Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 09:46:21 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 310
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 251
Total: 251
251 Guests, 0 Users

On Ones Own Way

Started by Rhonya, January 09, 2017, 03:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhonya

The light of the candle flickered, making shadows dance over the piece of parchment lying on the table in front of her. She had moved the usual contents of the table to the side, fruits and vegetables, knives and other cooking utensils. For a few moments the she-orc stared at the empty parchment, quill and ink jar at the ready. What would she write? It hadn’t been an easy decision, but Belthran had convinced her it was the right one, so she really wanted to go through with it. Her talk with him had been a real eye opener. He was honest. A bit harsh at times, but honest. He had made her realise that she was clinging on to memories, to her past, instead of looking towards the future and what she still had. Her children, her legacy and Sadoks clutch as well that she had sworn to care for. They needed her.

She pushed some strands of long, black hair back behind her ear and started to write.

“Dear Kogra,

First of all, I’m sorry you have to hear this from me in this way. There is no easy way to tell this though, so I’ll just get it over with.
I have decided to, for the time being, move to Orgrimmar and spend some time with my children. After Sadoks death, I’ve not seen them and as they’ve lost their father already, I don’t want them to feel they also lost their mother. I need to be there for them, more than that the tribe needs me at this point. Karak actually made me realise as well, together with Belthran, that the orcs I once knew well and deeply cared for, have all gone. Some their own ways, some just temporarily, and some we’ll meet again on the eternal plains. You are my last sister left and it breaks my heart to leave you for the moment, but I know you will be alright. Nereesa will be a better sister for you than I could ever be, you don’t need my issues to worry over as well. You seem really fond of her.
I’ll be gone before this letter reaches you, probably. If you do want to send me something back, I can be found in Orgrimmar. Stay safe. Please watch over Tamrah for me too. Tell her it’s not her fault I need to leave, and she can always come visit me.
Love, Rhonya”

Wiping her hand across her eyes, Rhonya sniffed and signed the letter before closing it off with a blob of wax from her candle. She didn’t like leaving the tribe like this, but it was for the best. Kogra would be well looked after, she and Nereesa had seemed inseparable anyway, she didn’t want to get in between of that. So she had no more need to stay, no one else she was promised to protect, and the tribe could always call on her in Orgrimmar.

With a deep sigh Rhonya walked outside of the hut she used in Nagrand, making her way towards a nearby orc. “I have the letter… You remember who to read it to?” she said, the male orc looking towards her as she spoke. He nodded, taking the letter and tucking it into his vest. “Kogra Windwatcher, black and white hair, blind. Shouldn’t be too hard to find. I’ll make sure I’ll read this to her personally, don’t worry, Steelheart.” He actually smiled to her before making his way to the gate, a worg awaiting him there. Rhonya watched him go before turning to her own wolf standing nearby, packed and ready.

Softly brushing her hand across the nose of the animal, she spoke softly. “Well, Keren.. Time to go.” Keren let out a soft huff of breath and nuzzled her hand with her nose, a sign of affection and trust. A gift from another orc who was gone. Krogon had given her the pup, years ago, with the words that he was tired of her riding on a Talbuk. She wondered if he was amused she still rode the wolf he once gave her. There had been a lot more heart and care in that orc than she had expected, eventually.
Checking the straps one last time, Rhonya pulled herself on the back of the wolf, turning her head towards the road leading to Shattrath, setting her in motion.

“Let’s go, Keren. Before I change my mind.”

((Drawing made by Belthran! <3))
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Okiba

Aww... that made me sad...

::)
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Wornag (Kronnor)

And there goes our only mender... well we're screwed now.

Okiba

Quote from: Kronnor on January 10, 2017, 08:33:44 AM
And there goes our only mender... well we're screwed now.

Orc up! You have bandages!
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Rhonya

Makes me sad too, Krogon! <3

And you have Neree to mend you, hush. :P
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Wornag (Kronnor)

Quote from: Rhonya on January 10, 2017, 12:29:40 PM
And you have Neree to mend you, hush. :P

I don't trust elf magicks. WTB Orc Shaman :D

Kogra Windwatcher

I'm not shaman enough for you, Kronnor?
"Never leave an enemy to die alone in the cold. Warriors should die with hot blood on their hands, not with ice in their veins"

Wornag (Kronnor)

But you're too busy with Nereesa :'( I feel neglected. :D

Rhonya

"You're working too hard, Rhonya. Maybe you should take a few days off, don't you think?" The female Troll said, drying her hands with a soft towel as she eyed the other person in the room, an orc, over with some concern in her eyes. Rhonya turned her head with a smile. It was a tired smile, but a genuine one.
"Honestly? Don't you start now too. I just can't sit still, Kazhi. I feel useless sitting at home all day, just watching the cubs running around. At least here I can be of some use still."
Rhonya's tired eyes looked around the place fondly. It was an infirmary, situated in the middle of the large city of Orgrimmar. Here all matter of people came with wounds, big or small. Mothers to come, close to birth. For some reason the sights looked familiar to her, in the back of her mind it was almost as if she'd lived through something similar already once. Maybe in a dream, a vision... But this wasn't a vision. She came here often, helping out, caring for the sick and wounded. It was a nice change for once, just being in one place, having some help and meeting others.
Kazhi shook her head a little, putting the towel over the back of a chair. "Well, don't go home too late. I'm happy for your help, Rhonya, but take some time for yourself. Promise?"
Rhonya nodded with a small sigh. There was no changing Kazhi's mind at times. If she'd show up tomorrow, Kazhi would just send her away again. Perhaps it was for the best though, she could go out and do some business she'd been wanting to do for a while now. A few hours later she was on her way home. Home just being a small room in Orgrimmar she rented with the cubs and Sukeenah, who had stuck with them even though Rhonya was there now too. Rhonya didn't mind, Sukeenah didn't really have any other place to go either, she'd might as well be family now, especially to the children.

Morning came fast and before the cubs were out of bed, Rhonya was on the road already. Riding out the gates on Keren, she steered the wolf towards the Barrens. She'd been procastinating, but it was time now.
Slowly they made there way through the barren land, towards a very familiar place. She halted Keren and lowered herself down from the wolf just a little bit away from her destination, eyeing the wreckage. No one had been here. What was left of the hut she once shared with Sadok was hidden between the trees still, the roof collapsed, only one of the walls still standing. The ground around it was still scorched a darker color, remnants of wooden plant racks and dug out earth to the side of the last wall. All that remained of her garden that Sadok had set up for her with so much care...
The sight filled her with a deep sadness, but she didn't turn away. It was time to face it. Face it and rebuild her life.

Rhonya bound her hair back and set to work. There was much to do. She'd have to get some workers over to help her set up some new walls and a new roof, but first she'd need to clear some of the wreckage out. Luckily Rhonya had brought some rope and together with Kerens help she managed to have the wolf drag away some of the large pieces of wood. She found that their old table, which was more a massive, flat slab of wood, was still in one piece. Their bed was unrecognizable, but at least she'd have something still left from the once so familiar hut. It had been the table Sadok always used to sit by, reading or writing in his books and scrolls. She was glad it was still there.

When the sun sank down below the horizon, Rhonya returned to Orgrimmar. It would take some time to clear the hut out, cleanse the fel scorched earth with some rituals, get some peons there to help her build again... But she would do it. A new begin, a new hut for her and the cubs, a place for themselves. She'd clear away the pain that remained and mend the wounds, finally. Not forget. Never forget. But remember, treasure and move on.