Orcs of the Red Blade

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 05:49:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Shoutbox

Zakarah:
2023 Dec 29 20:06:51
I think Rashka.exe has stopped working.
Rashka:
2023 Dec 28 19:49:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... A.
Realyn/Eliff:
2023 Jul 22 21:17:06
Such shouty people in here, gosh.
Rashka:
2023 Jul 20 00:42:16
Remember to shout your lungs out every once in a while!!
Kozgugore:
2023 Jul 08 16:30:53
Shouting here to make sure everyone knows that I'm still here!
Ootah:
2022 Jan 24 22:27:52
Wow I can't believe I remembered my password!
Razaron:
2021 Dec 18 14:37:28
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2021 Nov 10 11:24:52
Remember to check both ways before crossing the plains!
Vraxxar:
2021 May 22 13:10:40
I too am testing the shoutbox for non-nefarious reasons.
Kozgugore:
2021 May 22 12:55:49
This is me testing the shoutbox, because shouting is a great stress relief and it would be a shame if it doesn't work.
Rashka:
2021 Mar 25 02:38:20
IM SHOUTING SO HARD RIGHT NOW YOU GUYS.
Claws:
2020 Nov 19 23:14:09
Ice cream for all
Realyn/Eliff:
2020 Oct 09 08:49:55
Happy Anniversary!!! It's party timeeee!
Vraxxar:
2020 Sep 24 11:39:42
Oh god. The warlock found the shoutbox!
Gashuk:
2020 Sep 23 15:42:21
THE SHOUTBOX. Omg. This was like proto-Discord.
Vraxxar:
2020 Aug 23 08:36:02
*Grabs a camera to record what happens*
Nakobu:
2020 Aug 22 15:24:43
*prods shoutbox*
Razaron:
2020 Jun 16 09:34:12
<dances>
Vraxxar:
2020 Jun 05 12:32:27
Swedish Pagans?
Kozgugore:
2020 Jun 01 08:45:09
You're invoking the wrong gods in this place!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 33082
  • Total Topics: 3067
  • Online Today: 34
  • Online Ever: 440
  • (January 13, 2020, 10:14:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25
25 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: The Haze  (Read 1579 times)

Urzoga

• Red Blade
  • Cub
    • View Profile
The Haze
« on: August 07, 2019, 12:45:52 AM »
Everything felt cold. The air, the ground, the sun shining through the trees. Even her breath turned into small clouds as she exhaled. Shivering she sat up, looking around for a moment, confused. Where was she? She remembered riding along with the scouting party before everything had turned black.

How long had it been since she had left them? As she tried to look up, a sharp pain shot through her head. Growling lowly she pressed her hand against her head, breathing for a moment with her eyes closed before it sank in. Something was wrong. This was not how it used too be. How long had she been.. out?

Her fingers trembled as she followed the deep cut. What had happened? This.. Had never happened before. She was certain. With both hands shaking in front of her, another wave of fear and confusion came over her. They did not look like hers anymore, covered in layers of dirt and some dark liquid.

This was not how it was supposed to go. She had to return. Get back to the clan. It was a time of war, and she had dissapeared. It was wrong. Jumping down with what little grace she could master, she landed on the forest ground. Growling again as her right leg gave out, she dropped to one knee and paused, slowly taking in the damage.

Torn strips of fabric where knotted together, clinging to the sticky substance on her leg, covering another four deep cuts. What had happened? Her eyes flicked from left to right as she heared rustling in the bushes. One hand lowering to her dagger, the other supporting her weight for now, she waited. She was not alone anymore.

Not breathing, dagger in one hand, she waited. The rustling came closer, louder, until two pairs of eyes emerged. Familiar eyes. And yet strange. They looked just like her. Both creatures covered in the same layer of dirt as she, clinging to their fur, a strange anger in their eyes. It was not over.

Her bow was broken, her quivers empty. Alone in the woods, wounded, weakened and with yet another gap in her memory she stood against the tree, eyes closed. Listening to the sounds of the woods around her. Another rustle sounded, further away. Something had followed them, hunted them, weakened them.

Inhaling deeply, she pushed herself from the tree and crouched down, growling lowly. Something was taking control again, in an almost animalistic way. Toes digging into the soft forest ground, dagger in one hand and each side covered by her companions, the darkness became her master again..

Urzoga

• Red Blade
  • Cub
    • View Profile
Re: The Haze
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 10:36:17 PM »
She didn’t even feel the cold against her body anymore. Or noticed she was shivering. She just, sat there, holding on to her stomach. The cold made the pain tolerable, comfortable even, reassuring she was still here. The snow was falling again and slowly formed a blanket over her back, hiding her from curious eyes.

It took Urzoga some time to gather herself and shake of the white blanket. With shaking legs she stood up and made her way to a nearby pine, seeking shelter from the incoming snow. As soon as her back hit the trunk, she heard his voice again, the careful but icy tone echoing through her head. “You will explain yourself, now.”

Slowly she pulled her right glove from her hand and unwrapped the bandages. The two deep wounds seemed closed now, a thick scab running across them.
“Aren’t they beautiful” The but all to familiar voice rang through her head. With shaking fingers, she followed them, dull in the cold of Northrend.

Her breath trembled, tears frozen on her face as she looks down. This could not happen again.
“See them as a little reminder.” The voice sounds mocking, a soft chuckle in the background. “He did say that wild beasts must be put down.” Urzoga closes her eyes and rests her head against the tree. Her breath quickens, the shivering becoming worse and the pain in her body returns.

“Don’t fight me, you know what can happen.” The voice is cold now, the sound of a snarl not far away. The darkness was closing in again, now leaving nothing but suffering in it’s way. Hunched over, she reaches for her pouches and manages to grab hold of the object she was looking for, clinging onto it for dear life.