Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 02:27:39 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 237
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 182
Total: 182
182 Guests, 0 Users

Kosh'harg Festival

Started by Kozgugore, September 14, 2012, 03:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kozgugore

Brother and sisters of the Horde,

For some orcs, tradition is not a thing that comes natural to them. For others, it is something that is a part of their daily life. A part of who they are. One way or another, we all are confronted by the history of our people in more than one way from the moment we wake at dawn to the moment we go back to our furs to rest for the next.

On the coming twenty-third day of the ninth month, it is time once more that we pay our respects to our ancestors and to these traditions. The Kosh’harg Festival used to be an opportunity for the clans of old to gather around the mountain of Oshu’gun in the Land of the Wind to bury their arms and join around the fire with one another as brothers and sisters. A time that orcs could remember who they were, and what future lies ahead of them.

Now, a war heralds once more. Because of the Warchief’s decree, we will not find ourselves in our holy lands to celebrate this ancient tradition. However, this will not keep us from exactly that which the Kosh’harg offers us. We may not be able to attend Oshu’gun and its Kosh’harg Festival ourselves, but we can without a shred of a doubt bring the Kosh’harg to our new homelands. In the Valley of Trials of Durotar, where many an orc begin their first steps within the New Horde, we will celebrate the Kosh’harg in a manner that is only befitting a tradition of its own value.

We hereby invite any orcs of the Horde and whoever deems themselves a friend to join us in our celebrations. Bring wares, drink, food, tales and your best behaviour. Weapons may be left behind, for there will be no room for violence on a sacred festival such as this. This is only befitting a Horde of its own stature, before we ride off at the beating drums of war.

Kozgugore Feraleye,
Chieftain of the Red Blade tribe

And now for the OOC part of it all!

The Kosh’harg Festival is a twice-annually reoccurring event, offering a chance for all orcs to gather together for some good, old-fashioned orc RP. As of late, we have also extended our invitations to anyone who considers themselves of friendly allegiance with the orcish race, just so long as they respect the traditions of their hosts and leave violence at the door.

Though the Kosh’harg is  very much an open-for-all event, offering a chance to gather around fires for stories or any other (idle) talk, to sell things in a small market and to simply meet up with old friends, there will no doubt be room for small intermezzos as well. I would like to invite anyone to bring whatever services, games, stories, speeches or whatever they would like to share to the festival. If you would like to reserve a special moment for it in our schedule (found below), you’re certainly free to let me know by any means most suitable to you. Other than the schedule, the festivals will constantly go on without pause, so feel free to do or bring whatever you please through any of it!

Current festival schedule:
20:30 â€" 21:00: Gathering at the Valley of Trials.
21:00 â€" 21:20: Opening speech and blessing from the spirits.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Mozrogg

Koz' can I make a humble request that the tournament of the blades is held on a weekend pleaaase as I will be on lates the week it's hosted and I don't wish to miss another :(

Thrash'Nak

Can't wait, these festivals are always just.. beyound epic, looking forward to it. :)
Nothing comes easy, and besides nothing easy is worth having.

Regorn

Kosh’harg again?
time flies pass

but you shall have my blessing
expect if you are a warlock  ;D
"Names does not matter, only who you are" - An old Friend from past, Thar'grash Thunderfury