Welcome to Guest. Please log in or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 11:16:06 PM

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 21:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 20:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 22:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 01:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 17:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 23:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 15:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 12:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 14:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 13:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 03:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 20 00:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 09:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 12:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 16:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 09:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 16:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 10:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 13:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 09:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 247
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 225
Total: 225
225 Guests, 0 Users

A New Dawn: Discussion

Started by Sadok, May 11, 2015, 11:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadok

A New Dawn Navigation:

A New Dawn: Discussion

Please keep all discussion about Orcs of the Red Blade’s move to Argent Dawn on 9/6/15 to this thread. You can post any questions here, ask for information or specifics, make suggestions ahead of the move, or simply discuss the possibilities that await us on our new home.

If you require funds for a free realm transfer, or wish to donate to our crowdfunding pool, click on the Fundraising link at the beginning of this post. If you wish to view the official announcement, please click on the Announcement link at the beginning of this post, or navigate to the home-page of our website.

Argent Dawn Transfer Checklist:

• If you cannot afford the realm transfer, please post in the fundraising thread as soon as possible, so we can allocate you a free transfer. Our goal is to enable everyone to come with us, so each member unable to pay is only eligible for one free transfer.
  • If you have other characters you wish to bring to AD, we recommend waiting for the next sale on realm transfers. These sales usually happen once or twice a year, and offer discounts of 25% or 50% on character services.
  • Make sure you secure your character’s name as soon as possible. If it is in use, try ticketing to have it freed up (this should work for any toons lower than level 10 on inactive accounts), or consider using accents or slightly modifying your name (Sádok or Saddok instead of Sadok, for instance).
  • Make sure you have sufficient gold, items and valuables on the toon to be transfered before it leaves the server.

Vezara

Useful fact: Characters at level 81+ can only bring with them 50k gold when transfering, so make sure a character dosen't have more than that, or you'll lose all the gold above 50k. A good idea for getting all your gold over to AD(if you can afford it) would be to split up your gold across your characters and transfer several of them.
Vezara Wolfheart - Shaman of the Frostwolf Clan.

Kozgugore

It would seem there is no such gold restriction on the guild bank itself, as we'll be transferring the guild as well. So a suggestion would be to have anyone place their excess gold above 50k on the guild bank prior to the transfer, and then returning it once the appropriate character has been transferred over as well. We can just lock the amounts that can be withdrawn for the duration of the move in that case.
Kozgugore Feraleye - Chieftain of the Red Blade

Umaua

Oh. A question about the hopping to another server.

As the guild moves there as well, then as we move ourselves. We need to rejoin the guild right? And I wonder, does the reputation follow through the transfer. Like if you quit a guild and rejoin it, it keeps your reputation with them, right? So does this work or no?
And they call me insane? I am the most sane person around!

Vanara

Quote from: Vezara on May 11, 2015, 11:22:44 PM
Useful fact: Characters at level 81+ can only bring with them 50k gold when transfering, so make sure a character dosen't have more than that, or you'll lose all the gold above 50k. A good idea for getting all your gold over to AD(if you can afford it) would be to split up your gold across your characters and transfer several of them.

I think rashka told me that you can buy garisson blueprints with your leftover gold and resell then on the new server for the full amount again.
Please confirm :x

Sadok

Quote from: Umaua on May 12, 2015, 12:20:18 PM
Oh. A question about the hopping to another server.

As the guild moves there as well, then as we move ourselves. We need to rejoin the guild right? And I wonder, does the reputation follow through the transfer. Like if you quit a guild and rejoin it, it keeps your reputation with them, right? So does this work or no?

We're doing the GM+Guild transfer with Koz. If I'm correct, it'll go something like this:
1- Koz transfers over and brings the guild with him, including the guild bank, achievements, whatever else.
2- A skeleton guild remains on DB, with everyone else on it, but no achievements, whatever.
3- Anyone who transfers over from DB to AD without changing guilds or g-quitting will automatically be in the OotRB guild on AD, along with their rep intact.

The one thing is that preferably, Koz needs to go go first. We should be able to work that out though, as long as people don't transfer until the 9th of June.

Umaua

Okay, that makes sense. And sounds good!

So no slacking Koz!  :P

Rhonya

Sadok has it in the right there.
The full list of details on it can be found here!
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/guild-services

So indeed, as long as Koz goes first and no one g-quits, everything will stay the same.
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Umaua

So, perhaps an advisory to do the transfer either later on 9th or the next day. If possible. Or Koz does it early in the day so it's more free'er for the rest.

Sadok

Our last event on DB is on the 7th. Don't think it will be an issue for Koz to transfer over the day before the move, yeah.

Sadok

Just a head's up to let people know that in the next few days, we'll be preparing some sort of guide for our members to make sure DB and AD server lore don't conflict.

The move to AD will require us to rethink the scale of our contributions to server lore, but not the actual content. OotRB is always supposed to have been a smallish tribe in terms of the canonical scale of the WoW setting â€" we number in the dozens, rather than the thousands of Frostwolves or Warsongs. But on a server like Defias, all the important stuff is done by only a couple of guilds due to the small population, so there’s a natural subconscious instinct to imagine ourselves as more powerful or prominent than we perhaps -should- be in the setting.

Helping out in the Rebellion is fine, for instance. But if we hammer home too hard that in terms of the Northern Rebellion, we made up half of the numbers and held nearly all the key leadership positions, it does slightly skew things. I don’t think it means we have to retcon anything, but instilling a sense of recognition in our members OOCly that the world is larger than the comparatively small community on Defias may help smooth over some of the more awkward gaps in server lore.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3523212962

This thread is helpful in that regard. If you pick whichever point you started RPing on Defias, then go along the timeline from there, it should illustrate well enough what can fit with no issue, and what may be more problematic to reconcile. For instance:

"[Guild] After in-fighting inside Loa Atal Ai between the Zandalari aligned trolls and the Darkspear aligned trolls, Zaza'jin led the Zandalari aligned on an exodus and for Atal Zanza Aka. The guild prospered in Zul'Gurub for a few months however in June of the same year Zaza'jin went missing and the antu left for different callings. Only old Cobra'zan was left to watch the group slowly descend into dormancy.”

Whereas on DB, SGE have held Zul’Gurub the whole time basically. That’s an issue if you’re an SGE member on AD. If you’re an OotRB member who only vaguely knows about SGE and probably couldn’t tell them apart from Loa Atal Ai, Atal Zanza Aka, would it really be something you’d notice or care about ICly? Probably not. You can handwave it, and if the issue comes up ICly, resolve it ICly -- just like people will have different accounts of facts IRL too.

Likewise, the DB Rebellion stuff largely focused around Ashenvale, whereas the AD Rebellion stuff happened in Durotar. So there's no reason our experiences of the Rebellion can't sit alongside those of the guilds on AD -- we happened to be in two different areas at the same time.

Grogok

I did not know entirely where to put this..but if it is the wrong place I am sorry and I will move it :)

But the Argent dawn has a rp forum aswell..which also sort of work like a new paper, so I think we can find most of the over all events on that server on it.
It is this one here
http://www.argentarchives.org/
Thought it might help, also for those not known on Argent dawn to figure out what there is, it also contains all/most of all the rp guilds both on horde and alliance side, a long with some char profiles.

Claws

Why?
Thats all really.
So we go dump all our friends and people we have played with for 10 years.
All our alts with all our stored up gear.

Why?

If any body is interested I left Argent Dawn and moved my alts to Defias because of the shear lack of RP there.
A few years ago now but still worth a mention.
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.

Sadok

Quote from: Claws on May 17, 2015, 04:29:30 AM
Why?
Thats all really.
So we go dump all our friends and people we have played with for 10 years.

Why?

The various arguments for and against were discussed in this thread, if you're interested in reading them:
http://orcsoftheredblade.com/forum/index.php?topic=3849.0

Claws

This is hard for me to take in.
My own fault i know for not looking on site to air my views.
I know i will not be missed some will no doubt even say good.
For those who do not know me I have put a lot of time in to my toon.
And even to lose her name is hard (Which I would)
even her true name is not available.
It also means leaving behind alts and there trades.

But as my toon says once a Blade always a Blade.
So I guess i will be there to bend ears and may be get back into the Tribe once again.
True Blood
Once a Blade Always a Blade.

Retired Right hand of the Blades.
Lived enough to be older and wiser then many pup's

Remember a journey is not a final destination.