Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 06:06:12 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 239
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 188
Total: 188
188 Guests, 0 Users

Application: Uruk Flareflesh

Started by Uruk, February 17, 2015, 10:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uruk

Name: Uruk Flareflesh
Class: Hunter
Level: 97

Tell us something about your (role)playing experience:
Not much, been back and forth with roleplaying and I've found it hard to find a suitable guild, mainly because they die out, but this guild is ancient so I'm putting my hopes on this one

And finally, please write a short story and/or IC introduction about your character:
Where there is blood, there is fury -
Uruk looked into the depths of Blackrock Mountain as he contemplated whether he had gone mad or not.
His lover was now lost in the lava below, but he desperately wanted to save her still.

It was as if a whisper encouraged him to jump in, she could still be retrieved!

Moments before the mad dragon had flown by, on its way towards badlands and a presence of utter madness tailed him like a vapor trail in the air all around the land.

Why was Uruk even in these lands? Travelling through the Searing Gorge, a mission... yes! A mission, the blackrock remnants, but no.
What did all of that have to do with his current situation? he looked on his charred hands and felt the whisper digging into his mind like a knife, and a shroud of sanity seemingly came over him, but it was too late.
He tipped over the edge and plunged into the lava depths of blackrock mountain.

As he fell he saw a great wind elemental 'reaching' out for him, and it was as if the elementals them self had come to his rescue, but they could only do so much.

Fortunate enough to recieve a soft landing, an isle of rock emerged from the lava, and scorched his back and hands.
The pain was excruciating, the heat, blistering, but there was nothing he could do, but hope that the elementals could save him.

In spite of the air elemental softening the blow, his bones were shattered from the landing, but they managed to save him.
As his last sight blackened, he saw a friendly face, his shaman friend had saved him.

When he woke up he heard the rustling of chains and looked down only to be greeted by what appeared as a body in the lab of some crazed scourge scientist, but no, it was an improvised clinic.

His friend looked at him and revealed what happened as he worked his elemental powers into the core of Uruk's body.
"You followed a twilight cultist in the mountain, it would seem they had you enthralled with their dark magic"
He wriggled around a bit, unable to speak, the chain was wrapped tightly around his arm, and had some leftover to be adjusted.
To his horror the chains had been burned into his very skin.

The shaman stopped and looked at him before he continued to explain the situation

"Those are for your well being. The fiery depths of blackrock nearly consumed you, and a catalyst of elemental powers were about to undo your mortal being, perhaps as a subconscious fit of rage in desperation. The chains will contain the elemental affinity seared into your bones, I'll advise you to never consider removing them for good, it could cause whatever you unleashed back then to destroy you for good.

I knew something was wrong when you began speaking of your deceased lover as someone you wanted to go see, and I followed you, trying to convince you. I should have kept following you, so it would seem, but we must honor what we have left, and not what we can't retrieve, friend. Hopefully you are aware that your lover remains dead?"

Uruk felt a rage within boiling and his chains began crackling with electricity before he would pass out again from the pain.

Many days went by before Uruk would recover from the dark magic that had controlled him not to mention the heavy operation he had gone through.
In his first waking moment he approached the shaman outside, and his allies along with the shaman stopped chattering, as they looked upon Uruk.

"Have you recovered, friend?"

Uruk clenched his fist and asked with gritted teeth
"Where are the remaining twilight cultists?"

Sorry for the super long story bit, but I felt inclined to present my idea of why my orc is represented visually the way he is, since it most likely won't be something he'll want to chat about, much... This seemed like a good opportunity to catch up before questions ooc'ly might arise from his rather strange appearance. I hope it won't cause too much controversey.
I also want to stress that I have no 'powerplay' or 'godmod' involved for my plans with this character, he's very average in strength.

I hope you at least enjoyed reading, and thanks for considering my application

Rhonya

Hello Uruk!

I've read your application, and to be honest it's not often we get such kind of stories. So far we're willing to accept your application, though it might be good to also think about why Uruk would find the Red blades. We're in Draenor at the moment so not quite nearby. Why would Uruk want to join a tribe, as such since what happened to him? We don't really hunt Twilights as our business (though sometimes we run into them of course, back on Azeroth at least.)

And one more thing we'd like to see a little more OOC explanation on, what the chains are and what exactly they can do? Especially also in regards to what your class is, being a hunter.
Consider your application approved though, feel free to contact one of the officers for your IC interview!
The officers are: me, Therak, Kozgugore, Sadok and Gridish.

See you soon ingame!
~Rhonya
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Uruk

Thank you for reading Rhonya.

The idea of the visual representation is mostly an opportunity for me to sport some more unusual armor in-game, and I tried to be clever about it, but mostly failed if this story didn't make it clear  :P that's not an issue though.
As for joining the tribe, it is something I intended to play out in character rather than putting up an explanation here on the forum.

Hunting the twilight cult is a story long put to rest, it was supposed to have happened back in cataclysm, hence why I pointed out Deathwing in the story, also a time when the Twilight Cult was very active.

In essence, I suppose you could call this short story a chapter on how he got his scars, and it might be a little glorified/bloated, which wasn't my intention, but thanks for accepting my application!