Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 04:30:45 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 102
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 67
Total: 67
67 Guests, 0 Users

Kad says hi from WAR

Started by Kad, September 15, 2008, 12:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugluhk

I'll buy this game as soon as I have money, and out of playttime on WoW...and after WOTLK... and lvl 80... or perhaps.. bleh... I'll get it sometime...
Once a pup, always a pup :'(
Offical BUCKET HEAD!
Ugleh, Zhurd, Nose and now Gorback

Ghook Three Axes

Quote from: Oznack on October 02, 2008, 12:38:16 PM
So are you all still enjoying WAR?

I can't say for all, just for myself. :)

When I have time to play, I play WAR. Can't say I "drop into it" completely, no fanatism. But I can safely say I enjoy playing it. ;)
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.

Akesha

Quote from: Oznack on October 02, 2008, 12:38:16 PM
So are you all still enjoying WAR?

I don't want to turn this thread into an advert for WAR, but to be honest the more I play this game the more impressed I am with it. It's like people who have been playing WoW for years have got togther and made a list of all the things they wish they could do in WoW and put in into a new game. WAR truley is a lot of fun (at low level at least) and is easy for a casual player to log in and just have fun.

They also have put in some extremely cool stuff for guilds, like guild cloaks, banners, guildhalls etc.

The down side is that you often feel very small. Most MMO's cast you as the hero of your own story. WoW does this, aoc does it in spades. In WAR however your new character is just one more faceless grunt in the ongoing war. I assume that this will change as you level, and you will begin to feel more like the hero, but for now it takes a bit of getting used to after being told by everyonther game that the world revolves around you.

Short answer .... yes ;D

Ugluhk

I don't think Grunt games are bad, as I'm no born leader, I more like to be the faceless grunt. That's one thing I disslike about most games, you are always the hero.

But, it would be boring with to much faceless grunt aswell. A mix is best no doubt.
Offical BUCKET HEAD!

Yorla

For me it seems like there is something (at pvp at least) what Blizz could learn from Mythic. Open RvR (pvp) is fun! Siege is real fun! And it's not going to break your comp and mind with laaaaags. :) Organised army of "faceless grunts" with charismatic leader infront of it can turn this leader to a hero for a hour. And it's fun too! %)

Well, after 3 years of chewing WOW, WOW itself became rather tastless, like a bubblegum. (I feel pity for Illidan who did it for ten thousand years o.O) Maybe I like WAR only because of that. :)

Kozgugore

Opinions differ I suppose. But I know I won't be checking out WAR myself. If not because I'm not into the whole Warhammer style, it's because I've had my hands full on WoW for long enough, and should I choose to abandon it (which I doubt will happen since WotLK looks very good), I probably won't be doing any MMO-ing anytime soon.

That said, I think WotLK'll be worth the wait anyway. Call it copy/pasta-ing if you like, but Bliz stated they'd be looking into levelling possibilities through PvP as well, and already got some siege warfare coming up themselves. Now just hope they'd drop the whole emphasis on the arena thing.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Akesha

Quote from: Kozgugore on October 03, 2008, 03:35:30 PM
Opinions differ I suppose. But I know I won't be checking out WAR myself. If not because I'm not into the whole Warhammer style, it's because I've had my hands full on WoW for long enough, and should I choose to abandon it (which I doubt will happen since WotLK looks very good), I probably won't be doing any MMO-ing anytime soon.

That said, I think WotLK'll be worth the wait anyway. Call it copy/pasta-ing if you like, but Bliz stated they'd be looking into levelling possibilities through PvP as well, and already got some siege warfare coming up themselves. Now just hope they'd drop the whole emphasis on the arena thing.

I honestly think that the days of the single monolithic MMO that everyone plays are gone. The new batch of MMO's have shown that it is possible to do things in very different ways and offer very different experiences.

There is no one best MMO anymore. What there is now is a variety of games, each of which is unlike the others. WoW is a great game with many fantastic features, but I always disliked the background and grew to hate it after tbc introduced spaceships and rayguns. Age of Conan is a game which still has a lot of potential if only people would give it time to develop and grow. Warhammer is fast paced and fun and easy to get into. Like Koz I am not a big fan of GW's style of fantasy, but I do enjoy the game despite that. None of these is the 'best' MMO. Each have their good and bad points.

My advice to anyone playing WoW right now is that if you still enjoy playing WoW then keep playing it. If on the otherhand, you have had enough of WoW, then there are real alternatives out there that are not simply WoW clones, but are genuinely different games.

Yorla

Agreed. :)
(Especially about starships!) :D

Kozgugore

Quote from: Akesha on October 03, 2008, 04:07:09 PM
I honestly think that the days of the single monolithic MMO that everyone plays are gone. The new batch of MMO's have shown that it is possible to do things in very different ways and offer very different experiences
Maybe so. And it wasn't something I complained about anyway. But I played both AoC and WoW at the same time at some point. As if that wasn't already demanding enough of my spare time as it was, I've even less time to play these days.

Considering all the things I still got left to do in WoW befor WotLK even hits the shelves, I know buying another game wouldn't do me any good both financially (still paying for two WoW accounts) and time wise (2x WoW + 1x WAR? No thanks). And then I haven't even mentioned considering the fact of returning to my AoC account for jigs and giggles. If anything, I should play less instead of more. ;3 Enjoy your time though.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Claws

Quote from: Akesha on October 03, 2008, 04:07:09 PM
tbc introduced spaceships and rayguns.

Where do you get the ray guns I need one bad and a space ship to beam me up out of trouble.
;)

True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Rehbande

Goddamn you!

Look what you did!

You made me go and buy that damn stupid game.  :'(

Krusher

Quote from: Rehbande on October 03, 2008, 10:41:56 PM
Goddamn you!

Look what you did!

Haha, hope to see you there, Look up Fack Kneenibla the Goblin Squig Herder, or the Black Orc Madgore Manchewa, 

Krusher.

Greggar

I tested it and i must say, the game is quite fun ;3 Just heard 80% is destruction kek
Because orcs are green..Doesn't mean they can do photosynthesis..Or can they?

Kad

Quote from: Rehbande on October 03, 2008, 10:41:56 PM
Goddamn you!

Look what you did!

Hehe, Im sorry for that old buddy, but I must admit I am happy you did so :)

Edit - WoW has spaceships now? o.O

Ugluhk

Yes, epic mount at lvl 70 is actually a spaceship. Only for engineers and hackers though :( 
Offical BUCKET HEAD!