Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 02:41:44 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 239
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 222
Total: 222
222 Guests, 0 Users

Application: Hrogthar

Started by Hrogthar, November 27, 2015, 04:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hrogthar

Name: Hrog'Thar Stormwolf (Hrogthar in game)
Class: Primalist
Level:100

Tell us something about your (role)playing experience:

Out of WoW I have experience in LotR, D&D and CoC.
In WoW I have mostly RPed in the Alliance (AD), I ported this character from another server since there was no Orcish RP at all in there. In general I have little experience RPing in WoW, to be honest.

And finally, please write a short story and/or IC introduction about your character:

When the fires of war raised in the east his tribe was slaughtered or put into internment camps. Hrogthar wandered, alone and badly wounded in a desperate try to save his life. He hid like a cornered animal, hunted to extenuation. But Revenge grew in his heart, and once again he called up the ancestors and the elements, but this time not for healing his tribe, but for hunting his hunters with axe and bolt, with fist and fire, until none of those who killed their loved ones would ever put a blade against orcs.

Gridish

Hello Hrogthar and welcome to the forums! I've read through your application and I have a few points to raise.

- What timeframe does this story take place?
- Where does this story take place? "When the fires of war raised in the east" is a bit too wide.
- What Tribe was your Orc part of?
- What happens to your character down the road? With this I mean: What does he do through out the history of WoW up until now ( Examples being: During WotLK, the cataclysm, the Pandaria campaign and of course most recent, the alternate Draenor campaign.)
- How old is your orc now?
- Where did your orc hear about the Red Blade Tribe and why does he want to join the Red Blade tribe specifically.

Long story short: I would like to see these parts being added to your application. This will give us good insight on what your knowledge is on (orcish) lore. If you need a reference to a timeline, you can use the timeline depicted in the following link: http://orcsoftheredblade.com/forum/index.php/topic,2438.0.html

Once you've added these points to your application, shoot me a pm or bump this thread with a new post. This will give me (And other officers) a heads up on the new additions to your application. I hope to see the changes soon.

Strength and honor,

- Rrosh'tul Gridish Rimeweaver.
Gridish Rimeweaver

Hrogthar

Hello Gridish and thank you for the wellcome, and hello to everyone also, I was pretty in a hurry before when I wrote the application form and forgot to say hello, my bad!

I normally prefer not giving long descriptions on my characters so I can give that information IC, since I find it the most "realistic" way to RP (after all we don't know the whole story of someone when we just meet that person, he or she decides to share the story with us). That short extract I wrote before was suppossed to be chronologically situated after the Horde lost the Second War and orcs were being prosecuted either to be killed or placed in the camps, by that time Hrog'Thar was a young adult (let's say around 18-20 years old) so his age nowadays should be around 40.

At first he would use his connection with the elements to assist other members of his clan, and about which one would he belong, this is a conflict I have since I am not sure of the consequences of belonging to a determined one, I would even invent a minor clan if that would be possible. After his clan was massacred he would use his conection with the elements to take on his revenge against humans, becoming an elemental warrior.

As for what has my character been doing until now well, that's the kind of information I prefer to reveal ICly; in general terms, after Garrosh stablished as warchief of the Horde he would progressively lose his loyalty towards the Horde's cause, which would turn into a total break up by the time Pandaria events took place, without a clan and without an allegiance he wandered through the world and from time to time he would hear about the Red Blades, curiosity and the possibility of finding orcs like the ones he knew during his childhood and adolescence made him follow their steps.

Well, I don't know if this will be enough, but if you need any more information just ask and I will gladly answer.

May the spirits guide you,

Hrog'Thar Stormwolf.

Gridish

Hello Hrogthar and thank you for your response. For starters I would like to inform you that the questions we ask won't be known ICly by our orcs. Writing an application is the OOC part of joining the tribe's. The reason we ask these questions is to get a grasp on what our applicants know about the WoW lore ( and more specifically the orcish lore.) So do not worry about us knowing everything about your orc ICly, because we don't take this info ICly ;).

As for the additions to your application:
- Seeing as your orc was a young adult during the second war, he would be indeed in his 40s, however he would be in his late 40s, perhaps even early 50s.
- other than that, your application looks alright. Keep in mind that the questions you haven't answered will more than likely be asked during your IC interview.

So next up is your IC interview.The goal of the IC interview is for your character to establish contact with the tribe's members. Here is a list of orcs you can do your IC interview with: http://orcsoftheredblade.com/forum/index.php?topic=2440.0 Just nudge any of these people and if they have time they'll be happy to help you!

As for the tribe's whereabouts right now: we are in the midst of a campaign in Storm Peaks. Up until Thursday the tribe has been lost, and the location we are at is rather tough to get too ICly. The tribe will be arriving in Conquest Hold on the 13th. So you could wait there with your char as there is a Red Blade member and another applicant waiting there, or you could give me a nudge in a pm if that would be too long of a wait for you and perhaps we could figure something out.

Strength and honour

- Rrosh'tul Gridish Rimeweaver.
Gridish Rimeweaver

Hrogthar

Perfect then, looking forward for the IC interview, I messaged you in game yesterday, but you probably were in the middle of an event, in any case we'll be in touch and when it's possible I'll take the interview.

Cheers!

Vanara

interviewed and accepted by me

Rhonya

Aight! Locking topic then and giving you full forum permission!
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."