Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 09:38:49 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 310
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 273
Total: 273
273 Guests, 0 Users

Skargur the Dragonmaw ( reapplication )

Started by Skargur, April 01, 2013, 07:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skargur

Details of your Orc character:
Name: Skargur
Class: Rogue ( yes they pop up alot is seems! )
Level: 56

Hello again Orcs of the Red Blade, This seems like a rather strange thing, a reapplication from someone who barely played and was in the guild for none other than around 2 weeks and did almost nothing, but I shall explain my confusing actions.

When I made Skargur, I had a sort of stint, I had a background, I had a plan with him, but when I actually made him and got him into the guild, I fell flat. I didn't know what to do with him, I was spinning my wheels at how I should act or how I should react. I felt stupid. So I Gquit with him, As I felt it was a waste of time and effort on everyones behalf. But then, especially as I had alot of writing work to do at the time. But then I had a second wind as it could be called. I had an idea around Skargur and how I could play him as a character, it suddenly all fit into place apart from one thing, I racechanged Skargur the warrior into a character I currently play as a main, and this made me think, How could I build the Skargur character I wanted into another class, and then it hit me, a Rogue! Rogues are not just Ninjas I thought, and wearing leather with two axes seems right up Skargur's alley. So I set off to retry and make a character that I enjoyed making the premise of, but disliked my execution.

http://orcsoftheredblade.com/forum/index.php?topic=3090.0

Here is a current link to my old Application. Just for clarities sake.

And finally, please write a short story and/or IC introduction about your character:

Skargur Spat blood as he fell back onto his haunches, his battered and broken Axe fell to the ground alongside him, Blade seperating from shaft. His armor was torn, rent and useless. he was nothing, he tried making his way to join the Red Blades, to seek out his own glory in the world, but he grew homestick, he cursed the thoughts, of his Clan.

he felt like he needed to prove himself to be a Dragonmaw, but when he returned, the people laughed at him and struck him, calling him weak and soft brained. They laughed at his respect of his clan, and those resounding laughters shattered it.

He tried facing down one of the Better Dragon Riders, Korag the Breaker. He tried fighting him in the ring of honor, to honorable combat. But the bastard cheated, a poisoned Axe blade, a hidden dagger, and foul magics no doubt. That is how his armor was broken, how his Axe was sundered. he spat more blood, this was going to hurt.

Skargur blinked, focusing his anger through the pain, through the haze, he looked over the approaching Orc, his black Axe held high.

Enough of this, Skargur thought. If he fights dirty, then so shall I, throwing a clump of dirt from the ground into Korag's face. Standing up, he shed the shell of his broken armor and grasped his Axes broken head in his hand, he was gonna gut this fool. Moving swiftly forward he made a feint to the right, causing Korag to shift his defences, giving Skargur just the opening he needed, making quick slash, he cut a rent across the side of Korag's face, gouging one eye while cutting open his cheek.

A Quick Spin on his heels saw Skargur move behind his lumbering brute of a Adversary, where he proceeded to bury the chipped Axehead into the back of his neck. Korag let out a howl and then gurgled his last breaths, falling to the ground dead.

The ringside onlookers snarled with such a sight, and chased Skargur all across the Highlands, till he slipped through the portal that carried him here and filtered away into the crowds of Ogrimmar.

He got himself a minor victory, but he had nowhere to go, the streets would soon ring with the tail of a bloody Dragonmaw murderer and the Kor'Kron would surely dislike any dissenter among the crowds. he needed to slip away.

The best bet he had was the Red Blades, so he stole a wolf from a nearby Stables and bade himself off, though now he felt like some glorious hero against the unfair regime, he had a lot of talking to do, and returning to the Red Blades with a tail between his legs is not his ideal position.

Kozgugore

Hello again Skargur! It's no problem whatsoever that you felt discontent with your character, so a retry is quite acceptable! Once again, the application looks excellent I'd say, so feel free to once again poke a Red Blade out there!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Skargur

Quote from: Kozgugore on April 02, 2013, 01:19:47 AM
Hello again Skargur! It's no problem whatsoever that you felt discontent with your character, so a retry is quite acceptable! Once again, the application looks excellent I'd say, so feel free to once again poke a Red Blade out there!

As another hilarious twist that I think is pulling the leg, the rogue I was planning to transfer over from my old account to here has sadly been hijacked by my girlfriend.

Instead, I shall be making Skargur a Death Knight, who luckily is already on the server, primed and ready to roll, I'll be creating a new backstory ( and probably retconning ever being in the red blades for however briefly. ) to fit into the Death Knight theme.

I shall use this thread to repost it so it can fit into the realms of what you wish for as a application.

And I apologise for basically vanishing on you when all seemed fine, I have been having a crazy real life, and only now have I sorted it out enough to allow me time to start back into WoW.

Skargur

Here is the Third and Final revision of my character. A little silly I know, but I have been majorly busy with real life work and I have had only now the small break I need to write up and develop the character as I see fit.

OOC Infomation
Level: 90
Class: Death Knight
Profs: Mining and Engineering

IC infomation.

Skargur glared down at the wasteland below him, the remains of the Scarlet Enclave jutting out from the tortured landscape like the bones of monolithic beasts. His eyes blazed with soulfire as he remembered how they fought with a frenzy born of fanaticism and fear and a cruel grin broke free from his cold demenour. He remembered being one of the Death Knights to Charge into their ranks, smashing side Knight and Peasent alike to put them all to the sword. His face returned to a scowl yet again, he remembers all the stupid death caused, despite the glory of the battle, it was in the name of a foul Tyrant and a murderer of honest folk.

He turned again to walk through the halls of Acherus, around him arranged was the former might of the Tyrant, fellow death knights wandered, patroled and talked amongst themselves. This was their hold, wrested from the grip of the Lich King himself. He swelled with pride as he was also part of such a glorious battle.

Skargur sat down and looked on, the thoughts of battle and glory etched into his mind from past and preasent, pushing into the future. Sparks of fire and light burst into his memory once more as he thought of his past life.

A fresh faced runt in the internment camps, knowing little of his Clan of Dragonmaw, as they had escaped without him to the south. He was part of the exodus led by Thrall and the battle against the burning Legion, cutting his teeth on Pigmen, Night elf and Demon alike. He stood among the new buildings of Ogrimmar, part of the generation to found the new Horde, a Horde of Freedom and nobility, to him, it filled his heart with the promise of honor and glory to his ancestors.

Skargur walked through the black, cold halls to a shuffling undead creature before him, wresting the reigns of a skeletal flying beast, he took off over the blighted landscape, heading east as his memories flew with him.

A seasoned warrior now, he had fought on the frontiers of the Horde, he battled the Quilbor, the harpy and the Centaur to ensure the Horde was safe, to ensure it was strong. He was there as a bulwark against the vile silithid and their insectoid masters, in the thick of the battle as part of the Might of Kalimdor. He stood against the first scourge invasion, toppling the invasion crytsals and forcing the dread Lich Kel'thuzad back into his Necropolis of Naxxramus.

The bone beast landed with a light thud in the forsaken capital of the Undercity, another former stronghold of the scourge standing as a testament to the fallen grasp of the Lich King.

A Veteran of  many battles he was, when the Dark portal to Outland opened, and a combatant he was then, forcing the hatred enslavers back into the void of their spawning. He was a soldier of the new Horde, striding across the ruins of the old, through hellfire to Shadowmoon, he was a Blade of Thrall, a Paragon of the Savage honor he wished to uphold.

Striding through the Undercity, he kept his sight on his goal, turning aside his gaze to see the occasional Kor'Kron Overseer. These were not Thrall's men any longer. Cruel and spite motions they had, with cruel thoughts behind them. They had no honor he thought.

When the Scouge came again, He thought he was ready. A Warrior of total skill and strength, he charged headlong with the vigor and pride he had before and he smashed the invaders like he did so much before. But he was overwhelmed, not by blade or claw, but blight and plague, and he fell choking with not an ounce of regret, he had fought with honor and strength, and he would be imbraced by his ancestors.

He wasn't. He was ripped back into the cold, dead world, a killing machine of unholy power and raw muscle.

Skargur strode to the zeppelin tower, his grim resolve staring over the craft as he boarded. He had once been a noble Orc warrior, but was made into a killing machine. He knew now, with the Lich king Dead, another notch in his axe in the campaigns he waged. He was ready. He was to return to the Horde proper, to be the Noble Orc he once was, or try to be. He knew the place to start, a tribe whos name was uttered throughout Northrend that echoed with Honor and spirituality.

The Red Blade Tribe. If there was a place he could learn to be a true Orc once more, it was there.

Kozgugore

Hello once more! :D Not to worry, at least your applications provide for plenty of reading material over here! Can't ever have enough of that! And since you continue to provide with excellent material as such, I'll just be the predictable, old orc and say you're still free to seek out any of our Oathbound or above members for an interview whenever convenient! See you in-game... perhaps!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade