Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 06:50:50 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 250
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 221
Total: 221
221 Guests, 0 Users

Poll time: Village RP!

Started by Kozgugore, November 28, 2010, 05:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A tribal village: Yes or no?

Yes! We need a permanent, central hub for our RP!
4 (25%)
Yes, we need a hub, but we should move around the world doing so!
7 (43.8%)
No, this is bound to fail in the end.
1 (6.3%)
Other thoughts (please post!).
4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Kozgugore

Yet another poll to probe you eager orcses' minds!

With the coming of Cataclysm, we'd of course very much like to keep the tribe alive and running. One of the ideas that jump to mind is to create more of a community feeling to the entire tribe. This means that we might consider putting RP focuses into place, only a little more permanently. We've done RP focuses on certain locations before, but perhaps if we are to centralize our RP somewhere, like a village (because Horde DB is, in all honesty, in need of some more casual and village-oriented RP) , then it might open up even more opportunities for good quality RP.

Do you think village RP would be a good addition to the tribe as a whole? Or should we stick to being nomadic as we have been in the past, and nevermind where everyone passes by? If you think it would be a good idea, perhaps you have an interesting place in mind for this "Red Blade village" as well? Bring your suggestions and thoughts right here!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Burgorg

First!

Or well yeah! FIRST *Stamps his banner*

I like the idea of Village rp hub, but I also enjoy the move around thingies. Specially that allows us to get random rp going on with other guilds easier.

Vezara

Voted other. I would pick the first or the second but i would just like to add that while i think we should have a permanent village, it really depends where it is imo. And if we do it, would everyone have to ICly live there, or could we still stay in our huts as we do now?

EDIT: After reading others replies, and thinking for a bit, i realized it'll be boring if we stop moving completely, so i guess the second answer looks good for me :)
Vezara Wolfheart - Shaman of the Frostwolf Clan.

Gnash

I quite like the fact that we've got a breath of fresh air every other month with our RP focuses. I dread that by centralizing it to somewhere permanently, you take away that feeling and normalize it.

I personally don't like the idea of a permanent central RP hub, the same way I don't like Stormwind City with it's never-changing RP.

(I picked D. other).

Morgeth

I chose that we need a hub, but that we should not stop moving around.

The reason for this, is because I enjoy village based RP quite a lot, and I wouldn't say that we need a permanent hub, but perhaps established home in the different locations we move about. Like when we are in Durotar, we "live" in Razor Hill. Or like in Nagrand, where we live in Garadar.

I suppose I'm a bit torn, I love walking around with the tribe, but it would be nice to know where people are "based" for regular RP too.

I'll, eh.. return with my thoughts when I can formulate them better <_<
I want to be just like you. I figure all I need, is a lobotomy and some tights.

Kozgugore

I'm not going to jump to conclusions yet, but for those that agree with the tribe moving around, I've got an additional question: Would this mean that we should always have an RP focus set on at least one particular location around the world? Ie. the RP focus would be announced on a tribe meeting and in the GMotD as a reminder, and people would get to go there whenever they would feel like doing some random RP. Or should it be kept to "occasional" focuses, which are, like they have in the past, linked to a certain campaign or the like?
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Garashna

I find it the most fun to alternate RP locations, but to have a set RP focus where everyone can go. If we don't have it, it's sort of like we're lost.

So, to answer Koz's question: Yes, we should always have an RP focus set on at least one particular location around the world. Announced in GMOTD and an event leading up to us moving there.

Gerrek

I would prefer a permanent hub, where everyone can go whenever they feel like RPing. That way people always know where other orcs are stationed.  We would ofcourse move around and set up ''camps'', But whenever we were ''home'' we would have that one spot.
Just my thoughts

Ruhyna

I like the idea of a central static hub but with events, that may go on for weeks, where we are temporarily at a camp elsewhere.  So if an event is on we head to the 'camp' for RP, otherwise we head to the hub.

An event being in progress should remind everyone where to go for RP and if there isn't a camp mentioned people know to head to the hub.
"Man does not cease to play because he grows old...
He grows old because he ceases to play."
George Benard Shaw

Mazguul

I love how we have always been nomadic and I would be loathed to see that go so yes, I really do think we should move around and, as we have done so in the past, have an RP hub associated with that place.

However, having an RP focus month after month does mean that some folk never get a break - we're a Tribe after all, not a mercenary group and we do need a chance to chill out and have our own 'time' so to speak (Nag'Ogar aren't -just- warriors after all! They're orcs and might like a week of 'chill', or just training rather than fighting) - I think this is where a 'village' or a 'community meeting site' would be a nice idea. A place to meet for the time when we're not having a focus and such.

Right, I'm rambling, sorry.

But "Yes, we need a hub, but we should move around the world doing so!" - with a the added bonus of the times when it's 'quiet' of having somewhere so we can find everyone easily ;D

/endbrainfart
There be more than four elements, there be five! Folk always ferget the element o' SURPRISE!!!

Lars

I stand between Alternative 1 and 2 here. And also share opinions with Morgy and Mazzy on the subject.

I love the RP focus that we use. That we are nomadic and change scenery. This brings variation to what we see aswell as gives us chance to give others roleplay where they might not expect it.

But having a "base" hub somewhere I belive would be good. A place where the tribe could have homes close too, or if nothing else a lockbox of personal effects.
Would be a good place for the tribe to be between other campaign things and RP focuses, aswell to have more relaxed RP and village stuff.
A thing I highly enjoy because you're often more likely to get personal and character developing RP when you can sit down and talk(/type) for longer periods than when you run around in a wpvp campagin (which is tons of fun that aswell otherwise I wouldn't like the guild).

It could also give other factors. If we saw that we as the tribe had a village headquaters we could have a tribal billbord that would help with the focus.
As in somewhere in our hub the tribe would plant a sign saying something along the lines of "All Red Blades, see this message and know your chieftain and tribe needs you to fight for the Horde in Hammerfall. Make haste to help your brothers and sisters!"
That way orcs could have an IC way of knowing where the focus was if they came to it a week late without feeling they metagamed or having to ask in /g. They had been through the village, seen the sign and set out!

So, I can only see good things in having a permanent hub. But as I really don't want to lose the nomadic feel with the different focuses having "village -> focus -> village -> focus x2" etc would give for both. And even when we're in the "village" things like war trainings could take place with no problem.

So, since I don't know if alternative 2 means this I'll vote other.
Muzjhath got Iced by Sadok, after Marogg got Stabbed.

-The orc formerly known as Muzjhath formerly known as Marogg

Kaigron

Now..I like traveling around and being all nomadic..but yet I also like having a permanent  RP hub..hmm but which ones better!

FFFFFIIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHTTT!!! ;D

Perhaps if we continued to be nomadic, but make quite an event about moving on..Like having 4/5 pack kodos travel to a RP'd scouted destination or known places
and then letting other RP guilds no where we are using magical forums?

But 'spose we do have a permanent HQ (but still travel around nomadically awesome) where would this place be?
I dig the outhouse just north of crossroads, opposite the road to far watch post, complete with swimming pool, lookout tower and security.

Gnash

I dig the Valley of Honor in Orgrimmar, but I suppose it ain't really tribal to live in a city :-X