Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 11:15:26 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 310
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 249
Total: 249
249 Guests, 0 Users

Application: Dolgrub Furyborn

Started by Dolgrub, May 23, 2015, 08:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolgrub

Name: Dolgrub Furyborn
Class: Shaman
Level: 100

Roleplaying Experience:
I have been playing World of Warcraft for six years and I started roleplaying within that year. Right off the bat it was Orcish RP primarily.
I like the believe that I know almost all the Orcish Lore there is, granted WoD is one of my most hated expansions (because of the story), but at least it has a lot of Orc and a cool setting.

I'm a native English speaker, if that holds any value.

I've led guilds on Private Roleplaying Servers like Prologue and this very character achieved the rank of Spiritual Leader of the Drums of Worthag when they came to Argent Dawn (a Horde guild that transferred from the Defias Brotherhood a few months ago, despite my efforts, including reviving it once, it unfortunately died out due to all the other officers, including the other Guild Leader being completely missing in action).

Dolgrub, now 66, was born to the Warsong Clan in a nomadic encampment in the north of Nagrand. His father a Hunter and his mother a Tanner. Dolgrub's youth was typical for an Orc boy, he was be trained by his Father to fight and he would help with otherwise more menial tasks. The surname of Furyborn was inherited as his grandfather had earned it in a feat of rage during his Om'riggor.

Dolgrub's Om'riggor involved him killing an Adolescent Clefthoof. Brooding through the underbrush the young Orc took two rocks, chipping one, he used the chipped rock as a tool to sharpen a long fallen branch as his father had taught him, he quietly approached the beast before in a sudden hurl of energy he stabbed it in its jugular vein, more by luck than anything else but the kill was his and he had thus passed his rite to return to his Warsong Clan as a man. As an Adult, Dolgrub pursued the path of a Raider, as in truth, he enjoyed the thrill of the speed of wolf-riding, training with a spear as his father saw fit due to the nature of his Om'riggor.

In his Mid-Twenties, Furyborn's father died, his leg getting trapped in an old abandoned claw trap and the wound getting infected. To fill the hole of the loss of his father, Dolgrub sought to start a family of his own. In perhaps the least charismatic way you can imagine, he requested Sol'ka be his mate, she knew that he was a stable man and luckily for Dolgrub, she was just as dull as he was.

Alas, Dolgrub's eventual son was born deformed, the bones in his legs had deformed in Sol'ka's wounds. Furyborn went through a crisis as he stood in the ceremonial lake, beforehand his mate had urged him to accept the child but Dolgrub made the choice that would impact him for the rest of his life: He put his loyalty and well-being of the Clan before his and his family, Dolgrub drowned his son. Sol'ka never spoke with him again and Dolgrub never attempted to raise another family, becoming quieter but more involved in his Clan's fights.

Enter the Burning Legion, Dolgrub unquestionably followed his Chieftain's lead and drank the blood. Due to the haze, much of what took place at the time is a blur to him, but he distinctly remembers raiding a Draenic Village, the experience did not scar him and he is not ashamed of it, as he maintains the belief that 'war is war.'

Marauding with his Warsong Clan across Azeroth after the fall of the Dark Portal, Dolgrub continued to serve in battle without question, however in his middle-age be began to experience a crisis, having seen what his race had become as he was ordered to liberate internment camps. Dolgrub approached the Frostwolf Clan, people he was not hugely familiar with but people he was now garrisoned alongside where he requested to be taught their old Shamanic ways, after proving himself a focused student he was taught be Bruknag Rollthunder and would remain that way until his graduation in the deserts of Durotar many years later.

Now a Shaman, Dolgrub returned to doing what he was best at, serving the Horde and his Clan. He fought for many years defending the Warsong lumber operations from the Nightwing Sentinels before his new, rightful Chieftain took him and many others to fight in Northrend against the Lich King. Dolgrub spent most of his time in Warsong Hold as an on-hand Guard and Healer. It was there, in the confinement when he had his first vision during a visit from his dying master, Bruknag, that of Shattrath burning. Bruknag explained that the visions could be cryptic however he was now a Farseer.

Dolgrub spent the following years serving in Overlord Saurfang's "clean-up" Army on Northrend, which led to him avoiding his conflicting loyalties in the build up to the Siege.

With the Horde crippled and the Lumber Mill burned by the Elves, Dolgrub began serving in a roving Warband known as the Drums of Worthag where he gained a sense of high value and respect amongst his peers, after much dedication even becoming the Lak'ta, the Lucid One, spiritual leader of his Warband. However due to the disappearance of its Warlord, he concluded his service in Talador, in the new Draenor, which ironically showed him that his visions might not always be as cryptic as Bruknag had suggested when he heard of the Siege of Shattrath.

Without a warband, with a broken, scattered clan and another distant loyalty complex, Dolgrub went searching for the Orcs of the Red Blade to enter a new phase of his life.

Sadok

Howdy Dolgrub, and thanks for applying! Glad to see you have so much experience -- that GM of Worthag would be... Bloodaxe, right? We know him! He was in OotRB a couple of years back as Gorthrak and Karhog.

Anyhow, onto business! This is an excellent application, one of the best I can recall receiving as of late. You can obviously write well, and I love how you've filled the life of an elderly character with a lot of intriguing events -- older orcs (and older races like draenei, for that matter) can sometimes come across a bit empty due to not enough forethought being put into what they've been doing for decades at a time. I particularly like the internal drama between Dolgrub and Sol'ka over their deformed son.

I can't see any issues at all with the application, and indeed, I think you'll fit right in here! So consider this application approved. When ready, simply poke an officer in-game (Kozgugore, Rhonya, Therak, Gridish or myself on Defias Brotherhood, currently) to grab your in-character interview, so we can give Dolgrub a chance to seek out our merry band of orcs!

Obviously, the kink in the plan is our server transfer on the 9th of June, so you've got a couple of options. You can...
a) Give us your Battletag, and we'll sort you out with that IC interview before transfer date, along with cross-realm RP whenever you desire -- you won't be able to get the OOC guild invite until we move to AD though, obviously;
b) Wait until 9/6/15 and do the interview on AD, along with your g-invite too.

Both options are equally convenient for us, so just let us know which you would prefer. Thanks a bunch and... for the Blood of the Tribe~!

Dolgrub

Thanks, my Battletag is MegaMe#2411, I'll do the interview and then wait for the Great Migration, if that's alright. And yeah, it was Bloodaxe, he's a nice guy, but as said, he sort of disappeared.

Sadok

Good stuff! I'll make sure the officer-team know your Battletag, so we can arrange the interview at your earliest convenience.

Sadok

Interviewed and accepted by myself, with a g-invite pending when we're on AD! For the Blood of the Tribe!