sum wuving and a hug…” * Lofty starts laughing, while Gridish tries to smack Lofty*

The next part of my story is about a Pandaren’s words, Zouyo. He has shown the Rebellion that, even a lot has been lost, it’s not always bad. To look into what these past events have provided us for the future:

Zouyo
”  My friends… Much has been lost in this war… Lives, families, homes, innocence, but for all that has been lost, much has been gained as well. New friends, new families… My own people’s ancient homeland of Pandaria to the south. I think our orc friends here can agree, that rediscovering your homeland, no matter the condition… can be a blessing, as it allows us to reconnect with who we are.. with our history.
Although, the next time the Horde feels like sharing history, can we not repeat it? A tale is only worth repeating oh so many times before it becomes boring. I am not overly familiar with the rituals surrounding the loss of loved ones of my new friends the horde… but if I may, I’d like to share with all of you how we â€" Pandaren â€" cope with the loss of a loved one, or even a stranger. We â€" Pandaren â€" do not grieve as such… there is sorrow, no denying.. but we do not focus on the loss. Instead we celebrate their life, for they are not truly gone. Their soul is at peace and rest with the ancestors. Or haunting us because we didn’t laugh at their jokes or praise their cooking. Their body and spirit give way for new life to grow. In such the same way that when a tree falls in the forest… It is simply clearing the way for new trees to blossom from the earth. So… if I may be so bold… Let us celebrate the lives of those who are no longer with us. Let us celebrate to the victories they have brought for us and let us honor their memory… and so, in time honored Pandaren fashion. BRING OUT THE BEER!”

May the spirits guard over that Pandaren… * Gridish snickers * Now that the war has come to an end.. So has the Rebellion. Lives need to be rebuilt. Families need to be reunited… We are…. Far from done. Yet one thing remains to be said: May the fallen ones’ spirits, find their way to their final resting place. You have fought hard and well… We shall never forget you.

â€" Gridish Doomshout

*Lofty starts yelling* “AND LOFTY!!!!! AND LOFFTTYYYY!!!!!!!”
Gridish Rimeweaver

Thrash'Nak

Nothing comes easy, and besides nothing easy is worth having.

Rhonya

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."