Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 03:28:16 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 239
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 215
Total: 215
215 Guests, 0 Users

A New Dawn: Discussion

Started by Sadok, May 11, 2015, 11:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadok

Quote from: Claws on May 17, 2015, 04:54:10 AM
And even to lose her name is hard (Which I would)
even her true name is not available.

Even though "Claws" is taken, you could always go with "Cláws", which is free. On the other hand, "Kei" is taken by a level one warlock, which should be able to be freed up. I'll make a ticket and update you on this thread as soon as I hear back.

Claws

Quote from: Sadok on May 17, 2015, 05:11:34 AM
Quote from: Claws on May 17, 2015, 04:54:10 AM
And even to lose her name is hard (Which I would)
even her true name is not available.

Even though "Claws" is taken, you could always go with "Cláws", which is free. On the other hand, "Kei" is taken by a level one warlock, which should be able to be freed up. I'll make a ticket and update you on this thread as soon as I hear back.

Thanks appreciate that.
Sadly i can not can not type "Claws" with the bit above the "a"
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Revax

Clâws, Clãws, Cláws, Clàws, mark and copy paste (ctrl + c and then ctrl + v) done deal!

Regorn

please, accept my gift of ä and å

even if they sound nothing like a at all, but not like anyone outside of Scandinavia is gonna know that.
"Names does not matter, only who you are" - An old Friend from past, Thar'grash Thunderfury

Claws

Easy when you know how i guess  :-*

Thanks Guys and Gals had to go with Clâws could not use others but still happy little bunny Orcet now.
True Blood

Sadok

Don't know if you're running on a PC or Mac, Claws, but:

On a PC, to get á, hold down the ALT key, type 0225 on the numeric keypad, then release the ALT key.

On a Mac, hold down ALT and e, then press a to get á.

Rhonya

On my PC it's simply:

é= press ' key, then the letter right away after.
ë= press shift, " key, letter right away after.
è= press ~ key, letter right away after.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Claws

Learning as i go thanks for all this info will keep a note of it all  :-* :-* :-*
True Blood

Nyruk

Question:

What if I refuse to transfer to AD, what will happen to my character ICly? Do I make an event where Nyruk dies or something?

Sadok

Quote from: Nyruk on May 18, 2015, 02:29:20 AM
Question:

What if I refuse to transfer to AD, what will happen to my character ICly? Do I make an event where Nyruk dies or something?

You're welcome to go your own way and join another RP guild, we're not gonna force people to kill characters off.

Nyruk

Hmm alright. Its just that fact that  I don't really wanna leave since PVP and RP is like both my lungs I need both of them. By moving to AD i feel like I'm stabbing the right side of my chest with a 9 inch knife whilst having 240V of electricity flowing through it. Which is rather painful, which is the same feeling when I leave my friends and the community of DB. Playing with you lot was actually very enjoyable and I learnt a lot RP wise, which kinda makes me sad, like a squirrel working its ass off gathering nuts then storing them over the winter only to forget where it stored them thus walking his head down in shame, that you lot are going ahead with the transfer.

I'll try to find a reason Icly to leave then. Wish you the best for Argent Dawn. Love you.     ::)

Sadok

Quote from: Nyruk on May 18, 2015, 02:46:01 AM
Hmm alright. Its just that fact that  I don't really wanna leave since PVP and RP is like both my lungs I need both of them. By moving to AD i feel like I'm stabbing the right side of my chest with a 9 inch knife whilst having 240V of electricity flowing through it. Which is rather painful, which is the same feeling when I leave my friends and the community of DB. Playing with you lot was actually very enjoyable and I learnt a lot RP wise, which kinda makes me sad, like a squirrel working its ass off gathering nuts then storing them over the winter only to forget where it stored them thus walking his head down in shame, that you lot are going ahead with the transfer.

I'll try to find a reason Icly to leave then. Wish you the best for Argent Dawn. Love you.     ::)

Best of luck.

Worth noting though that RP-PvP (what I rolled on Defias for) is dead, because the PvPers don't RP and the remaining RPers aren't able to do RP-PvP due to lack of opponents and heavy griefing. Tried to organise an RP-PvP campaign for 6.2, after a lack of leadership elsewhere in the Horde on the matter, and it wasn't going to happen -- we're already talking to people on AD about doing classic Defias RP-PvP.

We should be maintaining some iteration of our PvP-on rule on AD (I'm hesitant to commit 100% until it's official), we're restarting the RBG team, and there'll be as much Arena and BG stuff as ever. So the irony is that this transfer will give us more RP, more PvP and more RP-PvP than Defias can offer us.

Umaua

I'd also note on the PvP part.

World PvP is pretty nonexistent on AD. But Battlegrounds, Ashran and arena work just as much as on Defias I think. Crowd is bit different but they are still PvPers.
And they call me insane? I am the most sane person around!

Nyruk

Hmm sounds tempting, but what I keep thinking is that, if BGs/Arenas doesn't happen in a RP/PVP server, what makes you think its going to happen in just an RP server?

Umaua

They happen because it is the only mode of PvP available since world PvP is not existing.

Also, its about the attitude...I try not to offend, but the people on PvP servers take a certain stance toward PvP that can be sort of "Foamy mouth" that can burn them out of it, while on RPvE servers, majority do it as a fun past time.(Foamy addicts exist on AD too!!)

Another point to AD is that it has many....moderate PvPers? Ones that rate RP as first and foremost, who dislike world PvP and so, have chosen a PvE realm. Because then they can choose when to do PvP and so, it extends their enjoyment of it. They are more willing to go on a battleground or Arena or Ashran, because they know they can leave and have peacefull RP afterwards. Or mindless leveling without risk of being ganked.

Just few more thoughts to share :)

EDIT: I am in no way saying that there'll be overflowing Battlegrounds or arena's on AD. But I know few guilds with passionate PvPers,
And they call me insane? I am the most sane person around!