Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 07:49:16 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 307
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 253
Total: 253
253 Guests, 0 Users

Wolfblood's Requiem

Started by Varagga, January 10, 2014, 06:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varagga

Hello!
I am not sure if anyone remembers me, I have been inactive for a while, but with the announcement of WOD and my reading of ‘Rise of the Horde’ and ‘The Lord of the clans’ I have once again gained that hunger to hear Lok’tar Ogar!
This is a short, sombre, tale of Var’agga Wolfblood's last few months. She hopes to return and be accepted once again.

If a nightmare is less horrific than reality, is it just a dream?

A warm haze comes over her as she watches him. His light green skin, just like the fathers’, darts across the plains as he chases the wolf pup. The evening’s low red hue frames the pair, Orc cub and wolf; dodging, running, sidestepping and tackling into the wavy sun kissed grass.
Youth, in all of its primal bliss.

Be it animal or Orc, it does not matter, the two seem to grow, to understand and to form that soul bond. The same connection she once had with her wolf.

As she watches, her brow begins to furrow, eyes squint. It is happening again. It always happens like this. His image becomes a blur, his movements warped, like a smear of paint on canvas. She cannot recall his face, distorted like an object under water, never whole, always fluid. He runs to her, his hooded brown tunic flapping in the wind, arms open, ready for her embrace, mother and child as one. Her burley arms wrap around him, his head nestles between her shoulder and neck. For a second, a fragment in time, she forgets how this ends. how this always ends.

The child’s hooded head tilts back to gaze at his mother, and she cannot help herself but to gaze back. And the pain begins. His colour goes first, from light green through to dark brown then charcoal. His features contort and deform in the seconds this nightmare takes to end. His hooded face, now featureless, begins to crust, like an ancient stone fragmenting and weathered.  Then the once warm embrace turns cold, Stone flesh turns to black ash. His entity, his body, dissipated to nothing. The ash, once skin and bone, is caught by a light breeze and what remains of her son fades on the zephyr like dust in a sandstorm.

She no longer wakes covered in sweat. The nightmare has become part of the routine. The anguish and morning tears have been replaced by an almost debilitating headache.

She had not given the stillborn a name. It was simply ‘He’. After months of nurturing the living being inside her, a visit to an elderly Shaman had shattered her world. The news that the embryo had stopped breathing sent Var’agga into despair. But, the trauma of giving birth was far worse.
She faced the ordeal alone. For eighteen hours she struggled with the searing pain, like muscle being torn from bone, and finally, with a monumental push ‘he’ was born. She had sat watching his lifeless body for what seemed hours.
‘What is it called’, she cried to herself, ‘If a birth brings no life into this world. Is it simply another death…?’

Months on, the pain is still raw. A cut can scar and scab and heal. This was akin to an emotional burn. A mark on her soul. Never to be forgotten.

It had been more months than she could remember since she had seen the blades. The night of the Kosh’harg, the conception, had been the last she could recall. She had not continued on with the rest of the Tribe, she’d stayed behind. Abandoned her oath. Forgot the blood vow she had taken. Dishonoured her family. The child had meant everything. She had sung her Lok’amon to no avail.

Now she would seek out the Tribe. It was the only option left. If they forgave, she would have bridges to build and faith to restore. If they did not, perhaps they would give her the release from life’s grip she so desired.

Kozgugore

Hurray, an old familiar face! Don't worry, I'm quite sure there are still some people around who last remember your face. ;) And it would certainly be welcomed back to boot, since it's always a welcome sight to see them return! Not so much as the sad story, even though it was lovely written and made for an interesting and yet concise read! It's always great to see some really orcish references here and there!
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade