Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 03:04:34 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Razaron:
2024 May 14 17:54:07
The website has never looked better!
Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 211
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 157
Total: 157
157 Guests, 0 Users

Events

Started by Morgeth, April 11, 2009, 03:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgeth

Helloes! Now this might be a bit stupid of me, but I was never known to have the most keen of minds. Basically, I have been thinking about orcs of the red blade, and the stuff we do. This guild has been here for months now, making my RP on Defias Brotherhood be pure gold. We've had our ups and downs, even during this time, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles. The important thing, is not to lose sight of the fun we have.

Now, onward. As well know, or at least should, events can be arranged by anyone. I haven't poked this really, because I'm just a lazy bastard. But now I've been thinking, and I'd just like to hear from the people behind each and every orc, what kind of events they have enjoyed the most, and what they would like to see more of.
More campfires, wartrainings, shaman rituals, warlock rituals (*cough*), some antagonist to chase after, or whatever along these lines? I'm not saying I can whip a plot up from nothing, I'm just saying that I'd be very willing to forge something, either together with others, or just try and come up with something myself.

If nothing else, I'd just like to hear what people enjoy!
I want to be just like you. I figure all I need, is a lobotomy and some tights.

Gruulg

What I would personally would liek to see onetime is the following.

A simple gathering in Stv horde camp, rp a bit around the big fire there.After that we as a group of whatever number would patrol human lands settlements all up to the capital.Not really for attacking, but for scouting.So we would survey them from afar a bit.We could  than set up a campfire in place out of sight in westfall, rping and having the thrill of skirmish.We could say that these scoutings are to see if koz might be captured or any other reason would suffice.

Perhaps it should be more seen as a secret mission, not a patrol on the road.Running from bush to bush, tree to tree.Inspecting their lands for anything.

Mazguul

The 'espionage trip' does sound like a good/fun idea :)

As I recall lots of people enjoyed the 'hunt' organised by the Mistrunners (I think it was). You know, the treasure hunt affair, with the winner being 'the dude that got the item to the tree first', thing. Or at least I think I remember others reporting that they enjoyed it and wanted to do something similar again.

As for myself... errr... the war training was fun admittedly (even though I was babysitting for my mate that night and had his two year old screaming at me for the majority of it :P). Perhaps regular 'watch nights' at various places could be arranged (excuses for camp fires basically ;)). But I do have to admit, I liked Gruulg's idea too.

I will give more thought to this while I'm away. Perhaps an idea that is actually good will hit me, or perhaps not.
There be more than four elements, there be five! Folk always ferget the element o' SURPRISE!!!

Gnash

I personally am not that keen on campfire role-play for the sake of campfire role-play. If it's plot related, I think it's a great thing, but just sitting and doing nothing... Not my cup of tea.

I prefer events with a lot of action in them, events that are fast-paced and that have a goal. Like said war-training, but also small pvp skirmishes. The Horde v. Alliance clashes of that have been reoccurring I find not fully satisfying. Only one or two players really play an active part in RP. The rest I often feel only are in the big events as animated props.

Conclusion: Fast paced events filled with action, and on a small scale. In the case of PvP I'd like to see more 10v10 or 15v15 skirmishes instead of the large scale events.

Morgeth

A small skirmish would be a good idea. Right now we don't have an abundance of orcs that are active, so there would be nothing wrong with a kind of small party of greenskins to scout out certain areas of Eastern Kingdoms or the likes.
We also currently stand without a blade master, which calls for an arena event to be held.

We did have some PvP on a smaller scale with the Winterblades, I suppose it has just been hard to co-ordinate numbers and levels efficently, but I have a few people I could try to prod on the alliance side. I do enjoy the campfire RP, but it usually is even more smex when there's something happening.

I do realise the somewhat idiotic behavior on my part, discussing events and not sitting there RP'ing as we speak, but I need to reflect a bit as well. I've always focused on personal RP, with relationships, friendships and the likes. Taking care of anything on a larger scale isn't my .. uh .. usual approach, so have patience with me.

Claws

The spontaneous RP is the best.

"OY who wants to go look around such and such dungeon"
Nothing planned just pure fun, when certain people die or do some thing wrong.
Used to have me crying with laughter in early days.

(Ok sorry said it again IN EARLY DAYS but it is the truth some think I have not seen here now for about 2 years.)
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Vargukha

Morgeth: For months? Years!!  :o

Anyway, I like riddles, mysterious ceremonies, small raiding trips with a purpose, Sneak journeys into enemy land, beeing part of someones plot, RP-instancing.. and probably a lot more.

For The Blood of The Tribe!

Morgeth

What would people feel about doing an IC-run in say, Stratholme? The normal instance, so that the lower levels are able to come as well. I'm not saying we'll plow through there as a steamroller (I can melee \o/) but it might be an interesting thing. It will obviously have to be part of some "Lets fight back the scourge" thing.

Morgeth

Ah! And as for that "months" comment D: I meant that it has been there for months for -me- in particular. It did sound a bit stupid *Cackle*

Claws

Quote from: Morgeth on April 13, 2009, 03:36:58 PM
What would people feel about doing an IC-run in say, Stratholme? The normal instance, so that the lower levels are able to come as well. I'm not saying we'll plow through there as a steamroller (I can melee \o/) but it might be an interesting thing. It will obviously have to be part of some "Lets fight back the scourge" thing.

Yes yes and may be Yes.
True Blood

Morgeth

Mluhuhu. Reading through this just makes me feel even more lazy, but I'm still going to revive this topic in a shameless attempt in getting suggestions for events, plots and future RP for us to have fun with. Is there anything in particular that entices people these days, do you have a goal that you would like to reach towards with your orc and what would bring most fun?

I'm just curious to see what makes people happy these days!

Mazguul

For me, personally, it would be anything that brings the tribe together as a whole. I'm really not fussed - I know this doesn't exactly help you much. Sorry, Morgeth.

As for my 'orc', well, I do of course have the spiritual goals in mind but currently that is about it. I think I need to figure them out properly in my own mind first *nod nod*

Still, I would be more than happy to help out any orc that needs something - aiding others in their plots does give me the 'warm fuzzy feeling' that I like so much ;)
There be more than four elements, there be five! Folk always ferget the element o' SURPRISE!!!

Claws

Quote from: Morgeth on August 21, 2009, 07:40:54 PM

I'm just curious to see what makes people happy these days!

Roast Chicken.  8)

I have my own veiws but will keep them to my self to prevent flame wars  ::)
True Blood