Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 02:36:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 156
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 155
Total: 155
155 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Sins in the Shadows  (Read 3747 times)

Drazhul

• Path of Cunning
  • Cub
    • View Profile
Sins in the Shadows
« on: August 18, 2020, 03:06:55 PM »
The water shimmered in the pale light of the moon, a lone orc sat upon the shore and idly peered at a silver orb hovering above his palm. The orb brimmed and shook with magic, it's inhabitant never accepting it's fate. Despite being quite used to malignant presences haunting his thoughts he couldn't deny the inhabitant of the orb was especially draining. It was the reason he took an absence from the clan and Bashul. He had to deal with this, but first he had to get a grip on himself. He had been alone for several weeks now, alone with his thoughts and his inner demons. Free to rebuild the mental wards that shattered weeks ago. The process was tiring, agonizing and almost maddening. They were strong enough now, perhaps, not as strong as he'd like but it'd have to do. He fashioned himself a loner but truth be told he could not bear to be away from his love for much longer.

Draz'hul took a deep breath and steeled himself, shadowflame flickered off his body as he opened a way into the orb. In the pitch black of the orb stood a single orc. He could feel the orc's hatred for him in the very air, it swirled around like a stormcloud. He approached the figure slowly, until they stood face to face.
''Finally found the courage to face me, Darktongue?''  the imprisoned spirit almost spat out the words, it's very presence antagonized Draz'hul.
''It's Dusklight, I gave up that name.''
A hollow laugh preceded it's response. ''Abandoned? You're that ashamed of your past, do you have no sense of pride, -Darktongue-?''

The mocking tone stung Draz'hul who sneered back. ''Like you? What pride is there in being a kinslayer?'' he realized his mistake as the words left his mouth.
''Hrah! How rich coming from you!'' the spirit cackled, it even seemed to be in a good mood now it's winning the little interactions with his jailer.
''Didn't you let your sister die? Didn't you give up your parents to die? I think I even saw you-'' 
''You know nothing!'' Draz'hul yelled out in anger.
''I was there! You keep forgetting -Darktongue- I. Was. There. I -know- the truth.'' the spirit leaned closer, a grin on it's lips.
''And sooner or later she'll learn too, and then what? You'll be alone Darktongue, you can't hide your true self forever, they'll see you for the monster you are, they'll see..''
Draz'hul swiped his hand towards the spirit but it dashed backwards with a mocking laugh.
''Tssk.. too easy. You're worse than me, the Light will tear you apart at the end, a fitting end for void-worshipping mongrel Hra-Guk!'' it's laughter stifled as magical chains wrapped around its neck. 

''You're forgetting your place, Gun'garom. I could send your spirit to the ancestors whenever I want.. But I won't give you that. I think I'll keep you and your damned Light here forever, lament away in your crystal prison, to be forgotten as the eons pass. Yes, that is a fitting punishment for your crimes. She'll be free of you, forever.''
The shadows around Draz'hul swirled and hid his entire being, save for the crude white skull on his face.
''Your father was a great man, your daughter a great woman.. you however? A speck of dirt on their bloodline. Unlike you I will repent for my sins, I will accept the ancestor's judgement when I die. I won't try to possess my own kin.'' 
Draz'hul moved backwards, gliding through the shadows towards the portal he created.
''The truth.. only we know it, and nobody else. Not Bashul, not even Vexri. But if you want the truth, I'll tell her myself, about me, about you, about everything.. Enjoy your prison Gun'garom, you'll be here for eternity.'' 

Draz'hul opened his eyes and found himself upon the waterside once more. The orb still levitated above his palm, he dispelled the magic and it dropped into his hand. The Light magic of Gun'garom sent a searing sensation through his arm, yet he gripped it tightly before putting it back into a locked box in his travelbag. He looked upon the moon with a weary smile.
''Perhaps I'll never be able to repent for my actions, but I'll be damned if I stop trying.''