Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 06:30:22 AM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 247
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 241
Total: 241
241 Guests, 0 Users

WoW: Legion - Discussion

Started by Therak, July 29, 2015, 10:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lars

So, a lot of stuff here is things I wanted when Cata was released. Some is stupidity. (Like the "artifacts").

The "You are the leader for the class order" is right-out stupid from an immersion PoV. Every player will be the leader of every other player taking orders from quest giving NPCs.

But more nagas, more burning legion? I'm for it.

And I have a soft spot for demon hunters from WC3 multiplayer.
Muzjhath got Iced by Sadok, after Marogg got Stabbed.

-The orc formerly known as Muzjhath formerly known as Marogg

Kozgugore

Quote from: Lars on August 06, 2015, 09:41:35 PM
The "You are the leader for the class order" is right-out stupid from an immersion PoV. Every player will be the leader of every other player taking orders from quest giving NPCs.

Was already the case with being the commander of "the garrison" in Draenor as well. Arguably as being "the hero" through questlines in MoP and the like as well. I guess it's just a requirement for every MMO nowadays to have every single player feel like the big shot.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Bamm

the big hero/general style never works in mmos in my opinon. heroes don't collect 15 bear arses for a random dude, as they head to defeat the epicly evily evil thing of doom that threatens life as we know it. so long we get rewarded for it, with pants or gold. the power fantasy big hero stuff only works in single player games. I just wish blizz would let us be small greedy sociopathic cogs in a big machine again.

...and let orcs be priests

Lars

My biggest problem isn't "the hero doesn't collect -whatever-" Can do that. Maybe he needs to prove herself for a new person who doesn't trust rumors.
It's that everyone can't be the chosen one. Everyone can be a hero, but not the hero. The reason I liked the first ~25 levels of GW2. You were just a hero making a name for yourself. Then... it went downwards. Some races were less this than others.

SWTOR was the worst and started on "Y U SO SPECUIUL SNOWFLAKE!" ... and then grew even worse. (Even if I enjoyed the storylines, I just couldn't immerse in them as MMO story).
Muzjhath got Iced by Sadok, after Marogg got Stabbed.

-The orc formerly known as Muzjhath formerly known as Marogg

Grekthar

...A thought just occured to me... *looks at Krogon* You bastard, you predicted this without meaning to predict it. When you were giving that lesson on Fel to Umaua and Shasrosan whilst Gashuk and Rhonya were doing their Ritual stuff, and we had that talk about dealing with the Legion, invasions of Azeroth...

But anyway, back to expansion chattings... I like the idea of the Class Hall stuff, since we sort of had an open world version of that with Monks and their levelling hub back in MoP. I just hope it doesn't become too... gimicky if you know what I mean? And on the Artifact stuff, as far as I'm concerned, that's gonna be one of the actual lore characters when it comes to writing up the lore. For instance, the Frostmourne shard swords, I can see being Darion Mograine, with Tirion as the Paladin since, er, well... HE'S THE GUY WITH THE ASHBRINGER! And of course Thrall with the Doomhammer, and so on and so forth down the list.

In regards to my characters with these things, I'm just gonna go with the rule of thumb that we've had when it comes to the Gorehowl transmogs and such, and say that its just something that looks similar... and with the way we can modify how they look as we progress with them? That could genuinely be a thing.

As for the Demon Hunters... <3 Fits in so well with the natural progression of one of my nelf characters, and plus... with how they're starting zone/lore is set up, makes sense they're only Belf's/Nelfs atm... as time goes on, it could maybe open up to more races and such, but for now <3

And of course, we get an expansion where Orcs are not the primary focus :3 Bit weird saying that in an Orc RP guild site, but gotta admit with all the Orc Orc Orc Orc Orc mantra going on in the last couple of expansions, its nice to get some breathing room from the green/brown skinned menaces :P

I feel like I'm the only sane one in this Tribe. And I have four elementals living in my skull!

Srelok

I think it's nice Nelf lore gets expanded on.

And Demon Hunter, yes please. Wanted one since day 1 of TBC. XD

"If you could pour pain into a mold of an orc and then cut off its foot to piss it off, you’d get Srelok." Gulrok Ragehowl

Umaua

I am with Grek on the legendary stuff.

Replicas would make sense since...people like to emulate. So as long as none comes claiming "This is the Ashbringer!" and totally fine with it.

Just like the hammer Uma has, its Sulfuras, but I never play it as sulfuras for IC it is not Sulfuras.
And they call me insane? I am the most sane person around!

Rashka

Honestly, for once I don't give five cents about the lore, just I'll have fun that expac. WoD really made me wanna quit wow so.
Rashka Facebreaker - Battlesworn of the Nag'Ogar

Umaua

Hello Kitty Adventure?  :P

But well. I am one of those persons who play pretty much just for the RP and if the world turns stupid or ridiculous...I loose my interest.

Then, thats just me.

Bamm

I am just happy that people on mmo champion won't be rabidly posting wanting a damon huntard. the near foaming at the mouth fanatical zealoty of their posts over the last few years has been amusing and troubling.   Not sure what they'll post now.  Could this be the beginning of the end for mmo champ?

Sadok

At this point, my interest in the ex-pac beyond the inevitable 'resub for a month, level to 110, unsub again' phase is completely down to the endgame. WoD neglecting PvP whilst offering little beyond grinding mobs for rep, Apexis dailies and mission tables meant I was only playing WoW for the RP -- 6.2 brought new rep grinds, Apexis dailies and a new mission table, which wasn't fixing the problem.

Dailies with storyline progression like 4.2, 5.1 or 5.2 would be most welcome. The PvP revamp seems alright, but I hope it's accompanied with additional BG or Arena content. And for the love of God, don't give me more reps locked behind mindless mob grinds.

The large proportion of screenshots at the conference as opposed to concept art, combined with the late 2015 Beta date would suggest it's already quite far along, which is nice. They just need to stay the course instead of pulling a WoD and redoing half of the expansion's zones and storylines during the test phase.

Umaua

Ark.

Don't worry. They'll start whining about something else soon. Like a full engineer class or something else. They'll always whine and foam from the mouth. That's what rabid internet animals do.

Gashuk

I honestly don't really understand the majority of the whines about Legion; to me, it seems like the logical sequel to Warlords and the first xpac -ever- to be a direct story sequel/continuation, which is rather epic in my opinion.

Being the 'hero' has been the case since, in my opinion, late Wrath. Our characters have always been above average and since WoD at a literally Commander status, you can't knock them for focusing the game on the player, it's an RPG after all.

Artifacts, although many questions remain unanswered, rather excite me. How you retrieve some of them will play huge factors into the story and the characters they used to belong too, so who knows who dies/who retires and so on! The new talents/perks assigned to them, seems rather interesting as a way of customising your play-style, although the idea of running with one-weapon all x-pac isn't entirely appealling. I read on IcyVein's interview with the devs that we loot relics from bosses/etc and those allow us to update and improve our artifact with specific stats we want, so our weapon still gets better, but we apparently have no weapon drops in Legion, which is a huge shame. I pray they are transmoggable, that is all.

The new PvP Prestige System will be interesting, but I need to wait and see before I really comment on it. Just a shame, that if it rolls as assumed, it'll be the killer of W-PvP.

Basically, the Legion Announcement has the potential to be absolutely amazing; class-hubs for guilds/groups like IC Covens on a Demon World, Silver Hand RP, and who knows what else to come for other classes. Yet I think there are still a couple of things yet to be announced that will either make it, or break it for me, but the initial whining about the changes, hasn't phased me yet atleast.

-Also, -apparently- if you believe the 'interview' IcyVeins had with the Devs, Hunters are being revamped, Survival is melee with a pet, as assumed by the Spear Artifact, Beastmasters are ranged with pets, and Marksman is ranged with no pets. :O -  (source - http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/13199-wow-legion-details-at-gamescom-interview-with-tom-chilton-ion-hazzikostas/)
-Gashuk, Son of Garrak-
"When the ashes fall and the green winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives."

Umaua

I agree with most points you make Gashuk.

But indeed if there are no new weapons drops in the new expansion..it also means there is no new skins!!! Except for those artifact things.

But I too am mostly positive about this. As long as we don't like....end the legion. Rather stall it, or push it back.

Trakmar

Well. Appears I'll be going Survival for my main spec then! :D

Wish it was BM that got the melee though, but oh well. It's a dream come true! \o/
"We do not kill - We Hunt
We do not enslave - We tame
There is no good and evil - Only instinct"