Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 11:28:05 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 239
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 142
Total: 142
142 Guests, 0 Users

Stealing Away

Started by Tarkah, December 14, 2017, 08:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkah

A New Hunt, Alone

The Horde outpost of Razor Hill had seen more quiet days than this.
Apart from their own numbers, a large mob of orcs from various groups had descended upon it during the last few days, turning the fortified crossroad into a crowded and noise-filled place.

Luckily, the Red Blades had had plenty of time to settle in and claim enough space for themselves since they first arrived some eight or ten days ago.
Much had happened since then. The hunt had come to an end and many answers had been found, giving rise to no few new thoughts that needed getting used to. The tribe was a clan now, with an ancient heritage rooted in the Old World that had been revealed to them by its guardian spirits, the very same spirits who had aided and guided them throughout their recent travels and search for the answers they now held. Most of the orcs present that night had sworn oaths in words and blood before these spirits as they embraced a new family, a new pack. Others had taken their leave now that the hunt was done, citing other paths as being theirs to walk.

And now, so was she. Atar'ka grunted as she reached over to grab her pack to begin filling it with the small amount of things she called hers. Moving still met with resistance from her bruised ribs even if the shaman, Mazhga, had done much towards mending them back together. Thinking about how she had broken them in the first place, she could only shake her head at her own foolishness. Had she honestly believed that she could stop or slow the boar, or had she just been too blind and slow to avoid it? At least life seemed to see fit to allow her to live and learn. Perhaps time she started listening… Just how long life would remain this forgiving was something better not pondered or tested, she felt.

Not staying put was another sign of her lack of wisdom, leaving for another hunt so soon and on her own was even more so… Perhaps she simply -was- foolish. But she had to go, there had been enough waiting, enough lingering.
She had set out to find orcs that she considered close, back when this had all started, before stumbling across the Red Blades. And they had to be found, their safety made certain.
Feraleye had offered the aid of his people when she told him of her plans to leave, hinting at a restlessness among the orcs to be moving once again, but she had refused him. A welcome and generous offer that she felt honoured by, yes. But this was for her to see to alone.

The small pile of tools and supplies was gone, tucked away into the leather pack and leaving only one item on the burrow's stone floor. The colors of Redblade. She had found herself taking them, rather than admit openly that she had been one of few orcs not to take the oath that night. One day she would come before the spirits again, but she would not insult them by offering oaths that had to be set aside in favor of other ties. She had not worn the tabard once however, something that sharp eyes no doubt had spotted by now, which made it a flimsy attempt at subterfuge in any case. Bloodpaw especially she expected full well to know, seeing how he had been there when she asked to speak with the chieftain alone.

A glance outside told her that dawn was close and that it was time to leave. Fetching a charred piece of wood from the night's brazier and breaking it into more useful pieces, she sketched a message on what paper she could find and left it on top of the folded-up tabard.
She might be stealing away before the rising sun roused the others, but stealing what was not hers to keep? No.

Besides, she intended to come back for it.

A piece to cover and explain an IC absense for the next couple of days, even if Atar'ka herself neglected to do so. xP
Still not overly sure where I'm going style-wise, but its an attempt none the less.

Grogok

Nice Story. Well written.

And a good way to explain absence Ic or otherwise :).

Okiba

Lovely!

...I only wish I'd read this before I asked in game!

WRITE MOAR!
Okiba Spearbreaker - Nag'Ogar and Warrior Monk of the Horde
"Strength, Discipline, Mastery."

Rhonya

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Tarkah

@ Kargnar     It kinda seemed appropriate, aye ;)

@ Okiba        Don't worry xD And I will, I will, jeeeez <3

@ Rhonya     Happy to hear!

Rashka

Lovely story! And aww, Mazhga will miss her buddy now!
Rashka Facebreaker - Battlesworn of the Nag'Ogar

Kozgugore

This along with your other stories made for quite a good bit of time killing! It was great! :D I certainly hope to see plenty more of your work around on the forums! It's nice to get a bit of insight into Atar'ka. ^^
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade